My cheap Butt finally the paid $5.00 and now I'm Here...Yes!

JuicesN'Berries

Hello Everyone, I too have been a lurker for the past year. I'm glad that I finally can post, search, reply, ask questions, give advice.....and plain old act a fool with you ladies!!! Anyway A little run down on me: I have been natural for two years and I love it (sometimes). My only problem is that I flat ironed my hair too much and now the front of my hair is bone straight......Do you guys/girls have any good advice for me to get it back curly. Please let me know. Also feel free to look at my fotki to see before and afters! Thanks again.

my fotki is: http://public.fotki.com/Niya/

First and foremost your hair is beautiful. Secondly I have tried them all.....Front stays straight, Back is curly!! I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
JuicesN'Berries said:
First and foremost your hair is beautiful. Secondly I have tried them all.....Front stays straight, Back is curly!! I don't know what to do.

Thanks

We have alot of naturals on the board so someone will know something that can help.

Welcome! Once years ago I washed my hair and it seemed as if I had heat damage, but the next time I washed it my curls came back. Heat damage is irreversible.

Hey Juices and Berries (lol) I'm natural and had that happen to me before too. Like the prev post, heat damage is irreversible. What I ended up doing was slowly trimming the damged straight hair as my hair grew. I would also do twist out to give it some texture-so it wouldn't be that noticeable.

Hi, and welcome!:)

I really damaged my hair with flat irons before I came to this board too, I have several sections that were permanently straight, as well as breaking and just unhealthy. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but the what really worked for me was to cut off all of the damaged hair (over 6 inches in some spots:( ) and start over with loads of moisturizing and NO heat.

Hang in there! Nexxus Humectress was a hair saver for me, as well as avocado butter.

Hello & welcome! I have been a member for 3 weeks. I was natural for 4 years. I relaxed my hair on Thanksgiving using Silk Elements so far so good it was a underprocessed though. When I was natural I flat ironed weekly using the Frizz Ease line and Satin Creme press. My tips were staying straight. I deep conditioned used Lakair cholestorol mixed with a reconstructor (especially on my ends) covered with a plastic cap and left it on overnight and my hair reverted. Looking back I probably should have used a clarifying shampoo first and then did the overnight deep conditioning.

Hey, welcome to the board. I did the same thing with my hair. After being natural for over 1 year, I decided to treat myself to a flat iron. Well, let me tell you, I had a patch of hair in the front that refused to curl afterwards. No matter what I did (and months later) it still refused to curl up again. It's heat damage and there's nothing you can do but trim it off.

11.gif

Thanks again for welcoming me ladies, I just would like to say that this board has already helped me tremendously. I BC'd before I even knew what BCing was and I was looking for information on the internet about hair so this time around I could do right by it (my hair)......Well I found LCHF and I have been on here for the past two years, but just not as an official member. I think that women who are on here should pay the dues even if there not gonna post anything. The information that can be obtained on here is almost priceless. And it definetly is worth more than going to the BSS spending $5.00 on some miracle product. Shoot! I went from 9-10 inches of raggedy split,dyed, dry, overprocessed hair to 11-12 inches of non color treated, non-permed beautiful, thick natural hair all in 2 years.........And yes I'm bragging but you all are the reason why I am able too. Thanks

Hello, and welcome to the board. I'm sort of a newbie as well. I had my hair flat ironed this past June and the softer parts of my hair would not revert. Some gradually reverted and some parts refused to. I eventually trimmed those pieces out because I like to wear a wash n' go sometimes.

JuicesN'Berries said:
Hello Everyone, I too have been a lurker for the past year. I'm glad that I finally can post, search, reply, ask questions, give advice.....and plain old act a fool with you ladies!!! Anyway A little run down on me: I have been natural for two years and I love it (sometimes). My only problem is that I flat ironed my hair too much and now the front of my hair is bone straight......Do you guys/girls have any good advice for me to get it back curly. Please let me know. Also feel free to look at my fotki to see before and afters! Thanks again.

my fotki is: http://public.fotki.com/Niya/

Welcome, JB:p

ELLO! welcome to the board!

its would be a good idea to deep condition (maybe over night) before cuttin off the damage because the DC may just be your savin grace to revert it back ;-) either way dont give up were all here to help ya!

hth xx

Hi & Welcome :wave:
I've got a cheap butt too :lol:, but now I see it's the best $5.00 I've ever spent on myself.

Back