Multipurpose Products/ingredients

CodeRed

I thought this might be a helpful thread...

Name your product or ingredient that you use for more than just hair.

Mine would be all my oils. I have used them in hair care but when I got "bored" of using them for that, I slathered them on my skin and all of them (castor, hemp, sunflower, essential oils, etc) work well for me.

Same for me. I've begun using olive oil for pre-poo and shaving body hair. Coconut oil and jojoba oil both in pre-poo and in rubbing on my body after bathing.

I use essential oils for deep conditioning and mixing in lotion for my body. Peppermint or tea tree in particular. For summer months, that peppermint tingling has a cooling effect on my skin. I will also use the tea tree on my toothbrush along with toothpaste for brushing my teeth.

When I tried shampoo bars, they were a no-go for my hair, but I used them for my body. Didn't repurchase though.

When I tried shampoo bars, they were a no-go for my hair, but I used them for my body. Didn't repurchase though.

Yep. My hair hated those but they were ok for my body. I thought they'd make my skin extra soft since they were supposed to soften hair a bit but that didn't work.

I also used my aloe vera juice in my face masks.

Clays ( rhassoul, kaolin, pink) mixed with vedic powders, oils and wtv I put in it (panthenol, ceramides, hydrolised rice protein, avg etc...) when I make a hair mask I use the leftover on my skin (depending of the amount face and/or body).

Rosewater, geranium water, lavender water used on my face and sometimes to mist hair.

Castor or jojoba oil are the only oils I used with drops of avg on my face.

Baby Lotion
When I was a loose natural the Johnson & Johnson's Baby Lotion had to serve as a conditioner and Styling aid for my twists. I absolutely had to wash my hair and then discoverd I had absolutely NO conditioner.

Baby lotion (at least that one) is now officially on my head-to-toe moisturizing list. The Hempz line lotion works well too. I like the scents.​

Grapeseed Oil
Head-to-toe, has a much lighter scent than Olive Oil (which works too)​

I use shampoos I don't like to clean my combs. I know I read somewhere that buildup on your grooming utensils can cause damage to your hair so I started shampooing my comb when I remember. I figure if it can get the stuff off my hair that's also on the comb then that should be the best thing to clean it with...

Aloe vera juice is great internally as well as on my hair, scalp and skin.

I put castor oil in my hand lotions and I use it in oil blends.

Coconut and evoo are used mainly in the kitchen, but these go in my dit sulfur oil.

Back