Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

Also, i was under the impression that we arent supposed to use anything during the detox process...i know no products that contain the things that are being detoxed out...but for some reason i thought on this phase we werent putting anything at all...i guess ill be sealing akd

I understand that everyone can't do the seven days but is there a reason you have varied the suggested detox?

The waxiness is probably the synthetic residue on your hair. If you follow the detox schedule it will wash out.

Doing 7 days of detox can be a little taxing but doing the 3 washes and 2 washes back to back should be doable and you will have better results.

And you do need to keep your hair moisturized while doing the detox with a good leave-in, moisturizer or butter.

faithVA - So do you think I should just start over? I got home too late yesterday so I didn't bother. the other days I was too tired or too busy.

Also, i was under the impression that we arent supposed to use anything during the detox process...i know no products that contain the things that are being detoxed out...but for some reason i thought on this phase we werent putting anything at all...i guess ill be sealing akd

I know the site says if you need to apply something, try one of their butters. But I don't know what type of hair the person making that recommendation had. Type 1, 2 and 3 may not need anything. My type 4 needs a little somethin somethin :lol:

[USER=165094 said:
LadyPBC[/USER];14232735]@faithVA - So do you think I should just start over? I got home too late yesterday so I didn't bother. the other days I was too tired or too busy.

Pick up with a 3x wash today and then do the 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 (or as much of that as you can).

I understand needing to miss a day but when you get back to it, pick up on the washes as prescribed.

If your hair is feeling waxy the 3 today and 2 the next day should really help.

If you can't do the 3, 2, 2 then just hold off on the detox until you do have the time. You can just use it for a wash in the meantime.

@LadyMacgyver - do you know think the AO conditioners qualify as all natural given its an organic line. I have the Honeysuckle Rose variety - always hated the smell so don't use it much but it might be a good option for a henna gloss. I've never done a henna gloss before. It would be a more moisturizing for my hair but wondering if incorporating a conditioner would limit dye uptake on grey hair? Hope you have great results -- let us know how your henna gloss turned out.

I thought about that conditioner..I always go with the gloss easier to rinse out.. But I know some ladies with grey it works great on their hair my only issue is I usually follow with indigo and that is what is usually drying.. If I do it I will let you know

I know the site says if you need to apply something, try one of their butters. But I don't know what type of hair the person making that recommendation had. Type 1, 2 and 3 may not need anything. My type 4 needs a little somethin somethin :lol:

There is no way i can do these detoxes without giving back to my hair. Kinky coily hair needs that extra or you likely will end up with a headache on your hands.

Because i'm too lazy to whip me up some buttahs i improvise. For example, the last time i "mudded" i threw some wen on and left that it as a leave in. my hair was deliciously soft and moisturized.

There is no way i can do these detoxes without giving back to my hair. Kinky coily hair needs that extra or you likely will end up with a headache on your hands.

Because i'm too lazy to whip me up some buttahs i improvise. For example, the last time i "mudded" i threw some wen on and left that it as a leave in. my hair was deliciously soft and moisturized.

Exactly :yep:

So if you "mudded" are we "mudders"? :look:

Yeah I know... I'm going to bed :lol:

Hey... You got it... No need for the flaxseed get.. just do the detox, and seal with the butter I gave you... the mix... you should be okay... Good luck!

@faithVA - So do you think I should just start over? I got home too late yesterday so I didn't bother. the other days I was too tired or too busy.

Hey ladies...
I did my henna treatment 2 days ago after a clay wash and my hair is feeling good. I know most of you are applying products to your hair during the detox but I too thought you weren't suppose to. So I didn't and honestly didn't have any problems with detangling or dry hair (well once I switched to the Lavender Garden)!!! So this is most definitely a KEEPER!
:spinning: :yep:

I started the detox using Left Coast Lemon which was making it feel kind of dry (maybe the lemon) and ended with Lavender Garden :lick: Lavender is a balancer (is that a word?) for dry or oily hair and it did just that for my hair.

