My Braid is 3 inches from BSL and....

need2accumulate

I just did a half inch trim on saturday, I have about 3 months of NG almost (1.5 to 2 inches in most places), My NG was tightly coiled cause I was saturating it with products for a pre-poo, and it was a braid!

I don't want to get too happy though cause I just wanted to make BSL by end of the year. My 1 yr anniversary is in July and I started with barely SL Hair.

I am trying to stretch till Sept but I may have to cave and do an anniversary update to see where I am and complete my fotki for all to see. I was shocked because my hair seems like it isn't growing but I guess I have hair anorexia too.

Pic in my avatar was from April and it seems like I have miles to go to get to BSL, you cant even see my BS in that siggy

Last edited:
That new growth can really hide just how much progress you have made, even if you do try to stretch it out. I am retaining about 1" every time I relax and each time I'm like :eek: , because my new growth shrinks right up to my scalp, so as time goes along it actually looks like my hair is getting shorter because the relaxed hair mingles in with the new growth.

I can totally identify with this. I initially didn't think that relaxed hair gets shrinkage because I always heard the naturals refer to it. My hair looks shorter and shorter as my stretch progresses.

Back