My BKT (with pics)

Tafa01

I posted previously in the BKT support thread, but here it is again, with pics this time.

Here is the material used:
BKT2.jpg

I am texlaxed, 3 weeks post relaxer. My hair had been flat ironed 2/3 days before applying the BKT.

BforeBKT1.jpg

I used sofliss. The clarifying shampoo was pleasantly tingly on my scalp and smell like mint. I washed and rinced 3 times. My hair felt stripped and super tangled after and I was affraid to comb it lol.
I let it air dry a little, then blow dried to 90%.

bkt1.jpg

I then combed gently and there was a few hairs on the comb. But I ALWAYS have hairs on the com when I detangle anyway. So it was not surprising.
Then I separated my hair in 4 parts and applied about 2oz. It felt like I was applying conditioner. Then I combed each section and made sure I had product everywhere.

BKT3.jpg

The hair was easy to comb at that point.
Then I waited 20mn, and blow dried with the comb attachment. My hair felt coated and was dull at that point, but it had some movement.

BKT4.jpg

After that I flat Ironed with my sedu at 410, with 8 passes (yes lol). I tried a few strands with less passes but they did not feel silky at all with less passes. So 8 it was.
After I was done my hair was super soft, silky but dull. Lots of "swang", and really nice.

BKT5.jpg

I waited an hour, applied the mask for 5 mn and rinced with cold water. It felt a little hard so I applied my favorite Joico Kpack intense moisture for 5mn and rinsed.
Then it was magical!!!!
It took almost nothing to detangle. I did not see any hair in the comb at all. I applied my leave in, heat protection and blow dried with the comb attachment.
It took less than 5 mn to dry super straight. I didn't even need to use the flat iron!!
My hair is soft, shiny and straight (WITHOUT FLAT IRONING!!).

bkt7.jpg

I love it love it!! I can't stop touching my hair, and my husband says that I should throw my wig away because my hair look so much nicer :drunk::yep:

Next time I will use heat protective gloves because the hair gets really really hot!
I have not been bothered by the fumes at all, except when I started to apply the product. I forgot to turn the fan on an my eyes started burning a little. It stopped as soon as I had the fan.
Also I will probably leave the mask longer next time. I just wanted to follow the directions to the T this time.

Thanks ladies! Its been a week now and I am still in love :-)

I colored my hair with herbatint in May.
With Softliss you rinse the same day. No need to wait 4 days.

Ohhhh I love the shine! I wish I would have taken pics of my first time but it took almost 7 hours and all I wanted to do was go to sleep!

Back