I have been using a shea butter mix and occasionally using flaxseed gel before the detox and will continue to use those for styling. I made my own deep condish which made my hair extremely oily so I will revamp. For the most part I have cut down time on my hair and the cost on my pockets! :grin:

I also used the clay on my 5 & 10 year daughters and mother in law...:lick: hair all the way around!

Hmm.. Interesting that some people are getting better results with the lavendar... After the left coast lemon, I'll try the lavender...

Hmm.. Interesting that some people are getting better results with the lavendar... After the left coast lemon, I'll try the lavender...

Please let me know how it goes. I have a while before I am finished with my current bottle. It seems to be a toss up between the two. I wonder if there are certain characteristics of the hair that makes one better for some than the other.

So I'm really starting to like this product. I can't detox for 7 days back to back, and since I have color in my hair I didn't want to have to force it anyway since the website states that it will take closer to a month. I use the cool mint on my scalp because I didn't feel like the lemon was cleansing it; I use the cool mint first and then I follow with the lemon. I do 3 washes back to back and then I usually sit with the lemon for half an hour or so. My hair has gone through some of the changes that were listed (I bunned for that part) but I honestly think they exaggerated for people with chemically treated hair (I have highlights so I can see the difference between the color treated hair and the hair that hasn't been colored).

So what I do after I rinse out the wash for the last time is I use my leave in which is aloe vera juice, water, and jojoba oil followed by shea butter. I air dry in my usual 6 braids. Then the next night I spritz my leave in again (or not, depending on how my hair feels) and set my hair on 8 flexi rods. My hair looks so stretched it almost looks like I've blowdried it. This doesn't usually happen when I airdry. I can even comb it and lose a whole lot less hair than I am used to. I'm sure I still have a few more washes to go before it's fully "detoxed" but all in all my hair really likes it. My nape was getting worse as my hair got longer; it would tangle so bad that I would end up cutting pieces. Today I was actually able to comb it when I got home with ease. I'm very pleased.

Sorry no pics, hopefully tomorrow I'll slow down and take some, right now it's back up in the flexi's.

So I'm really starting to like this product. I can't detox for 7 days back to back, and since I have color in my hair I didn't want to have to force it anyway since the website states that it will take closer to a month. I use the cool mint on my scalp because I didn't feel like the lemon was cleansing it; I use the cool mint first and then I follow with the lemon. I do 3 washes back to back and then I usually sit with the lemon for half an hour or so. My hair has gone through some of the changes that were listed (I bunned for that part) but I honestly think they exaggerated for people with chemically treated hair (I have highlights so I can see the difference between the color treated hair and the hair that hasn't been colored).

So what I do after I rinse out the wash for the last time is I use my leave in which is aloe vera juice, water, and jojoba oil followed by shea butter. I air dry in my usual 6 braids. Then the next night I spritz my leave in again (or not, depending on how my hair feels) and set my hair on 8 flexi rods. My hair looks so stretched it almost looks like I've blowdried it. This doesn't usually happen when I airdry. I can even comb it and lose a whole lot less hair than I am used to. I'm sure I still have a few more washes to go before it's fully "detoxed" but all in all my hair really likes it. My nape was getting worse as my hair got longer; it would tangle so bad that I would end up cutting pieces. Today I was actually able to comb it when I got home with ease. I'm very pleased.

Sorry no pics, hopefully tomorrow I'll slow down and take some, right now it's back up in the flexi's.
Thanks for sharing your experience Nayna. I enjoy reading the diff approaches everyone is taking with the product. Looking forward to seeing those pics.

Hey ladies...
I did my henna treatment 2 days ago after a clay wash and my hair is feeling good. I know most of you are applying products to your hair during the detox but I too thought you weren't suppose to. So I didn't and honestly didn't have any problems with detangling or dry hair (well once I switched to the Lavender Garden)!!! So this is most definitely a KEEPER!
:spinning: :yep:

I started the detox using Left Coast Lemon which was making it feel kind of dry (maybe the lemon) and ended with Lavender Garden :lick: Lavender is a balancer (is that a word?) for dry or oily hair and it did just that for my hair.

