my braids look ragedy!!

asummertyme

i am laughing though, b4 joining this board i never washed my previous braids or conditioned them either so they stayed neat much longer but itchy, now following the crown and glory method , i am 100x smarter, i have been washing 1x a week, and daily surging and moisturising and i have quite a bit of new growth and the braids look anything but new, i have only had them in for 3 weeks now, but i dont think they will last the whole 2 mos. ,I am looking at 7 weeks tops, and that is with alotta touching up, the braids themselves are unraveling, but id rather have it this way then dried out and itchy....
whyme.gif

i dont wanna see those days again....how are you other ladies dealing with your frizzies?

Okay so the exact opposite is happening to me and I am scared. I first got my hair braided in late October and I got the front redone (by another person)the Monday before Thanksgiving. So I am entering my fifth week and the front looks like how it normally looks like at 2.5 weeks. I am worried that perhaps my edges are breaking off without me realizing it and therefore my braids are looking fresh or on the upside maybe the new braiders skills are so good that my braids look fresher longer. I have washed my hair 2x weekly and not one braid has unraveled or became bumpy. (I have human wet and wavy hair). Today I REALLY scrubbed and still my braids are almost perfect.
Normally I ignore the frizzes or just breakdown and get my hair redone when it starts to look bad.

do u have any new growth in the back and middle? did they braid your hair really tight? dang you have human hair and they are like new......i got synthetic because i figured human would unravel quicker than synthetic...hmmm that is interesting...

I think my braids looks raged too. But I guess they don't look that bad. Some lady said it looks like I just got them done. I had them since a day after thanksgiving. I am also trying to follow the crown and glory method.

Hey all,

Did you try plaiting your braids before you washed? Sometimes I plait my braids in 6 to seven braids before washing but lately I've gotten lazy and just do two Betty-Sue cornrows down the back. After I wash I remove the plaits and pull the braids back in a pony tail or a bun and then follow up with a silk scarf. My braids are in pretty good shape so far.

OMGosh. This is sooo me right now. I had mine done a week and a half ago and already I have frizzies galore around the hairline. Also, my hair is peeking out from the synthetic as if to say, "let us go" and I have that new growth bump at the start of each braid.

I wanted to leave them in for eight weeks but at this rate, it may not even last three. I agree in that having braids after joining this board is a whole new ballgame.

Chichi
bdance.gif

This is what I just read in my braid magazine that is a couple months old.

FIGHTING THE FRIZZIES

*Mix setting gel and water in the palm of your hand, then smooth the moisture over braids. Tie your braids with a silk scarf and wear it while sleeping. The method applies to "cornbraids".

*Lightly spray water on each individual braid. Tie your hair with a silky scarf and wear it while sleeping. This method applies to "individual" and "box" braided styles.

*Do not cut the fuzz off with scissors. This will not stop the frizzies, but it will give your natural hair very bad split ends.

* If you notice extensive hair growth or frizz, refer to these careful and specific instructions to establish excellent grooming habits, or see your professional braider for a low maintenance touch-up service.

Thanks RoseofLily. I will try this...now. I probably will still have to take these guys down in two weeks (it's also because I am transitioning and dying to see my new growth
wink.gif
).

Chichi
bdance.gif

Aummertyme,
The middle is a weave and it has new growth but it is not noticible. I have 1/2 inch of new growth (if stretched) but each braid itself is totally neat. I washed without a stocking cap etc and I really scrubbed . I have washed maybe 4 times in the last month and I can't beleive the braid pattern is not messed up. I didin't realize that it would be possible to have such good technique that washing it wouldn't disturb it. But I am still worried normally I remove the edges every 3 weeks.

I posted about this a few days ago or I was on someone else's post talking about it. I had braids for about 8 weeks, I used Surge and another braid spray. I had the frizzies something terrible very early. Normally I would take my braids out at month 3, but I had to take them right out at 8 weeks, because my hair had grown so much. To conquer the freezies I would apply gel and my silk scarf, compliments of my best friend.

rofl.gif
at the title of this thread;I was thinking the same thing this morning about my hair! My braids are rrreeaallyy struggling and it's only been 4 weeks post braiding. Since I've been rinsing every other day and "hot housing" my hair, the fuzz and new growth have my hair with that, "Not too fresh look." LOL

well i have to admit, i dont coveer my head like i should, i guess sincce i have the braids i have been slacking in that dept. i guess i could consider this as one of the reasons for the frizzy look..i will be leaving my braids in until the second week in january or rather jan 8th, this way i would have not relaxed my hiar for eight weeks instead of my normal 6..so not much of a stretch but im tired of these braids already....

Back