My Best Bantu Knot Out Pics!!!

Wow, that really looks great! How crucial do you think the blow-drying was to achieving the look?

You can achieve the same look if you don't blow dry first. I usually do them on wet hair but it takes so long to dry and I have to sit under the hooded dryer. It is still full and bouncy but the curl is a lot tighter. This time the curl came out a little looser but had a lot more bounce. HTH

How pretty is that??? The perfect bantu knot set!! What did you do to get each wave along the length of the hair the same size? Mine always comes out with bigger waves at the root. I need to learn how to twist the hair, and knot it to get great results like you!!:grin:

Your hair almost looks like a spiral. I have got to retry this one. I will use more knots the next time. You go girl. Thanks for the tips.:grin:

OMG, I did the best bantu knot of ever. I just had to share. My hair is so soft, full and bouncy. I'm trying so hard to keep my hands out of my hair. :grin:

ETA: Details on how I did the set is on the Page 2. Post #15.
Wow, this is the best bantu knot set I've ever seen. It is SOOOOO pretty.

That's definitely the prettiest bantu knot-out I've ever seen. Your style has such a beautiful shape too.

I am in awe!!! When I did my bantu knot out, I knotted it while it was wet and since I'm natural and all of 6 inches long I ended up having what looked like a super tight curly perm :grin:. I'll try this dry and see what happens.

Your hair is absolutely divine! Great job! :yep:

Never knew the results of Bantu Knots could look like that. Your hair looks great!

Thanks, it all depends on how many knots you do, how big you make the sections, and if you do them wet or dry hair. I am very careful to keep the shape when I unravel the knots. I make sure that I slowly pick apart the knot and not disturb the curl too much. HTH

How pretty is that??? The perfect bantu knot set!! What did you do to get each wave along the length of the hair the same size? Mine always comes out with bigger waves at the root. I need to learn how to twist the hair, and knot it to get great results like you!!:grin:

Start twisting the hair starting from the base, then when you are have about 2 inches twisted start wrapping the hair around itself. Continue to twist and wrap until you get to the very end.

That's it. I just make sure to keep the the base and rest of the knot pretty tuaght. If you do that you will have pretty curls. If you have the base kind of loose the curls will be more of a wave.

That's definitely the prettiest bantu knot-out I've ever seen. Your style has such a beautiful shape too.

Thanks it is easy to get a good shape to your style. I always start from the back when it comes to unraveling and picking aparr the curl. It lays better because you move from the back, bottom to the top of the head. HTH

I am in awe!!! When I did my bantu knot out, I knotted it while it was wet and since I'm natural and all of 6 inches long I ended up having what looked like a super tight curly perm :grin:. I'll try this dry and see what happens.

Your hair is absolutely divine! Great job! :yep:

Aw thanks. I've done my knot out on wet hair too and it came out much tighter. It was still cute, but I like this one better and my hair was dry when I took them down. You should try it on dry hair. You will like the results. Just use a little leave in on each section before you start twisting them to make knots. It helps to define the curl.

Thanks for all of the nice compliments ladies. :blowkiss:

Thanks, your hair is long enough now looking at your avi to try it. To make a looser curl do bigger sections on dry hair.

Lol, actually I'm 9 wks. post & my scalp is tender in some places from the NG, not to mention it's so tight at the root I don't want to manipulate it to much, aside from cowashing. I'm doing a touch up in about 3 wks. I may try it then:grin:

Perfect knot out! I love it!!!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but do you have a relaxer? My hair is still too short to do this, but I might try on DD when we get back to the US.

Thanks so much for posting your reggie too. I hope this works for DD's hair. She really enjoys knot outs...

cj

Absolutely beautiful, I cant wait for my hair to be longer so I can try this.

beautiful beautiful

Lol, actually I'm 9 wks. post & my scalp is tender in some places from the NG, not to mention it's so tight at the root I don't want to manipulate it to much, aside from cowashing. I'm doing a touch up in about 3 wks. I may try it then:grin:

Gotcha, I know how that goes.

Perfect knot out! I love it!!!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but do you have a relaxer? My hair is still too short to do this, but I might try on DD when we get back to the US.

Thanks so much for posting your reggie too. I hope this works for DD's hair. She really enjoys knot outs...

cj

Thanks, Yes I am relaxed not totally straight though. My hair is probably relaxed 85% straight (I guess I'm still texlaxed). I've done this on my hair when it was really under processed probably about 50% straight and it came out good too. This one was my best though. Try on DD, she will like it.

Absolutely beautiful, I cant wait for my hair to be longer so I can try this.

beautiful beautiful

Aw thanks :)

Last edited:
Very Nice. I am a lover of Bantu Knot sets. If only I could get them to dry faster.

That's usually my problem too when I do them on wet hair. I would have to sit under the dryer for at least 45 min, then go to bed. In the morning they would still be wet. Then I would unravel and go back under the dry or pull out my blow dryer. It was much easier to dry my hair before hand and put a little leave in on each section to kind of moisten it then do the knots. My hair was dry and no frizzys when taking them down.

Back