I have been using a shea butter mix and occasionally using flaxseed gel before the detox and will continue to use those for styling. I made my own deep condish which made my hair extremely oily so I will revamp. For the most part I have cut down time on my hair and the cost on my pockets! :grin:

I also used the clay on my 5 & 10 year daughters and mother in law...:lick: hair all the way around!
I have a 6 year old and I've been hesitating to use the wash on her hair primarily since she has a thick head of hair (that's her in my profile picture at 2yrs). I think I'll use up my 8 oz bottle fairly quickly. DesignerCurls, I think I read one of your post where you mentioned that your girls have fairly long hair so wondering how much product you used on their hair and also whether your 5 yr old had the patience to sit through a mud wash/detox. Sigh...wash day is not fun day for my dd. Just curious how it went with your kids.

ok faithVA and judy4all - I just got around to reading your responses. I was a mudder :lachen: twice last night and I was gonna be another mudder twice tonight. And ... don't judge me but ... I used the Kimmaytube leave in formula plus flaxseed gel plus :blush: I sealed with Crisco shortening:blush:. My hair feels luscious (a little greasy but not as much as when I was piling on the oils to give my hair shine). It feels so darn soft - it doesn't look or feel thirsty at all! I just wet it but I'm going to do the same thing tonight so maybe I'll share pictures tomorrow. I know I'm probably defeating the purpose of the mud wash by putting Crisco on my hair but I can't deny that my hair feels wonderful and looks less parched.:grin:

OK - let me have it :look:

[USER=165094 said:
LadyPBC[/USER];14239995]ok @faithVA and @judy4all - I just got around to reading your responses. I was a mudder :lachen: twice last night and I was gonna be another mudder twice tonight. And ... don't judge me but ... I used the Kimmaytube leave in formula plus flaxseed gel plus :blush: I sealed with Crisco shortening:blush:. My hair feels luscious (a little greasy but not as much as when I was piling on the oils to give my hair shine). It feels so darn soft - it doesn't look or feel thirsty at all! I just wet it but I'm going to do the same thing tonight so maybe I'll share pictures tomorrow. I know I'm probably defeating the purpose of the mud wash by putting Crisco on my hair but I can't deny that my hair feels wonderful and looks less parched.:grin:

OK - let me have it :look:

No judgement. I'm not going to tell you what you can and cannot put on your hair. I don't even remember what is in crisco:lol: but its probably better than what is in the stuff you can buy off the shelf.

The only thing I would be curious to see is if you can easily wash your hair with the mud. If you can cool. :lol: If not try diluting ACV in water to rinse the crisco out. (maybe 1/4 ACV cup to 2 cup water)

Man you have me going back. We havent used Crisco in so long that I don't even know whats in it. :lol: Had to look it up

SOYBEAN OIL, FULLY HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND SOYBEAN OILS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS), BETA CAROTENE (PRO VITAMIN A) ADDED FOR COLOR.

I have a 6 year old and I've been hesitating to use the wash on her hair primarily since she has a thick head of hair (that's her in my profile picture at 2yrs). I think I'll use up my 8 oz bottle fairly quickly. @DesignerCurls, I think I read one of your post where you mentioned that your girls have fairly long hair so wondering how much product you used on their hair and also whether your 5 yr old had the patience to sit through a mud wash/detox. Sigh...wash day is not fun day for my dd. Just curious how it went with your kids.

That is a beautiful head of hair right there. :grin:

I wouldn't do the detox since she is so young. And you can dilute it very well and put it in an applicator bottle to make application easier. So it could be similar to a regular wash.

I know you weren't asking me but just saying :lol: Back to you DesignerCurls.

That is a beautiful head of hair right there. :grin:

I wouldn't do the detox since she is so young. And you can dilute it very well and put it in an applicator bottle to make application easier. So it could be similar to a regular wash.

