My 15 yo glued my hair.

OMG! This thread is killing me! It's not even close to funny when someone jacks up your head and I don't know if my darling daughter would survive this one. There might have been some jail time involved...apemay1969...You are a blessed soul indeed...that chick might not see 16 in one piece.

My condolences to you during this stressful and disappointing time. I've raised two daugthers and yes they had some special ways as teenage girls. But I would beat that heifer like a congo drum for this mess. Put her young *** in check now. You da mama. Oh yea--you might wanna pray first.

She's talking to and texting her friends through two cans and some string because of her smart mouth. :look:

Why weren't you paying attention to what she was doing? You knew she was 'practicing' on your hair. SMH

Girl, I'm old. As soon as I sat down, I was nodding. Two braids in, I was calling hogs. She did mention that she would be more careful next time. I kept saying "Que?" until she got mad and walked away. Nevah, evah, evah, nevah, is you touching my head again. Evah. I'm an English teacher but I returned to my native Ebonics on that there conversation.

Last edited:
i agree with virtuenow. you might be able to dissolve the glue

My landlord had some Goop off. He is a very nice Polish guy who's had his time with the sisters. He said he looked at my face and figured it was some Black and female thing that he'd get doubly cussed out for if he opened his mouth.

Most came out. The damage though was irreparable. :ohwell:

With the one or two inches that I had to chop, my hair is healthier. Not confused about whether I got all the splits, I tell you that.

Back to a TWA which is perfect right now. I actually did flat twists to rock a lace front this week and I was able to protect my edges and keep my hands out of my hair because now I know better. I'll edit with pics after I've gone to the shop to even it out.

As for my daughter, Idk, teenage girls are like humans invaded by body snatchers. She does almost the exact opposite of what I ask and everything that I've mentioned annoys me. Example: as I'm typing this, she's going through my purse, spraying on cologne (in 90 degree heat) knowing I can't breathe, waiting for me to drive her somewhere after she half a$$ed cleaned the kitchen for the cookout tomorrow. So, I'm gonna drive her halfway. You would think no cell phone would be enough punishment. Aliens. All of them.

Warning from the wise - do not let your teenage daughter do your hair especially if she's a spoiled brat and you've recently said no to something after 99 yes's to everything. I should have took Ms. Celie's advice and just beat her.

OP, you are a hoot! :lachen: But I do love how you see the glass half full; such a happy soul you are.

With the one or two inches that I had to chop, my hair is healthier. Not confused about whether I got all the splits, I tell you that.[...]

Back to a TWA which is perfect right now. I actually did flat twists to rock a lace front this week and I was able to protect my edges and keep my hands out of my hair because now I know better. I'll edit with pics after I've gone to the shop to even it out.

Not many would've seen that silver lining. You are starting from "scratch" with damage-free hair that you MUST not entrust to another soul. Girl, better look like who-did-what-and-why if you must than to let anyone else (even a saint) do your hair. Take it from someone who too learned the hard way and has stuck to that rule.

As for my daughter, Idk, teenage girls are like humans invaded by body snatchers. She does almost the exact opposite of what I ask and everything that I've mentioned annoys me. Example: as I'm typing this, she's going through my purse, spraying on cologne (in 90 degree heat) knowing I can't breathe, waiting for me to drive her somewhere after she half a$$ed cleaned the kitchen for the cookout tomorrow. So, I'm gonna drive her halfway. You would think no cell phone would be enough punishment. Aliens. All of them.

Bwahahaha! @ driving her halfway to match how she cleaned the kitchen. :rofl: You and my mom must be related. My mom will be so mad and as she's complaining, she'd dropping jokes left right and center make it so hard to appear sympathetic.

Warning from the wise - do not let your teenage daughter do your hair especially if she's a spoiled brat and you've recently said no to something after 99 yes's to everything. I should have taken Ms. Celie's advice and just beat her.

:rofl: Ms Celie is a troublemaker. Remember how she whispered that suggestion to Harpo being so careful that her voice doesn't carry so Sofia doesn't know where he got that idea. :lachen: Don't listen to Celie.

Back