My day at the BSS....bless her heart!

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I meant to write about this the other day, but I forgot. So the other day I had to pick up some supplies for my client's hair that I had to do that day (BTW, 2 heads of hair in one day....never again!). I had airdried my hair and piled it in top of my head in a bun. When I get inside the BSS, I'm immediately drawn to this table filled w/ just phony buns. I mean HUGE ones in designs I've never seen before. As I'm rummaging through the table I catch this elderly woman looking at my head. I turn to her and smile. Ladies I kid you not...this is how the rest of the conversation went:

Elderly Woman: What chu lookin for today baby?
QT: I'm just looking through these buns! They're so beautiful, I think I may pick up a few before I leave.
EW: Might as well, it's about time you get rid of the one you have. It's startin to look a little ratty...

:huh:

QT: Umm.....this is my hair.....
EW: :blush: Uh Uhhh!!!! For real, all of that hair's yours?!!! Beatrice (her sidekick). Come here and look at this child's hair. She say it's all hers!
Beatrice: For real? Lemme see...

Do you know these ladies went CSI in my bun, inspecting real close???

Beatrice: Yep, that's all hers all right. I used to have long hair like that once....

EW: Baby, you don't need no bun, you just need to get a "perm" and wear your hair out.
QT: I have a "perm".
EW: :look:

I wasn't even mad @ her. She was a sweet lady. it was funny as all get out though. Just thought I'd share :grin:

Last edited:
I meant to write about this the other day, but I forgot. So the other day I had to pick up some supplies for my client's hair that I had to do that day (BTW, 2 heads of hair in one day....never again!). I had airdried my hair and piled it in top of my head in a bun. When I get inside the BSS, I'm immediately drawn to this table filled w/ just phony buns. I mean HUGE ones in designs I've never seen before. As I'm rummaging through the table I catch this elderly woman looking at my head. I turn to her and smile. Ladies I kid you not...this is how the rest of the conversation went:

QT: I'm just looking through these buns! They're so beautiful, I think I may pick up a few before I leave.
EW: Might as well, it's about time you get rid of the one you have. It's startin to look a little ratty...

EW: :blush: Uh Uhhh!!!! For real, all of that hair's yours?!!! Beatrice (her sidekick). Come here and look at this child's hair. She say it's all hers!

Beatrice: Yep, that's all hers all right. I used to have long hair like that once....

EW: Baby, you don't need no bun, you just need to get a "perm" and wear your hair out.

I wasn't even mad @ her. She was a sweet lady. it was funny as all get out though. Just thought I'd share :grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ the bolded.

i love old people. the lady who has been doing my hair for 7 years is an older lady and if my hair isnt straight already when i come to her she will say "who beat you with an ugly stick?"
i think its cute.

roflmao.gif

OP, thanks for the laugh. Old folks just don't give a dayum what they say to you. :lachen:

This whole thread is hilarious!

ETA: I gots to go find me some old folks and investigate this corn thang.

This is funny! Wow, older people sometimes think they can just say anything. My mom is like that , she'll say just about anything. I think she feels like she's paid her dues so she can say what she wants.

I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing out loud. I had people in the past mistake my hair for being natural. I dunno why people in general feel the need to give their unauthorized opinion. Cute story!

:lachen: "Beatrice come on ova here and look at this childs huir"! :lachen: OMG that sheye was funny!

Cute story!!

In regard to the corn smell...............I have always thought that old folks had a "certain" smell that I could not put my finger on......huh....maybe corn is the SMELL!!!:look:

robertsonG1.jpg

quote:

:lachen:
(when you said you had a perm-- did she look at your hair, then make eye contact with beatrice, and then look back at you?) I can picture her doing all that and then giving you the sweetest smile. :lachen:

Back