My BKT Fotki Album is Open

PinkSkates

I will be deleting my BKT self-application fotki album tomorrow.
Any naturals interested in doing the Brazilian keratin treatment, you are welcome to view my album before I delete it.
The link to my Fotki is in my siggy.

Nice! Not into BKT but I just love to see your hair:love2: I heard you stopped doing the BKT's is that true? How many times did you do it?

Also, it seemed like you were growing out color in your BKT picture, did you ever color your hair? How'd your hair respond to it?

You're welcome ladies!

Nice! Not into BKT but I just love to see your hair:love2: I heard you stopped doing the BKT's is that true? How many times did you do it?
I did the BKT once on my hair in May 2009. I decided not to do anymore applications because I had a small sore spot on my scalp about a week after doing the BKT.

Also, it seemed like you were growing out color in your BKT picture, did you ever color your hair? How'd your hair respond to it?

My hair responded very well to the BKT! That color you see on my hair was from a cellophane treament I did on my hair in late 2008.

BMP you have very pretty hair.

Thanks PinkSkates - I always appreciate learning about ur experiences. My scalp is finally feeling good and is much healthier than it has been in years. I am hesitant to use BKT for fear of making a mistake and irritating my scalp.

You're welcome ladies!

I did the BKT once on my hair in May 2009. I decided not to do anymore applications because I had a small sore spot on my scalp about a week after doing the BKT.
Ahh okay cool:yep:

My hair responded very well to the BKT! That color you see on my hair was from a cellophane treament I did on my hair in late 2008.
Wow really? Its looks awesome, I've never really heard of cellophane treatments hows that work? How did it vibe with your natural hair?

BMP you have very pretty hair.
Wow, I'm honored, esp coming from one of the most fab naturals eva!:cool2:

PINK!!! :kiss: You are wonderful!!!! I am sorry about the sore... :nono: I am so clumsy - I would probably have sores everywhere!!!!!

Good luck and thanks girl.... for all you have done!

Thanks PinkSkates - I always appreciate learning about ur experiences. My scalp is finally feeling good and is much healthier than it has been in years. I am hesitant to use BKT for fear of making a mistake and irritating my scalp.

You're welcome. I still think the BKT is fine to use. I became very tired by the time I got to the front of my hair and I got a bit sloppy with the BKT and a little got on my scalp and that spot became irritated. I'm paranoid about my scalp; because if my scalp is not healthy then my hair will look like crap and start to break off.

Ahh okay cool:yep:

Wow really? Its looks awesome, I've never really heard of cellophane treatments hows that work? How did it vibe with your natural hair?
Cellophanes are a protein based treatment that adds temporary vegetable dye to the hair. They also come in clear, if you just want to add a high gloss to your hair. My cellophane is completely gone now and my hair is back to its natural black color. My hair does very well with a cellophane coating.

Wow, I'm honored, esp coming from one of the most fab naturals eva!:cool2:
girl ...you got me blushing!:bighug:

Lovely hair as usual! I have to look into the Wella cellophane.
Sebastian also makes cellophane's.

Did the BKT eventually wash out and did your hair revert and is there damage? Is it in good condition after the BKT or do you have to treat it differently?

I always wondered how it went for you. It looked great but your hair always did! Sorry to hear about the sore. Thanks for sharing!

Questions Regarding Cellophane Hair Coloring:

Can you please let me know which brand cellophane you used to do your color? is there a site/major store you can direct me to where I can buy it?

How long did it last? (I'm in awe that you got such vibrant color deposit that was lighter then your dark natural color without bleach)

Does it only show up in bright light or does the color really pop overall?

Is there a specific technique you need to make the color deposit as well as it did for you or do you just slap it on like a rinse?....it came out amazing!

Did you switch to shampoo for color treated hair/ change up your reggie because of it?

Why did you stop? Was it drying at all?

I saw some $5 ElastaQP cellophane hair color do you think thats any good? Can this replace my mothers rinses?

Okay I'm done now....sorry for the questionnaire but this is really exciting:grin:

Last edited:
I will be deleting my BKT self-application fotki album tomorrow.
Any naturals interested in doing the Brazilian keratin treatment, you are welcome to view my album before I delete it.
The link to my Fotki is in my siggy.

Great photo record of your BK process. Hair is looking glorious as always.:yep:

Pinkskates,

Did you stop doing BKT in order to let the sore spot heal or did you stop completely using BKT?

When you had BKT on your hair would let your hair revert completely and then do an application?

How many times would you do BKT applications? was it every month? Did you take breaks in between applications? If so what did you do during the break time and how long was the break time?

Back