My 15 yo glued my hair.

apemay1969

I hope this thread is in the right place. If not, I'm sure somebody will tell me.

Y'all, I'm bout ya die.

The little fuzzy on this one is almost an inch above the glue. What the heck was she thinking?

That cute little curly q that you see had to be chopped off because she glued UNDERNEATH!!

My daughter asked to braid my hair for the first time so she could make money this summer. There were some issues,big piece of my hair, smaller braid, skippy parts, but overall it was workable. I was proud of her. I pull it back in a bun all of the time cause it's quick, my hands are out of my hair and I can get to my scalp.

I BC's early December, joined SL 2012 and proceeded to wear wigs, which was the plan til summer.

Them bad boogers took my edges so far back my kids were calling me Ronald after the golden arch on my hairline. Those little patches at the front of my braids are new. They weren't there three weeks ago.

(pictures won't post right so I give up)

I then began to add hair using the crochet braiding method. It was okay but I was never satisfied and taking it out frequently was hacking up my ends.

Enter....the braids of death.

Why I'm bout to die and had to lapse into Ebonics to say it is because my daughter glued my hair and ill probably lose at least an inch to inch and a half for each braid. I know I needed a trim but golly gee.

I know she's gotta know better. I've been riding her butt about leaving without permission, having friends over while I'm out, texting too much, they usual teenage girl stuff. I think this chick did it on purpose to get revenge.

So two things: 1. Is it hopeless to think I can somehow save those inches and halves? B. Should I confront her about it? And if yes, what would her consequence be? She'll never admit it.

I did need a trim. I'm more sad about her than my hair though. Either my daughter is Cruella deVille or my daughter is dumb as a bag of hammers. Neither one is a happy place.

Attachments

• 1341128214171.jpg
    1341128214171.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 352
  • ForumRunner_20120701_023850.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120701_023850.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Hmm, you're funny. But I think you're so upset the message isn't coming across clearly. Also the 1st picture and the last 2 pictures are not showing. Did your daughter put microbraids in your hair and put glue at the end of the braid. It is common to use glue if you are not braiding to the end. However, you are never supposed to glue your own hair. She should've braided past your hair to achieve this. I can't say it was on purpose; but you should talk to her. You make her sound like she is a child at first like 11 or 12. I bet she is clueless about hair-- have no idea what her point of reference is for these faulty styling techniques-- but you shouldn't be her muse

Last edited:
virtuenow said:
Hmm, you're funny. But I think you're so upset the message isn't coming across clearly. Also the 1st picture and the last 2 pictures are not showing. Did your daughter put microbraids in your hair and put glue at the end of the braid. It is common to use glue if you are not braiding to the end. However, you are never supposed to glue your own hair. She should've braided past your hair to achieve this. I can't say it was on purpose; but you should talk to her. How old is she? You make her sound like she is a child at first like 11 or 12; then at the end she sounds almost grown. If she is a pre-teen I bet she is clueless about hair-- have no idea what her point of reference is for these faulty styling techniques-- but you shouldn't be her muse

Im also using my phone to post and that's usually a fail. My daughter, a lot of 15 yo girls, go from wanting to be 11 to wanting to be 18. She's been getting her hair braided for a long time. You're right. I shouldn't have assumed that because she acts like she knows what she's doing that she actually knows what she's doing.
For clarity sake, I hope, my daughter put in pencil braids and used glue to deal but didn't braid past my hair so it's straight up stuck together. I shed tears. I've been working so hard.

I don't think you should cut right away. Soak your hair in oil and conditioner. Then try and work the glue out of your hair and get some life back into the strand. Was it super glue or nail glue? Oil should be able to flake the glue off after a while.

apemay1969

Before taking the drastic step of cutting your own hair to remove the glued portions, why not try to dissolve the glue first?

Try soaking the glued tips(?) in oil/oil-based substances, such as petroleum jelly, olive oil, even peanut butter... and the like. Oil can often soften and dissolve glue enough that you may be able to release your own hair from the extensions.

I had this happen to me about ten years ago. I let one of my little sister's friends braid my hair and she told me later she couldn't tell the difference between my hair and the weave. Damn teenagers!!!!! Unless she used hair glue nothing is going to disolve that glue. You will have to cut.....I know I did and I tried all of the suggestions above. I even used acetone on a braid and it just got sticky.:sad:

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

It's not hopeless! Go to Home Depot and get yourself some Goof Off. It won't damage your hair, but avoid your scalp as much as possible. Once it's out, wash with a sulfate shampoo. It WILL come out.

Hmm, you're funny. But I think you're so upset the message isn't coming across clearly. Also the 1st picture and the last 2 pictures are not showing. Did your daughter put microbraids in your hair and put glue at the end of the braid. It is common to use glue if you are not braiding to the end. However, you are never supposed to glue your own hair. She should've braided past your hair to achieve this. I can't say it was on purpose; but you should talk to her. You make her sound like she is a child at first like 11 or 12. I bet she is clueless about hair-- have no idea what her point of reference is for these faulty styling techniques-- but you shouldn't be her muse

She knows about hair from listening to me. She just wants to do what she wants to do. She's 15, I joined LHCF in 2008 when I was still doing her hair. She knows about protein and moisture balance, cones and seam free combs. Still, she flatirons everyday even dirty, snatches tracks out, I've caught her relaxing her hair 15 minutes after snatching out tracks without even washing the glue out. She knows better. I'm just glad it was me and not a paying customer. However, I think teenagers only do that crap to their parents because they're pretty sure we won't murk em.

It's not hopeless! Go to Home Depot and get yourself some Goof Off. It won't damage your hair, but avoid your scalp as much as possible. Once it's out, wash with a sulfate shampoo. It WILL come out.

