MTG Progress Pics posted

nekilaki said:
OUTSTANDING! :clap: Your progress gives me hope. I'm in the process of texturizing too (last one didn't take - about to do another one).

I'd love you to post a picture of a wash n go, if you ever wear it like that.

(And ditto on the smoothing question)

What relaxer do you use for texturizing ? My only advice is to make sure you give your hair enough time to rest before re-applying. The first time I had my hair texturized my stylist used affirm fiberguard. Then 4 months later she went over my whole head with mizani sensitive scalp. I was actually aiming for relaxed hair but it didn't get straight so this is what I got. Since then I've started to self-relax and have used phyto II for the last 3 or 4 times.

I have never done a wash and go. It take about three days for my hair to recover from water so I can't wear it down immediately. I may have just not found the right products yet. I posted the answer to the smoothing question above. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I am motivated now. I might hold off on texturizing until my hair gets healthy again. I havent had a relaxer since late september or early october (I dont remember)... i did intend on relaxing it again but i couldnt find a shop (I just moved to a new state) and eventually as I saw my new growth I thought about it and natural is something i really want to try. I'm in the Military so my hair styles have always been limited...cant really do anything too fancy. My hair has always been short ever since i started relaxing, but before that it was long and healthy. Also I had a scalp problem since forever. I feel like a scientist trying to find the right hair stuff. One thing I'm sure I'll keep is the detangler spray that i bought that's for babies' hair... it got rid of the crackle and pop sound i got initially when i combed my hair (which i knew was a big no no). I am looking at labels more closely and try not to buy anything with alcohol or petroleum. Hopefully soon i'll have a regimen down. I have absolutely no skills when it comes to hair, so this should be interesting. So far, my scalp problem that i've battled for years is completely gone after only a month or so. :eek: I can't wait to see what other surprises are in store!

Back