My boyfriend is a product junkie

Nixx22jam

This man cracks me up. Ever since he used my motions moisture plus and got waves he has been OBSESSED. So much so I had to ban him from using my MMP. Ever since then he has been obsessed with mixing up stuff to put on his head. I try to offer advice but he doesn't care what order he applies products in or how he does it as long as he slaps some product in his head. The joke is he would die first before he admits it. I encouraged him to start co washing which he did but he is still obsessed with slapping products on his scalp. He rubs cholesterol on his head as he is running through the door to go to work. I explained that you have to wash it out and he still does it. He has finished my mango butter and my Cantu leave and gone through a whole bottle of hehh. Im gonna start hiding stuff. I hid the cholesterol the other day and he was looking for my daily mix to spray in my head which I have in an old febreze bottle. While he was snatchin up stuff to spray in his head he sprayed febreze in his head by mistake and wouldn't even admit it after I sat there and watched him. Talkin bout he's fresh to death. He aint even got no hair, he has number 1 cut or sometimes a low mohawk. He needs rehab ya'll. Im tryna recover and he's just dragging me back.

OK. Well as long as you purchase or have him purchase enough products for the both of you, then go on girl.

I couldn't do it though.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for sharing, OP ... this made my morning :lol:. I can't imagine having to fight my man for hair products.

Talkin' bout he's "fresh to death". :lachen:

I have to hide my "good stuff" from my BF and my son. I bought them a big bottle of Suave for Men shampoo/conditioner and told them it was specially formulated to work on men's hair. I haven't had a problem since.

This man cracks me up. Ever since he used my motions moisture plus and got waves he has been OBSESSED. So much so I had to ban him from using my MMP. Ever since then he has been obsessed with mixing up stuff to put on his head. I try to offer advice but he doesn't care what order he applies products in or how he does it as long as he slaps some product in his head. The joke is he would die first before he admits it. I encouraged him to start co washing which he did but he is still obsessed with slapping products on his scalp. He rubs cholesterol on his head as he is running through the door to go to work. I explained that you have to wash it out and he still does it. He has finished my mango butter and my Cantu leave and gone through a whole bottle of hehh. Im gonna start hiding stuff. I hid the cholesterol the other day and he was looking for my daily mix to spray in my head which I have in an old febreze bottle. While he was snatchin up stuff to spray in his head he sprayed febreze in his head by mistake and wouldn't even admit it after I sat there and watched him. Talkin bout he's fresh to death. He aint even got no hair, he has number 1 cut or sometimes a low mohawk. He needs rehab ya'll. Im tryna recover and he's just dragging me back.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

my bf isnt a pj but he needs to be instead of using up all my stuff! lol he lucky he into cowashes and oils now so we can share a little bit

I have to hide my "good stuff" from my BF and my son. I bought them a big bottle of Suave for Men shampoo/conditioner and told them it was specially formulated to work on men's hair. I haven't had a problem since.
Suave for men you say. Hmm I might have to do that. He's tryna act like he hasnt used anything. Talkin about he hasnt finished it when i can smell the mango butter on his head at night. He left just a drop in there that way i wont know its done till I go in there to use it. I haven't used my mango butter or shea butter in 6 months. I told him he has to take me hair shopping.

Lol cute. Febreeze tho?! Lmao

My DH has a thing for my hair oils. I made him his own and now he too can smell like Lemon oil. LMAO all he is applying it to is his bald head. Smh

Hee hee...the 'good stuff'.:lachen:

I got my boyfriend hooked as well. But I think its really cute though lol we go hair product shopping together.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Smh. Lol, men.
I used to try to deep condish my exes hair (it was baby soft and he never had to do anything to attain that.. Until he bleached it). I jokingly told him I'd hold him down and slap some dc on his head, but he wouldn't be getting "the good stuff" (nexxus)
He got all huffy. It was pretty cute.

Whenever I say it now he's like, "well am I gonna get the expensive stuff or are you going to give me the crappy one?" (Aussie 3 min.. What I use on MY hair most of the time, lolol)

OP, your story had me cracking up! That is too funny!

On the bright side, you can be a PJ and say you bought stuff for him...:). Yep, that's your story; stick to it.

LOL some men are too much! My husband won't buy anything, he'll just use all my stash. One time he decided to grow out his hair smh. He slicked his hair back everyday and used my precious 4 AND 8oz Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I mean he would take out ridiculous amounts of it. I was so mad lol. I asked him why he keeps using it, he's all like it slicks it back without being hard and makes it shiny. Now there's a huge grease spot on the wall where our bed is. Smh

He needs rehab ya'll. Im tryna recover and he's just dragging me back.

*Cia puts on Dr. Phil hat* See, what you got here is a co-dependent relationship. You get better, and he just draaaags you back down. *Cia takes off Dr. Phil hat and puts on PJ hat* But the good thing about this kind of co-dependent relationship is that when you're falling back down into the abyss you came out of, your hair will look GORGEOUS when it's blowing in the wind. :yep:

My little brother recently asked me about getting some stuff for his hair but I never thought about the repercussions of doing so. Hmm??? Might have to re-think that.

Suave for men you say. Hmm I might have to do that. He's tryna act like he hasnt used anything. Talkin about he hasnt finished it when i can smell the mango butter on his head at night. He left just a drop in there that way i wont know its done till I go in there to use it. I haven't used my mango butter or shea butter in 6 months. I told him he has to take me hair shopping.

:nono: More co-dependency. :lachen:

@ the pink. HILARIOUS!!!! Like really... How you gonna lie about something so obvious. That's like lyin' about sneakin' a powdered doughnut with white stuff all around your mouth. "You had doughnuts? I didn't even know." :blush: :lachen:

LOL some men are too much! My husband won't buy anything, he'll just use all my stash. One time he decided to grow out his hair smh. He slicked his hair back everyday and used my precious 4 AND 8oz Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade. I mean he would take out ridiculous amounts of it. I was so mad lol. I asked him why he keeps using it, he's all like it slicks it back without being hard and makes it shiny. Now there's a huge grease spot on the wall where our bed is. Smh

i would be pissed! i don't play when it comes to my hair products! he would be ordering my two extra and two extra for himself! :lacheh:

Back