MTG Progress Pics posted

dontspeakdefeat said:
What do you mean, use it until you get to waistlength. You are already waistlength!!

Your hair is gorgeous. Keep up the good work!
DSD that is very flattering. I guess I mean waistlength as in where my pants hit the waist. I think some people call that hiplength but if I get there my hair will be truly waistlength when dry which is what I want.

fancypants007 said:
Your hair looks great! I can definitely see the growth. It looks like it is already waist length. I will continue to use MTG as well. I started on 9/22 and took down my braids on 10/29 and I got 2" of growth in that short period of time. My hair is back in cornrows and I will see if I can get another 2" in the next 6-8 weeks. Hopefully, I will have some pictures so I can share. Happy hair growing!

Thanks fancy! I didn't even notice how much it had grown until after my last trim. I was so much expecting to be back at bra strap but then I washed it and had my husband take a picture and I was really in awe. That MTG is great!

angelbaby said:
The growth looks consistent with what normal growth would look like after 4 months.

Maybe without trimming on an average head but I've never had growth like this! It usually takes me a year to get the growth I've gotten in the last 4 months.

DahomeyAhosi said:
Maybe without trimming on an average head but I've never had growth like this! It usually takes me a year to get the growth I've gotten in the last 4 months.

I agree. I'm so excited about MTG because I now see growth after so many months of not seeing anything. I've had my hair in individual braids, and your hair appears to be growing, but when you take it down and measure, it seems to be at the same length. Well not true this time. When I took my braids down from cornrows six weeks later, I put on my t-shirt where I marked with a color highlight where my hair ended the last time and I measured my hair NOW with the measurements from 6 weeks ago and I got 2" of growth. You could see the growth, not just seem or appear to be growing. After so many months of not seeing anything, and now to see growth, well I'm excited. I can't wait for the next 6-8 weeks.

Your hair is lovely!!!! Great progress! I just placed my 2nd order of MTG on Saturday. I only order the sample size. Keep up the progress. You should reach your goal shortly.:)

DahomeyAhosi said:
More proof that MTG works! Compare my Sept. 05 pics with my May 05 pics. I began using MTG in late May or early June (can't remember exactly when) and grew more hair through the end of September than I grew all of last year in spite of several serious trims. I'll be using this until I get to waist length.

DAHOMEY! I just love your hair! You say you texturized with Phyto II? 30 minutes seems like a long time. Were you all natural before texturizing or did you transition a texturizer from a relaxer? :D

DahomeyAhosi said:
More proof that MTG works! Compare my Sept. 05 pics with my May 05 pics. I began using MTG in late May or early June (can't remember exactly when) and grew more hair through the end of September than I grew all of last year in spite of several serious trims. I'll be using this until I get to waist length.

ok. I am sold. Please tell me where to get MTG because your hair is FAB- U- LOS!!

angelbaby said:
The growth looks consistent with what normal growth would look like after 4 months.

If that is normal hair growth for most, then my hair must be retarded because I don't grow that much hair in less than a year. In a year I'll get about as much as she has gotten now. Whether my ends are trimmed or not, that's all of the growth I get.

DahomeyAhosi said:
Hey Den1! I apply MTG every 2-3 days. I started using MTG in late May or June. I can't remember when but I know that even though I've stopped using it for about a month altogether (to prevent relaxer burning) I've still gotten great growth from it.
Thanks for responding..the progress you have made is inspirational, like many of us you have overcome many obstables on the journey to long healthy hair, now start enjoying the fruits of your labour.

FeelinIt said:
If that is normal hair growth for most, then my hair must be retarded because I don't grow that much hair in less than a year. In a year I'll get about as much as she has gotten now. Whether my ends are trimmed or not, that's all of the growth I get.

Thats what I'm sayin'. I must be in Special Ed then.

D - I use Affirm Lye. I'm able to keep some of the curl definition, but not as much as I'd like.

fancypants007 said:
I agree. I'm so excited about MTG because I now see growth after so many months of not seeing anything. I've had my hair in individual braids, and your hair appears to be growing, but when you take it down and measure, it seems to be at the same length. Well not true this time. When I took my braids down from cornrows six weeks later, I put on my t-shirt where I marked with a color highlight where my hair ended the last time and I measured my hair NOW with the measurements from 6 weeks ago and I got 2" of growth. You could see the growth, not just seem or appear to be growing. After so many months of not seeing anything, and now to see growth, well I'm excited. I can't wait for the next 6-8 weeks.

