My Auburn & Brown Crochet Braids + The Priemiere of My Fotki!

^ I felt the SAME way I stared at the hair in the pack for like a week like:ohwell: is it too loud? But it was *just right* once I completed the style:love2:

I'm so glad I pushed myself outta my comfort zone to try this because I've been wanting to try color forever and this is a great damage free way to do it!:yep:

This is definitely gonna be my go-to style when I wanna let my hair rest and give myself a break from regular styling.....I'm in love:love3:

BlkOnyx asked this and I thought this would be helpful to you ladies :yep:

hi all I have been watching alot of videos about
and everyone says they wipe with witch hazel to clean, but absolutely no
like shower wash. is that because they are using synthetic hair. or is it because it will damage your real hair i you wet.
of is it because it will loosen he cornrows?

Thanks I can do crochets for another 14 days so I am just gathering as much info as possible until I can do them
You can wash them with no issues, focus all your attention on shampooing the cornrows and rinse as normal....try to be as gentle as possible, you can add a little conditioner to the water wave hair with no issues then use your favorite moisturizer on the cornrows underneath and use a glycerine free gel (I recommend ampro clear ice protien styling gel) on the synthetic hair then allow to air dry or blow dry on cool only.

Last edited:
Just seeing this thread....this is absolutely GORGEOUS! I shuddered when I read 'crochet braids', but these are not the ones that I remember.

Wow! When you said crochet braids I thought it was the same thing as yarn braids!

I LOVE it! I wanna try this but I have to learn to braid first! :look:

BMP what's that second style in you siggy? Is it two strand twists? How'd you get them so small and neat?

I love your hair, I can't wait till I'm all natural and can rock beautiful cornrows like yours.

/\ You're on your way hun! ;)

Wow! When you said crochet braids I thought it was the same thing as yarn braids!

I LOVE it! I wanna try this but I have to learn to braid first! :look:

BMP what's that second style in you siggy? Is it two strand twists? How'd you get them so small and neat?
They're pixie braids I did last summer on my own hair...I parted them small and braided neatly:yep:

Last edited:
/\ Thanks so much!:kiss:

I am sooo head over heels in love with the color its not even a game....btw I did a one month anniversary post on my blog so you can see how they held up on that:yep:

I'm hoping to reinstall my crochet braids again this weekend but it seems everyone wants the hookup and their hair did:spinning:

Your hair came out beautifully. I'm thinking about it...but I don't know because I love rinsing my hair so much and don't know if they will losen up and come out.

Thanks a million you guys! Yall are inspiring me to stop being so lazy and finally finish this second install I've been procrastinating with so much:lol:

I'm seriously considering these for a while... I know you did them yourself. I just have to do the research as to where to go in NYC.

Yours look so good!

Thanks so much hun!:grin:

Here's my one month anniversary with my crochet braids so you all can see how it aged beautifully.

And I'll be posting pix of my second install to my blog shortly.....I've seen spectacular retention with this style its been over two months that I've been protective styling....can't wait to take this down in another week or so and press my hair to see the progress I've made:love2:

I see you made this post some time back....how did the hair hold up???

Did you use any special juices n' berries to maintain the hair?
(I want to buy Halley's or Wayman's but cannot bring myself to spend that much money on hair...I'm looking for a more economical alternative)

How long does it take you to do this style? What hair did you use?/Where did you get it from?

So cute!
I usually set aside a day to do this look but I'm not big on speed I'm big on precision.

I used Freetress water wave hair but it can be done with a wide array of afforable synthetic hair....I got it from my local BSS.

I see you made this post some time back....how did the hair hold up???
It held up beautifully here is my one month anniversary post with pix of the hair 4-5 weeks old.

Did you use any special juices n' berries to maintain the hair?
(I want to buy Halley's or Wayman's but cannot bring myself to spend that much money on hair...I'm looking for a more economical alternative)
I simply used a dab of my rinse out conditioner and a generous scoop of ampro clear ice gel on the hair on my real hair i just used aussie moist and a little coconut oil.

^^^Thanks BlackMasterPiece!

You're are soooo good about taking pics and providing good recommendations. I love it!

I know how to do crochet braids but I havent done any in yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrsssssssssssssss. I like the new type of hair they have out now. I want to try this again.

Does anyone understand when they say they used the patteren 2, 4, 6, 8?
I dont get ity and I would like to know before I try this out tomorrow......TIA

hey BMP do you think this is a good ps style for thinning edges?

also how did the style hold up to washing and DC'ing?

Also would it be poss to use human hair instead?

ETA: Also easy is the take-down?

sorry for all the qu's BMP just doing my research !!! :lol:

Last edited:
hey BMP do you think this is a good ps style for thinning edges?
Sure, you can just make sure not to put stress on your edges by leaving them out or not crcheting any hair on them

also how did the style hold up to washing and DC'ing?
It held up awesome....it was refreshed with every wash and I would just add gel again to define the curls afterward.

Also would it be poss to use human hair instead?
Its possible but I think it would be a waste of money because the hair will inevitably tangle because you can't comb it. So I would use some affordable synthetic hair for this look.

ETA: Also easy is the take-down?

sorry for all the qu's BMP just doing my research !!! :lol:
No problem....to take down crochet braids all you have to do is unbraid your hair like you normally would cornrows...the hair is anchored to the cornrows so it just slips right out as you go along.

^^^ Thank you so much honey :kiss:

off to find some nice wavy hair.... :lol:

ETA: One more question :sekret: - how did you mask the big part in the middle?

Back