My Big Girl Rollerset- Pics Inside--->

kblc06

My Big Girl Rollerset On Natural Hair! Pics Inside--->

I'm soo happy :grin:. I've finally graduated to the large pink size rollers AND my longest layers of hair are touching the top of bra-strap :drunk:. I used my favorite new products: Chi Keratin Mist & silk infusion with cantu shea butter leave-in & biolage leave-in.The thing is I've never done a rollerset with rollers this large before and the curls are too loose to just leave it as is. Do you normally pincurl it or wrap it afterwards?

*Note: this was done on natural hair (set under hair dryer on low for about 45 mins :drunk:)

OT: When I went to Ulta yesterday the the 12oz Chi Keratin mist & 6 oz Chi silk infusion set was only $22.00 for BOTH :spinning:

http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-jan-2/the-big-girl-roller/

Last edited:
Wow..!!! It came out great! And did I hear you say sumthin about $22.00 for BOTH CHI products?? I might just have to venture off into this ice storm... :lachen::lachen:

This is GORGEOUS!
Did you do this on wet hair?I rollerset my natural hair too,but I get to lazy and some parts are bone straight while others are crimpy.

Wow..!!! It came out great! And did I hear you say sumthin about $22.00 for BOTH CHI products?? I might just have to venture off into this ice storm... :lachen::lachen:

GIRL YES!!-now I'm not trying to feed your pjism but when I saw that I just had to jump on it. It was freezing cold in Rochester, NY but you better believe I hopped my behind on a bus, crossed a busy a$$ intersection @ night in 25 degree weather to get this :lachen:-I know, it's an addiction. Your basically getting at least one product free. The silk infusion by itself usually runs $20-24 a pop. And now that I think about it, the cashier only rung it up for 16.50 and I didn't realize until after I had gotten back on the bus to return to campus :grin:

ETA: Yes Elledoll, this was done while my hair was wet.

Last edited:
Re: My Big Girl Rollerset On Natural Hair! Pics Inside--->

I'm soo happy :grin:. I've finally graduated to the large pink size rollers AND my longest layers of hair are touching the top of bra-strap :drunk:. I used my favorite new products: Chi Keratin Mist & silk infusion with cantu shea butter leave-in & biolage leave-in.The thing is I've never done a rollerset with rollers this large before and the curls are too loose to just leave it as is. Do you normally pincurl it or wrap it afterwards?

*Note: this was done on natural hair (set under hair dryer on low for about 45 mins :drunk:)

OT: When I went to Ulta yesterday the the 12oz Chi Keratin mist & 6 oz Chi silk infusion set was only $22.00 for BOTH :spinning:

http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-jan-2/the-big-girl-roller/

Your curls are beautiful...you did a great job!!!

Excellent pics! :clapping:

I need CHI Silk Infusion for my relaxer. I'll take a trip to Ulta after my workout. I hope the sale will still be on this Tuesday!

Your hair looks beautiful
Can I assume that you dont have 4bcdefg hair? I would love to roller set- but when I had it done at the Dominican salon it didn't seem to hang like yours until the burnt it straight and dry with their blower. I would love some tips on roller setting my mane.

Your hair looks beautiful
Can I assume that you dont have 4bcdefg hair? I would love to roller set- but when I had it done at the Dominican salon it didn't seem to hang like yours until the burnt it straight and dry with their blower. I would love some tips on roller setting my mane.

I call it nappy, but I honestly have no clue anymore because sometimes it looks like type 2/3 hair but behaves like type 4 especially around my hair line and vice versa (but as it gets longer it seems to get looser :ohwell: especially with coconut milk).

But it can look this when its a little longer than shoulder length
http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-jan-2/comparison-shots/013.html
any longer and it flops :perplexed. But I love it cuz its versatile :grin:

But I do know for fact that airdrying your hair by stretching (banding or bantu knots) and THEN rollersetting using magnetic rollers works very well for all hair types, especially type 4s :yep:. Just make sure you use leave-ins according to the amount of hold you want

Bravenewgirl: Thank you-your compliment means a lot to me :blush:

Last edited:
I call it nappy, but I honestly have no clue anymore because sometimes it looks like type 2/3 hair but behaves like type 4 especially around my hair line and vice versa (but as it gets longer it seems to get looser :ohwell: especially with coconut milk).

But I do know for fact that airdrying your hair by stretching (banding or bantu knots) and THEN rollersetting using magnetic rollers works very well for all hair types, especially type 4s :yep:. Just make sure you use leave-ins according to the amount of hold you want

Thanks love .. Im gonna try it- what do you use the coconut milk for?:rolleyes:

I have a quick question.

Do your roots still come out straight for the most part since you're using the magnetic rollers with the snap on piece? I'm asking because I'm not doing too well with my regular magnetic rollers (with the clips) and if I can get the same result easier I am willing to invest in these, especially since they're so cheap.

TIA!

Oh yeah. And I'm going to Ulta tomorrow. Maybe they still have that CHI set on sale. :grin:

Thanks love .. Im gonna try it- what do you use the coconut milk for?:rolleyes:

I use J/A/S/O/N/S natural biotin conditioner, coconut milk, honey, & olive oil as a deep conditioning treatment-sometimes I add some hair mayo in there as well. The other pics (the one's in the ponytails) in the same album are a result of this. My hair feels so much stronger and softer afterwards.

Tyefrmy: When I rollerset going upwards, I still use a bobby pin to secure the rollers in the very back, but I also put the clip/snap thingy on because it smooths the hair out much better than just using the pins. I usually put the clip on first and then secure with a bobby pin so the rollers won't flop backwards and forwards. It's not so much a problem with the smaller rollers.

Last edited:
Tyefrmy: When I rollerset going upwards, I still use a bobby pin to secure the rollers in the very back, but I also put the clip/snap thingy on because it smooths the hair out much better than just using the pins. I usually put the clip on first and then secure with a bobby pin so the rollers won't flop backwards and forwards. It's not so much a problem with the smaller rollers.

Then that settles it! I am getting some today.

Thanks so much!

Back