My Daughter's Hair is growing like a wildfire!

Toni

My Daughter\'s Hair is growing like a wildfire!

I was very frustated with my seven yr. old daughter's natural 4a hair. I was not taking care of it properly and mistakenly thought her hair was not growing because the ends were breaking at a very fast rate. Well...thanks to the wonderful advise I have read on this site her hair is growing about 1inch per month she is keeping the growth her hair is soft, beautifully textured and healhty. I learned that her hair is fragile, not coarse! Once I stopped style her hair harshly, started washing on a more regular basis,used moisturisers (not grease). Her hair has turned completely around. I have to thank you all for the wonderful advise.

My baby's haircare regime
Wash with cream of nature or frutcis.
Deep condition with Cholestral and Olive oil mixutre for 30 min w/ warm towel.
Rinse out conditioner fup with Vo5 detangler leave in and Wave noveau curl activator.
Style hair with either a braid out or twisted for the week. I tie her hair up at night(satin scarf) making sure to spray wave noveau moisturezer.

I feel by teaching my daughter how to properly care for her natural hair I am instilling in her pride in her heritage and a sense that she is beautiful inside and out.

By the way my hair is also doing quite well, the ends are not breaking because I am now paying attention to the ends. oh yeah...seamless comb! This has also made a HUGE difference. Thank you my sistas.

Re: My Daughter\'s Hair is growing like a wildfire!

That sounds like the perfect regimen for a 7 year old. In a couple of years, that baby will have more hair than she knows what to do with. Get ready to fight off the boys and the haters!

I agree with you also about teaching her proper hair care early in her life. Just think if our parents had this board when we were growing up, we'd all probably be sitting on our hair right about now
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
That sounds like the perfect regimen for a 7 year old. In a couple of years, that baby will have more hair than she knows what to do with. Get ready to fight off the boys and the haters!

I agree with you also about teaching her proper hair care early in her life. Just think if our parents had this board when we were growing up, we'd all probably be sitting on our hair right about now
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="brown"> Supergirl hit it right on the nail. Great work!
smile.gif
</font>

Ditto what Supergirl said. I couldn't have said it any better! Great work!

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

Keep up the good work!

This is wonderful! Your daughter's hair sounds a bit like mine. My hiar is quite fine with loose curls. I have to be very careful not to load it down with too many heavy products that inhibit moisture.

I wish I had a mommy like you to have cared for my hair when I was growing up. I still have night mares of sitting between the maid's legs while she tugged away at my tender scalp. hahahhaha

Toni, glad to hear that your daughter's hair is doing so well. I am going to show her regime to my sister for her 10 year old daughter.

perfect peace
Rose.gif

I'm glad you have found the perfect regimen for your young daughter! It's great she is learning at an early age!
smile.gif
As Supergirl has said, get prepared to fight off the boys and haters!
laugh.gif

Congrats Toni
smile.gif
, I can totally relate to your story as I have a little 6 year girl myself. Aren't these ladies great
clap.gif
Keep up the good work
smile.gif

by the time she is 15 she would have waist length hair . Its good to start her off from early .
That is love

[ QUOTE ]
Toni said:
I feel by teaching my daughter how to properly care for her natural hair I am instilling in her pride in her heritage and a sense that she is beautiful inside and out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Excellent job, mom
smile.gif

that's wonderful.

i second the seamless comb, at first i thought "this comb isn't different, but hey its supposed to be better for the hair, so i continued using it. after using the comb for two months straight, i tried using one of my old combs, and it felt strange in my head.

WTG
clap.gif

I wish that all of our mother's had this valuable resource when we were young like someone else said we'd all have gorgeous, healthy, long hair as we speak, plus we'd have all these great hair habits.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
that's wonderful.

i second the seamless comb, at first i thought "this comb isn't different, but hey its supposed to be better for the hair, so i continued using it. after using the comb for two months straight, i tried using one of my old combs, and it felt strange in my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK where oh where do I purchase this seamless comb???

I might have to follow that regimen when my hair grows out, because it's the same type.

When I think about the abuse my daughters hair took because I didn't know better, I just cringe. I will post pics soon of her growth.

Back