I know you weren't asking me but just saying :lol: Back to you DesignerCurls.
Really good advice faithVA thank you. I've been giving this a lot of thought. I currently use Eulecence Moisture Balance Shampoo & Conditioner on her hair and they work fairly well for her plus they come in jumbo litre size so thinking why mess with what works but then I think if I can cut detangling time by using the mud wash it would be sooo worth it since she's extremely tender headed and vocal about how much 'it hurts'.

Really good advice @faithVA thank you. I've been giving this a lot of thought. I currently use Eulecence Moisture Balance Shampoo & Conditioner on her hair and they work fairly well for her plus they come in jumbo litre size so thinking why mess with what works but then I think if I can cut detangling time by using the mud wash it would be sooo worth it since she's extremely tender headed and vocal about how much 'it hurts'.

It wouldn't hurt to try it just once. Doesn't mean you have to keep using it. I definitely understand getting the big bottles for cheap. I have a bottle of Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo that I got for $7 which would have lasted me for 2 years probably. :lol: I liked that stuff too. Made this bushy hair straight and silky.

It wouldn't hurt to try it just once. Doesn't mean you have to keep using it. I definitely understand getting the big bottles for cheap. I have a bottle of Elasta QP Soy Oyl shampoo that I got for $7 which would have lasted me for 2 years probably. :lol: I liked that stuff too. Made this bushy hair straight and silky.

do any of you use this wash diluted in a spray bottle?

[USER=236878 said:
tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT[/USER];14240313]do any of you use this wash diluted in a spray bottle?

Didn't realize you had quoted me in this question :blush:

I don't use a spray bottle because I don't like the mudwash diluted that much. I like a 50/50 mix which wouldn't spray very well. If I did the ACV rinse first I probably could dilute it more. I'm just not crazy about the ACV rinse idea.

No judgement. I'm not going to tell you what you can and cannot put on your hair. I don't even remember what is in crisco:lol: but its probably better than what is in the stuff you can buy off the shelf.

The only thing I would be curious to see is if you can easily wash your hair with the mud. If you can cool. :lol: If not try diluting ACV in water to rinse the crisco out. (maybe 1/4 ACV cup to 2 cup water)

Man you have me going back. We havent used Crisco in so long that I don't even know whats in it. :lol: Had to look it up

SOYBEAN OIL, FULLY HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED PALM AND SOYBEAN OILS, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, TBHQ AND CITRIC ACID (ANTIOXIDANTS), BETA CAROTENE (PRO VITAMIN A) ADDED FOR COLOR.

Thanks for the suggestion. I washed twice and it seemed that there may still have been some residue but it really kinda felt like it did before using the Crisco. I will try the ACV though. BTW - I don't know what most of those ingredients are in the Crisco.:perplexed I suppose I should look them up but my hair feels so smooth and soft that I don't want to read anything bad.

[USER=165094 said:
LadyPBC[/USER];14241049]Thanks for the suggestion. I washed twice and it seemed that there may still have been some residue but it really kinda felt like it did before using the Crisco. I will try the ACV though. BTW - I don't know what most of those ingredients are in the Crisco.:perplexed I suppose I should look them up but my hair feels so smooth and soft that I don't want to read anything bad.

As far as bad, you get to decide how far you want to go with it. Of those who are using the mudwash you have a big range from using only organic or homemade to using right off the drugstore shelf. So you get to decide what bad is for you.

You can try the ACV rinse first or see if you can just rinse your hair very well before applying the wash. But during the detox you do want the mud to get your hair and not use it so much to get product off your hair if that makes sense. Just listen to your hair. You will be fine.

so i did another mud wash a little while ago.

my hair feels softer...not ultra soft or anything...but better than it did the other days...but it's still drying, so i dunno if that "softer" feeling will go away when it's completely dry. i kinda want to see how it feels after it's completely dry and not put anything on it so i can know if it actually does feel better or if it's just my imagination.

Back