Muslim sister help

Tzarina

Muslim sisters help

I have to Muslim male friends who have asked me to find them wives, I have no idea where to start, have you got any suggestions?

Last edited:
wow what sort of wives are they looking for? If their families do arranged marriages perhaps that may be the way forward?

wow what sort of wives are they looking for? If their families do arranged marriages perhaps that may be the way forward?

Ones looking for a revert and the other really doesnt mind. Their families have offered but the girls they've picked aren't what their looking for. Some how they've got it into their heads that Im a marriage broker, I've promised to help them so here I am :ohwell:.

They're supposed to go to their Islamic center/masjid to ask the Imam (leader) or administration if there are women looking to marry. Then they would start the process, etc.

Generally, that's how they would find a wife.

Its odd that they asked you to find them a wife.:ohwell:

They're supposed to go to their Islamic center/masjid to ask the Imam (leader) or administration if there are women looking to marry. Then they would start the process, etc.

Generally, that's how they would find a wife.

Its odd that they asked you to find them a wife.:ohwell:
You stole my reply. :yep:

Tell them to ask their Imam. Why are they asking you if you arent Muslim?

Its a tad suspect.

You stole my reply. :yep:

Tell them to ask their Imam. Why are they asking you if you arent Muslim?

Its a tad suspect.

WHAT SHE SAID! A virtuous Muslim man knows how to find his wife and would never consider asking a non-Muslim woman to find him a wife.

If you go through with this...
do NOT set them up with a non-Muslim woman please unless you want her ruined life on your conscience. Don't forget, even American Muslim men have some beliefs that no non-Muslim woman could reasonably be okay with unless she converts. My first question to them would be why aren't any of the single sisters in their masjid being considered. Be careful getting involved in that sis.

I would direct them to the :look:mosque/ the :look:Imam/ to another :look:muslim brother. Also their are :look:Islamic marriage sites. Good luck to them. :grin:

Whoa, it's that deep? Why is it suspect that dude asked her about finding a mate? Please explain why ladies. This is interesting indeed. Why do they have to go to the Imam?

Whoa, it's that deep? Why is it suspect that dude asked her about finding a mate? Please explain why ladies. This is interesting indeed. Why do they have to go to the Imam?
Because this is how (some/most) Muslim men traditionally find a woman, if they have not found one on their own.

It's very different from the Christian or non-religious "hey got any friends you want to hook me up with?" They're asking her to find a wife for them and she's not even Muslim. It's a very strange situation for them to be putting her or themselves in.

The casualness of marriage that is associated with western culture does not exist in Islam, at least to those who claim to be pious. They would not approach marriage in this way. Even the most sinning Muslims I know try to at least get the marriage part right. It is a very important religious obligation, and not something to take lightly. Since marriage is so essential to the religion itself it would naturally be centered around the religious home i.e. the Imam and the masjid. Also going to the Imam is proper Islamic manners since men really arent to be approaching women in such a way.It also would make no sense to ask someone who obviously has a different center of reference to be apart of something so religious. For the record, Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian or Jewish women, but its highly discouraged and many look down on it especially since there are plenty of single Muslimahs. Hope that sheds some light on it for you.

Last edited:
The casualness of marriage that is associated with western culture does not exist in Islam, at least to those who claim to be pious. They would not approach marriage in this way. Even the most sinning Muslims I know try to at least get the marriage part right. It is a very important religious obligation, and not something to take lightly. Since marriage is so essential to the religion itself it would naturally be centered around the religious home i.e. the Imam and the masjid. Also going to the Imam is proper Islamic manners since men really arent to be approaching women in such a way.It also would make no sense to ask someone who obviously has a different center of reference to be apart of something so religious. For the record, Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian or Jewish women, but its highly discouraged and many look down on it especially since there are plenty of single Muslimahs. Hope that sheds some light on it for you.

This is really interesting. My question is what would happen if a Muslimah would marry a Non-Muslim?

From the sounds of it my Saudi friend wants a White or Black girl and he family and Iram keep on trying to introduce him to Asian girls and my Kashmiri (he’s British born) friend wants to marry a black revert.

Last edited:
This is really interesting. My question is what would happen if a Muslimah would marry a Non-Muslim?

The guy would have to convert to islam. A muslimah is not allowed to marry a non-muslim. I am living this situation, and it is aweful (i am muslim and my boyfriend is catholic).
I am discouraged and feel I should have not put myself in this situation in the first place, but I thought love, understanding and compromise could conquer all. Both sides are proving to be intolerant. I think we're soon going to break up because of this. :sad:

The guy would have to convert to islam. A muslimah is not allowed to marry a non-muslim. I am living this situation, and it is aweful (i am muslim and my boyfriend is catholic).
I am discouraged and feel I should have not put myself in this situation in the first place, but I thought love, understanding and compromise could conquer all. Both sides are proving to be intolerant. I think we're soon going to break up because of this. :sad:

Sorry to hear that...I am sure that is pretty rough. :huggle:

Oh darling I'm so sorry to hear that, you should do whats in your heart.:bighug:

Back