My Daddy

sashaa

My Daddy- Updated

Update 8/31- Dad has moved to the inpatient Hospice. We finally realized this morning that we need to stop pushing the aggressive treatment and focus on dads comfort. This is the hardest decision by far to come to, but when asking dad this morning if he is suffering and he responds, yes- that was all I needed. Also there is a newly formed knot in his belly that is very tender to the touch. He is in pain more so now than before and we promised that he would not have to suffer.

Waiting now on God to do what he is going to do and it is the waiting period that is so hard because well it is such an unknown, but we do know it will be soon and very soon. I thought I was strong, but I have found out this week that I am not so much...

TOday 8/29, I realized that this really may be my daddys last few hours/days...His story is long but the short story is that he has not been dialyzed since last Thursday and dialysis is required 3 days per week for him. His blood pressure has been too low to tolerate dialysis. He is currently in the hospital and on hospice due to metastatic cancer in his colon, liver, and lungs. He has a host of other ailments including heart disease and diabetes atop the cancer and kidney failure. He has been on dialysis for about 8 years and is 75 years old.

Today after finding out that he could not tolerate dialysis today and is beginning to be in more pain, I realized that the end is even more close than I realized. I am so stressed out and in so, so many tears! I just started a new job in May and have a 10 month old son. I have been taking care of my mom and dad for about 4 years now in my home. This is really hard for me and my mom right now and I just ask for prayer and divine intervention.

My understanding from the dr is that eventually due to the toxins building up in his body and no dialysis he will go into a coma and then within 72 hours of that time, he will expire. This knowledge is by far the most difficult to digest....They have assured however that it is a peaceful way to die and that he will not suffer. I never would have imagined that this would happening right now. I am just so ill....Please pray

Last edited:
I'm so sorry. I can only imagine the amount of pain you must be going through. I will pray for him and your family.

Sent from my PG86100

I've prayed a chaplet of the divine mercy for him and for all souls that are passing. I wish you strength and love.

thanks so much for the prayers! I am sitting by my dads side now. Praying for mercy and grace through the night.

I am praying for you, your father, your mother, and your entire family. I know your parents appreciate you just being there.

I am praying for you and your entire family. I can't imagine what you are going through right now, but I am praying that God gives you the strength to endure.

Sashaa, I will be praying for you and your family. I will also pray for the healthcare team. I pray your dad will be at peace, that you and your family will be comforted by the holy spirit and the health care team have the strength and compassion to deliver the healthcare your dad and your family needs.

sashaa - i have been where you are, recently. my heart goes out to you and your family. your story made me tear up. you are in my prayers. stay strong for your mom. she will need you now more than ever.

It is a blessing that you are with him.
Your father, you and your family in GOD's hand, He can do wonders and He is the Great Comforter.

Back