My Best Bantu Knot Out Pics!!!

Kellum

OMG, I did the best bantu knot of ever. I just had to share. My hair is so soft, full and bouncy. I'm trying so hard to keep my hands out of my hair. :grin:

ETA: Details on how I did the set is on the Page 2. Post #15.

Attachments

• bantu1.jpg
    bantu1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 460
  • bantu2.jpg
    bantu2.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 299
  • bantu3.jpg
    bantu3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 324
  • bantu4.jpg
    bantu4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Wow, that's the best bantu knot set I've ever seen! It's beautiful!

Tell us what you did! How many knots? What products did you use? Dish! :grin:

Wow, that's the best bantu knot set I've ever seen! It's beautiful!

Tell us what you did! How many knots? What products did you use? Dish! :grin:

What she said:lachen:- You know you can't come through the spot like that with bangin' hair and not include the details. That looks better than anything that I have ever seen come out of a salon.

OMG! Your curls are just POPPIN'! Looks so neat and full.......
Waiting with my pen and paper for tips. :)

Thanks for the compliments ladies. I'm loving my hair. I'm going to co-wash tonight and put it back in a bun for the rest of the week. I'm having "Hand in Hair Syndrome" and I can't stop going to the bathroom and looking at it. I have to put it away before I go crazy playing in my hair. :yay:

Here's what I did. I've been incorporating more protein in my hair. Ever since then my hair has made a complete turn around. My hair loves the stuff. This is my 3rd time doing a bantu knot set. The first 2 times were good too but not like this. This one was the bomb.

1. Co-washed with MT for 5 min in shower. The co-washed with Salon Care Honey Almond Conditioner 2 more times. Rinsed and detangled in the shower.
2. Applied leave ins: Giovanni Direct and Yes to Cucumbers (this stuff is great). :yep:

3. Sealed with FruitrientsX EVCO and Castor Oil. I rubbed EVCO through out my hair and on the ends and then Castor oil, but not as much Castor oil since it can be heavy.

3. Blow dried with cool air (no heat). Hair dried soft, smooth, and with lots of body. I love drying my hair with the blow dryer on cool. My hair is always soft. I usually pull back in a bun but I wanted something different this time.

4. I did about 20 bantu knots. I've found if I do more bantu knots it comes out really curly. I like it like that because I don't want it rubbing on my shoulders. I applied a little more Yes to Cucumbers leave in on each section and made sure to focus on smoothing the ends. I secured each knot with little pony tail holders. I started making my sections kind of big in the back. I was getting tired and was ready for bed. Put on my satin cap and went to bed.

5. Woke up and started unraveling my knots starting from the back. I smooth a little more EVCO on each section. I gently pulled apart each section. I moved slowly from the back of my head to the front. Lastly I massaged my scalp so you couldn't see any parts and that was it.

Oh and I put 2 decorative combs at the front. That was it. :grin:

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. How many twists/braids did you do? I've never tried a bantu set but, this makes me want to give it a try.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. How many twists/braids did you do? I've never tried a bantu set but, this makes me want to give it a try.

Thanks, I did about 20 bantu knots. I didn't do any twist or braids; just bantu knots.

Looks great!!! I think I'll try your method, but with less knots because I like a looser curl for myself... how many do you suggest?

Looks great!!! I think I'll try your method, but with less knots because I like a looser curl for myself... how many do you suggest?

Thanks for all the compliments.

I know that the bigger the sections the looser the curl. I would try at least 8 to 10 knots and see how that goes.

Back