MTG USERS...I'm not trying to gross you out, but...

s_terry said:
What about the essential oils??? Peppermint and lemongrass both have th potential to be irritants. That's 10 drop of EO diluted in how much MTG? Can you try other EO's? Try other's like Lavendar or Rosemary perhap's? Just a thought

good point....I'll try w/o the eo's for now...

DDtexlaxd said:
I don't think MTG was made to be mixed with anything. I've never had a problem with it, just loads of growth. Perhaps you're allergic to MTG. Be careful with using it. It's not worth you getting hurt over it What good is having long hair with a scaly neck?:ohwell:
IT CAN HIDE IT!!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I'm thinking maybe the irritant may be the peppermint...or the lemongrass may be kind of drying.......I'm going to try MTG 100% (ewwwwwwwww)....and see if there's any change (lawd..help every one's noses in this house!)

VWVixxen said:
Without mixing the oil, you will not get the benefits of the sulfur, as in the bottom shortly after having been shaken.

The instructions on the bottle say that the bottle is to be turned upside down and shaken thoroughly.
this is how I shake Mine!!:creatures :yay: :bouncy:

Try that first BrownSuga, if it's not the essential oils you will know right away because it's gonna hurt worse. AND THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!;) Good Luck

brownsugar9999 said:
IT CAN HIDE IT!!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I'm thinking maybe the irritant may be the peppermint...or the lemongrass may be kind of drying.......I'm going to try MTG 100% (ewwwwwwwww)....and see if there's any change (lawd..help every one's noses in this house!)

Girl, u crack me up!:lol: I really hope that it goes well for you. I only put mtg on my hair, not my scalp. Perhaps not putting MTG on your scalp may help.:scratchch

Actually, I got the huge flakies too. Fingernail sized flakies... huuuuuge. all around my hairline, and the back of my neck.
I also got a bad reaction all over my neck and upper chest from the MTG.
But, interestingly enough, i also had added peppermint oil to my MTG.
I haven't used MTG for a good month now, and all the flakies have gone away...
so maybe it was the peppermint...

metro_qt said:
Actually, I got the huge flakies too. Fingernail sized flakies... huuuuuge. all around my hairline, and the back of my neck.
I also got a bad reaction all over my neck and upper chest from the MTG.
But, interestingly enough, i also had added peppermint oil to my MTG.
I haven't used MTG for a good month now, and all the flakies have gone away...
so maybe it was the peppermint...
AH HA!! So I'm NOT alone in this!!!!!
Stop using...it goes away....use w/ Peppermint.........shed like a lizard!!!!!!
So as a trial...I'm going to SCRUB my head.....and apply the MTG alone.....let's see what happens!!

Back