MTG & SURGE HALTED MY POSTPARTUM SHEDDING!!!

MsLepe

Hey Ladies, I have been using MTG & Surge (mixed with Infusium 23 & SCurl for moisture) since May, And I SWEAR since using them I have experienced zero hairs coming out while combing (while wet of course) and cowashing, I know the Jibere comb is a contributing factor as well, BUT WOW!!! My son is now going on 2 mths old, And I still have experienced ZERO hair lost!!!! SHOOT I AM SCARED TO RUN OUT OF THESE PRODUCTS!! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN!!!!! Who else have experienced this when these products and shedding?!??? JUST CURIOUS!!!

Are you nursing? If so, I would cease use until you are finished breastfeeding.......

However, if you arent..... thats GREAT news that you've had such success. :grin: I am also a huuuuuge advocate of MTG. Ive been riding the MTG pony for nearly a year now.... and my hair has prospered a great deal. Its thicker and growing hella fast. I used to have dandruff/dry scalp, and more breakage..... and all of that has ceased. I love it, and it's a staple until I reach my final goal.

P.S. Beautiful family in your siggy pics. :)

KiniKakes said:
Are you nursing? If so, I would cease use until you are finished breastfeeding.......

However, if you arent..... thats GREAT news that you've had such success. :grin: I am also a huuuuuge advocate of MTG. Ive been riding the MTG pony for nearly a year now.... and my hair has prospered a great deal. Its thicker and growing hella fast. I used to have dandruff/dry scalp, and more breakage..... and all of that has ceased. I love it, and it's a staple until I reach my final goal.

P.S. Beautiful family in your siggy pics. :)
Hey Kinkikakes, thanks for the compliment on my family, I was 7mths pregnant in that pic (Easter Sunday). No I am not breastfeeding, so I guess thats great that these products has done that for me. Dont know if I will repurchase the Surge real soon, since I think Infusium 23 will do the same for me, but I do agree with you on keeping with the MTG until I reach my goal....:)

Yeah, i started out using Surge, and then realized it wasnt doing too much for me. That could be because I didnt use it regularly enough.... but my hair has thrived without it, so i just kinda tossed the bottle aside. A shame, its still 3/4 full. :lol: But yeah, MTG is the truth..... im really happy with it.

I use these products all the time. I'm glad it worked for you. I sometimes feel like I promote these two products too much. It actually helped someone else other than me.:D

DDtexlaxd said:
I use these products all the time. I'm glad it worked for you. I sometimes feel like I promote these two products too much. It actually helped someone else other than me.:D
Oh yeat DDtexlaxd, these are MIRACLE products in my opinion for my hair...I am glad that others have witnessed the same as well! I thought I was trippin at first.LOL :)

I totally agree on the effectiveness of MTG and Surge. In the beginning, I was using the Surge daily and it simply too harsh for my hair, so I took a break from it, then revisited it. Now I dilute the Surge with water, and my hair loves it. MTG is a staple for me....it really works for me.

tallygirl said:
I totally agree on the effectiveness of MTG and Surge. In the beginning, I was using the Surge daily and it simply too harsh for my hair, so I took a break from it, then revisited it. Now I dilute the Surge with water, and my hair loves it. MTG is a staple for me....it really works for me.

I agree with this :):grin:

KiniKakes and MsLepe,

What are yall using to dilute the smell? Essential oils?

*thinking about hoping on this bandwagon for my nape*

I'm jumping on the bandwagon.....found a place locally that sell MTG for $15.95 a bottle, going to pick some up today!:grin:

metalkitty said:
Ms.Lepe, do you use these mixed or seperate?
Metalkitty, I use the products separate. I spray my hair with the Surge mixture (Surge, Infusium and a lil' scurl) in my spray bottle, then I oil my scalp with the MTG then massage in....:)

wantlonghealthyhair said:
I agree with this :):grin:
Wantlonghealthyhair & Tallygirl, I SO AGREE TOO! The only reason why I mix Surge with Infusium and S-Curl is for a lil' moisture, I think too much of it will dry my hair out.....

KhandiB said:
OT : Your fam is soooo cute :D
Thanks Khandi!!!! Your lil' man is DARLING!!!!! I showed the pic of you and your son to my husband, and we both were wondering if our newborn baby boy was gonna look as cute as him!!!!LOL

MizaniMami said:
KiniKakes and MsLepe,

I don't dilute the MTG, I use it in all its AROMA!!!LOL...Its really NOT THAT BAD...I actually expected worse. I guess the best advice I can give you is dont overdo it, a little bit goes a long way. I learned that on my second bottle after going grocery shopping with my hubby, I had just washed and applied it. We were in the store for about an hour, and I was wiping my neck the whole time.LOL....TOO MUCH!!!!LOL..Looked like I was sweating profusely!!!:lachen:

MizaniMami said:
KiniKakes and MsLepe,

Mizani Mami, I dont use a darn thing! The smell doesnt bother me at all..... all I can think about is the growth! That makes all else unimportant, lol. Its just a necessary evil to get to where i need to be.

But truthfully, I dont work around a whole bunch of folks, so I guess thats why i dont feel self-conscious or anything, like some of the other ladies.....

MsLepe said:
Wantlonghealthyhair & Tallygirl, I SO AGREE TOO! The only reason why I mix Surge with Infusium and S-Curl is for a lil' moisture, I think too much of it will dry my hair out.....
x

hey MsLepe,

i also mix my surge with SCurl- I notice Surge can be harsh on the scalp,
A lot of ladies reported skin irritation using it undiluted too.:)
x
ETA : You and your family are adorable

Last edited:
I'm going to sound real new right now and ask...WHAT IS MTG? lolol I've been seeing these 3 letters all over this board and I have no idea. Help? My curiosity is killing me!

Back