My Chi Experience Review

br0wney3z

I am currently 5 weeks post but b/c my hair was really underprocessed from my last relaxer, I have more than my usally 5 weeks worth of NG, more like 8 weeks. So my NG ranges from about .5in in the back to about 1+ inches in the crown and front areas. I'm traveling this weekend to ATL and wanted a nice look so I decided to flat iron the hair. I found this great tutorial from a search I did on here (Patchouli85...i think is her Fotki album). Knowing that JCPenney's is having a sale on Chi sets like the one used in this tutorial I stopped by there and got the set for 24.99....can we just talk about the fact that included in the set is the Infra Shampoo, Moisturizing condish, and a 12oz Silk Infusion (the 12 oz usually retails for like $40):blush:. Anyways, so I stopped by a local Linen-n-Things that was closing and found a Maxiglide for 39.99:drunk:. It was the last one there, so I scooped it up real quick and dashed home to get started.

Okay so I DC'ed on dry hair with some Elasta DR mixed with some essential oils and some Aphogee 2 min. Left it on for about 45 minutes, worked up a good sweat doing housework so it actually created steam under the shower cap, and then got busy. So the shampoo is the awesome:yep:; I'm not normally a fan of that strong colonge smell that the line has, but I guess I must have gotten used to it b/c it didn't smell half bad at all. It left my hair feeling absolutely wonderful, almost like I wasn't going to need the conditioner. After rinsing, I sectioned my hair and added a generous amount of the conditioner, rubbed it in well, and then proceeded to actually shower. I rinised it out after about 5 mins, put some VS So Sexy on mainly for the smell, but also to give me more slippage (not that I was lacking) and then rinised again. My hair felt like silk after stepping out of the shower, it was nicely detangled so easy to comb out, and it was so soft.

I then put a bit of my silk infusion on followed by Giovanni leave in, let the hair air dry for about 10 minutes, and then finished off with a roundbrush and a the hair dryer set to cool. Can I just say how much I love love love blowouts:look:. My hair felt so smooth afterwards, the cuticle was laying down so my hand literally just glided through what was previously a pretty rough jungle of hair. I almost didn't want to flat iron after that, but although I loved the big bouncy hair, I wanted to take the volume down just a notch. I'm not sure I like the fact that my maxi only has number settings and not actual temperatures, but it still worked like a charm. I set it on 4 and got to work taking really small pieces of hair at a time, and only using the steam on the areas that I didn't get to straighten well with the roundbrush. In the end I think I took out too much volume, but my hair still looked and felt great.

I wrapped it overnight, but b/c I still suck at wrapping, it didn't have those nicely bumped ends, instead it was stick straight this morning:ohwell:. So When I get home tonight I'm either going to do a dry rollerset or use my caruso's to give it a bit more volume/curl for tomorrow when I leave to see my man:grin::grin:.

Overall, I definitely think this is going to be a keeper for those times when I need to do something to the hair, but don't want to rely on a stylist. Just one more step towards being stylist free for good:yep:. I will post pics in my fotki later on today/tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am currently 5 weeks post but b/c my hair was really underprocessed from my last relaxer, I have more than my usally 5 weeks worth of NG, more like 8 weeks. So my NG ranges from about .5in in the back to about 1+ inches in the crown and front areas. I'm traveling this weekend to ATL and wanted a nice look so I decided to flat iron the hair. I found this great tutorial from a search I did on here (Patchouli85...i think is her Fotki album). Knowing that JCPenney's is having a sale on Chi sets like the one used in this tutorial I stopped by there and got the set for 24.99....can we just talk about the fact that included in the set is the Infra Shampoo, Moisturizing condish, and a 12oz Silk Infusion (the 12 oz usually retails for like $40):blush:. Anyways, so I stopped by a local Linen-n-Things that was closing and found a Maxiglide for 39.99:drunk:. It was the last one there, so I scooped it up real quick and dashed home to get started.

Okay so I DC'ed on dry hair with some Elasta DR mixed with some essential oils and some Aphogee 2 min. Left it on for about 45 minutes, worked up a good sweat doing housework so it actually created steam under the shower cap, and then got busy. So the shampoo is the awesome:yep:; I'm not normally a fan of that strong colonge smell that the line has, but I guess I must have gotten used to it b/c it didn't smell half bad at all. It left my hair feeling absolutely wonderful, almost like I wasn't going to need the conditioner. After rinsing, I sectioned my hair and added a generous amount of the conditioner, rubbed it in well, and then proceeded to actually shower. I rinised it out after about 5 mins, put some VS So Sexy on mainly for the smell, but also to give me more slippage (not that I was lacking) and then rinised again. My hair felt like silk after stepping out of the shower, it was nicely detangled so easy to comb out, and it was so soft.

I then put a bit of my silk infusion on followed by Giovanni leave in, let the hair air dry for about 10 minutes, and then finished off with a roundbrush and a the hair dryer set to cool. Can I just say how much I love love love blowouts:look:. My hair felt so smooth afterwards, the cuticle was laying down so my hand literally just glided through what was previously a pretty rough jungle of hair. I almost didn't want to flat iron after that, but although I loved the big bouncy hair, I wanted to take the volume down just a notch. I'm not sure I like the fact that my maxi only has number settings and not actual temperatures, but it still worked like a charm. I set it on 4 and got to work taking really small pieces of hair at a time, and only using the steam on the areas that I didn't get to straighten well with the roundbrush. In the end I think I took out too much volume, but my hair still looked and felt great.

I wrapped it overnight, but b/c I still suck at wrapping, it didn't have those nicely bumped ends, instead it was stick straight this morning:ohwell:. So When I get home tonight I'm either going to do a dry rollerset or use my caruso's to give it a bit more volume/curl for tomorrow when I leave to see my man:grin::grin:.

Overall, I definitely think this is going to be a keeper for those times when I need to do something to the hair, but don't want to rely on a stylist. Just one more step towards being stylist free for good:yep:. I will post pics in my fotki later on today/tomorrow.

Your hair looks wonderful.

You know what I do with the Maxiglide to keep some body in it? I don't straighten every section. I skip some sections and it works like a charm. I still get the straightness and the body, especially the next day after I wrap it overnight.

The key to wrapping the hair starts with the beginning of the wrap. Always start at the crown of the head and work in sections until you get to the end, closer to the ears, smoothing all while you wrap. It works everytime. It does take practice though, so keep doing it until you get it!!!

HTH

Thanks for that advice. That's a great idea especially since the roots were already straight from the blowout. As for wrapping, I'm gonna keep at it; somedays it comes out perfect, other days not even close to decent

Thanks for that advice. That's a great idea especially since the roots were already straight from the blowout. As for wrapping, I'm gonna keep at it; somedays it comes out perfect, other days not even close to decent

You are welcome:grin:

Back