My funds are very tight. I've been out of work since October with no unemployment. I don't have Goop off money so I tried Vaseline, hair glue remover, nail polish remover, conditioner, oil sheen spray, even Pink oil moisturizer that my daughter puts on her hair to flat iron. :nono: Nail glue ain't coming out. Even if it did, the ends would be so jacked that I would need to cut them anyway. Tuition paid and lesson learned. I have church in 4 hours. I hope to be sitting there with a well moisturized TWA and healthy curly ends. I should make her go to the altar and have evoo oil poured on her as she begs little baby Jesus for forgiveness. Heifer.

Last edited:
Nail glue?? She used Nail Glue?! What in the 7 Heavens would possess her to do that? At least a dab of black hair glue is removable...you need acetone to get nail glue out, and I agree that your ends aren't going to appreciate that!

While at Church pray for patience, and understanding....because I know if that were me, I'd shake my child like a castanet!! :lachen:

apemay1969 said:
I should make her go to the altar and have evoo oil poured on her as she begs little baby Jesus for forgiveness. Heifer.

I'm sorry but this quote made me LMAO :lachen:

I'm sorry about your hair

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Same thing happened to me. I was visiting relatives in the Islands, I let my cousin do my hair, and she used NAIL GLUE in the braids on my own hair...I'm getting it all chopped and even tomorrow :grin: thanks to LHCF PJ's I have enough products to grow Rapunzel length hair:lachen:, I know my hair can grow...I'll pick up those efforts again in the Fall when its cooler

Last edited:
Sorry this happened to you. Teenagers and their hormones or carelessness, whichever one is very annoying. :lol:

Related topic: I have not braided in a while, but is glue now used while braiding? I am thinking about getting braids in the fall so I want to know what to expect or look out for.

Last edited:
My condolences to you during this stressful and disappointing time. I've raised two daugthers and yes they had some special ways as teenage girls. But I would beat that heifer like a congo drum for this mess. Put her young *** in check now. You da mama. Oh yea--you might wanna pray first.

Im sorry this happened to you I would do what the other ladies have suggested and try and.disolve the glue before cutting

I don't think you should cut right away. Soak your hair in oil and conditioner. Then try and work the glue out of your hair and get some life back into the strand. Was it super glue or nail glue? Oil should be able to flake the glue off after a while.

i agree with virtuenow. you might be able to dissolve the glue

Sorry this happened to you. Teenagers and their hormones or carelessness, whichever one is very annoying. :lol:

Related topic: I have not braided in a while, but is glue now used while braiding? I am thinking about getting braids in the fall so I want to know what to expect or look out for.

Ogoma nail glue was common when people fist started doing micro's. I've been doing these and big braids since I was about 11 so I didn't know anyone was still using the nail glue. Now a more sophisticated technique is used called "slip knot". You tie off the braid with the micro-hair (not ur real hair) Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_TtBas3Z9w skip to 1:09

i'm confused. what was the the glue used for anyway?

I have had braids before. What is the glue for? This is the second thread I have seen on it.

@Oasis and @diadall, you're both making me CTFU coz I have also never needed glue to braid.

From what I gather, it seems some people who do not braid to the ends of the extension hair but only braid partially and leave the added hair loose, glue the end of the braided part to stop the unraveling. I say :nuts: Not only is this unnecessary--tying a knot would even be better or using some type of fastening--but it really does damage hair that could be recycled/reused. I have been known to use human hair over and over, even 5 years after I bought it! I hate waste so putting glue on hair--even synthetic hair--IMO is wasteful.

OP, you've gotten good advice. I was going to recommend glue remover like people use for eyelashes, but Goof Off sounds like it would work too.

I know she's gotta know better. I've been riding her butt about leaving without permission, having friends over while I'm out, texting too much, they usual teenage girl stuff. I think this chick did it on purpose to get revenge.

So two things: 1. Is it hopeless to think I can somehow save those inches and halves? B. Should I confront her about it? And if yes, what would her consequence be? She'll never admit it.

I did need a trim. I'm more sad about her than my hair though. Either my daughter is Cruella deVille or my daughter is dumb as a bag of hammers. Neither one is a happy place.

:perplexed :nono:

Should we take up a collection for your bail money now or did you want us to wait awhile? Just kidding...sort of :look:

@Ogoma nail glue was common when people fist started doing micro's. I've been doing these and big braids since I was about 11 so I didn't know anyone was still using the nail glue. Now a more sophisticated technique is used called "slip knot". You tie off the braid with the micro-hair (not ur real hair) Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_TtBas3Z9w skip to 1:09

Thanks. I have only ever braided my hair on visits to Nigeria and the few times I did microbraids they used the 'slip knot' method. I don't think they have a name for it, but that is what they did. The last time I braided my hair was about 5 or so years ago. I have never heard of anyone using glue. Ever. I know there are glue on weaves/extensions, but I haven't heard of it for braids.

[USER=38567]apemay1969[/USER] said:
My funds are very tight. I've been out of work since October with no unemployment. I don't have Goop off money so I tried Vaseline, hair glue remover, nail polish remover, conditioner, oil sheen spray, even Pink oil moisturizer that my daughter puts on her hair to flat iron. :nono: Nail glue ain't coming out. Even if it did, the ends would be so jacked that I would need to cut them anyway. Tuition paid and lesson learned. I have church in 4 hours. I hope to be sitting there with a well moisturized TWA and healthy curly ends. I should make her go to the altar and have evoo oil poured on her as she begs little baby Jesus for forgiveness. Heifer.

It is $4, but I know how money can be tight. Wash n Go that **** til u get the money. :look:

Back