My (bootleg) updo...pics

Southernbella.

So, I had something to go to with my dh and I wanted to do an updo, but I had no idea what to do. I threw something together and it turned out ok in the front, but the back looked like some hot dog buns.:lachen:You know what though? I rocked it like I was doing something.:lachen:

First, I cowashed. Then, I put my hair in a ponytail to stretch it out overnight.

Then, I separated my hair into two sections, one on top and one on bottom.

14-1.jpg

13-1.jpg
:lachen:

Then, I curled the top section with my old Gold n Hot

12-1.jpg

Then, I started bobby-pinning the top part back. I then curled the bottom section and bobby-pinned it up and to the side until it all stayed in place.

Side:

11-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

Back:perplexed:

10-1.jpg
:lachen:

Here's me and dh that night...he was exhausted, poor baby:lachen:

7-1.jpg

So there you have it. My updos need work, but I was happy with what I did because I really didn't want to straighten it. As my hair gets longer, I'll be able to do some actual bun styles, which will look a lot better.:yep:

Lauren I did an updo this summer that I thought was cute and my dd was like why is your hairdo lopsided:lol:. It was lopsided but I still thought is was cute. You and dh look really nice:yep: and you look pretty as usual:).

9-1.jpg

I love it! You have very pretty hair :yep:.

Sorry, I just had to LOL at the look on dh's face...

Good job with the up do!

Your updo came out really cute! Your natural hair looks beautiful. It's funny how tired your husband looks. My dh always looks that tired also. :lachen:

you make me want to go back natural....you and your DH are an very attractive couple.....

Again...i love the hair :)

Lauren I did an updo this summer that I thought was cute and my dd was like why is your hairdo lopsided:lol:. It was lopsided but I still thought is was cute. You and dh look really nice:yep: and you look pretty as usual:).

:lachen:@ lopsided! I so feel you. I like the little side piece, but I can see how it would look lopsided to others.Especially kids who are brutally honest. :lachen:Thank you for the compliment.:grin:

had to laugh at the back...

but this look is gorgeous!!!!! I love how you really play around with your hair...I need to learn how to style mine

you look great in that pic...lolz at hubby

your updo is so prettyiful. most of my updo's look kinda crazy but because I pretend I meant for them to look that way people love them.

That is too cute!!!! Girl, the backs of my updos usually look a lil different too - I figure practice will make perfect.... :lol:

I also wanted to say you should keep practicing. Don't wait for your hair to get longer. You can do gorgeous styles now. You weren't too far off the mark on the style you did yesterday. It's funny how beautiful people make things look beautiful :yep:

Okay, so now I KNOW what I have to do to see your pics. I can't see them when using Mozilla. I can see them when using I.Explorer. You were very creative working that up do!

*You know I peeped the natural makeup and nail polish! Love them both.*

Back