2 inches in 6 weeks is awesome. Happy hair growing!

CurleeDST said:
How do you guys stand the smell?

I've found it's not as strong if I apply it to my scalp directly after washing. However it is still definitely there. I use hair oil/perfume to cover it up but I don't mix it. I just pour the oil on my hair after I make a bun.

AllAboutTheHair said:
DahomeyAhosi, you're hair is sooo thick and pretty...did you get a texturizer to help with manageability?

Hi thank you. Yes I did get a texturizer in order to detangle more easily and show length. I went natural before I texturized and was natural for about a year. My hair was very strong and thick then but combing it was an incredible task.

redeemed516 said:
ok. I am sold. Please tell me where to get MTG because your hair is FAB- U- LOS!!

I order mine from Shapleys.com but some ladies get it from local horse stores. Check out their site.

CantBeCopied said:
DAHOMEY! I just love your hair! You say you texturized with Phyto II? 30 minutes seems like a long time. Were you all natural before texturizing or did you transition a texturizer from a relaxer? :D

Hi CBC. The thirty minutes is the total time from the start of application to rinse out. It takes me that long toget through my head because I am still relatively a novice at relaxing. I know it seems long but I start at the back where most of my hair is 4a and move to the front where most of hair is 4b. The 4b hair straightens very easily so I don't have to keep it on long but the 4a hair doesn't seem to straighten as quickly. I was all natural before texturizing. I was natural for about a year.

I am brand new here...still not even sure how the whole forum thing works... but your album inspired me. I didnt think that people with 4a/4b hair could get such great results, because i have that hair type. I recently bought MTG and have just started using it but I dont really have a regimen for it. Right now my hair is a mess! I realized that my hair and scalp is way too sensitive for perms so now i'm part relaxed and part nappy after using perms for YEARS. My hair is short also..reaches the bottom of my neck but i would love to get it to grow. Where do you get this texturizer from? I tried to google it but could not find it. My hair is driving me nuts...if you have any tips for a newbie, please enlighten me! :)

Congrats on your results...your hair looks amazing.

I just jumped on the MTG wagon. Your hair is beautiful I hope I get some results form using this stuff. Am I supposed to applyit to my scalp only after washing or use it daily like Surge? I ordered my stuff today.

Phyto index II is stronger than index I, right? I think I'm using the stronger phyto relaxer and my hair is bone straight (too straight). I don't leave the relaxer in for more than 30 minutes (probably more like 20-25 minutes -- working as fast as I can when applying). I would love to have the texture you achieve with the phyto relaxer but I'm not sure how. I even add a few teaspoons of oil and AO GP conditioner to try to dilute or slow down the relaxer, but haven't had much luck. My hair is fine 4A/B. Any suggestions?

P.S. when you texturize using a relaxer do you apply the relaxer and skip the smoothing step?

OUTSTANDING! :clap: Your progress gives me hope. I'm in the process of texturizing too (last one didn't take - about to do another one).

I'd love you to post a picture of a wash n go, if you ever wear it like that.

(And ditto on the smoothing question)

Last edited:
Shenia said:
I am brand new here...still not even sure how the whole forum thing works... but your album inspired me. I didnt think that people with 4a/4b hair could get such great results, because i have that hair type. I recently bought MTG and have just started using it but I dont really have a regimen for it. Right now my hair is a mess! I realized that my hair and scalp is way too sensitive for perms so now i'm part relaxed and part nappy after using perms for YEARS. My hair is short also..reaches the bottom of my neck but i would love to get it to grow. Where do you get this texturizer from? I tried to google it but could not find it. My hair is driving me nuts...if you have any tips for a newbie, please enlighten me! :)

Congrats on your results...your hair looks amazing.

Hello, thanks, and welcome to the board. You will soon find that there are many many type 4 ladies with ultra-long hair here; natural, relaxed, and texturized. You can certainly be one of them.

You can buy phyto online at hairboutique.com but I think there are cheaper places. If I have any advice its to be very gentle to your hair when combing and washing and to give up the heat. I think doing the opposite will sabotage your hair no matter which products you use. And be patient when looking for the right products. Everything doesn't work for everyone but if you keep track of how things affect your hair you'll perfect your regime. Happy hair growing.

harden718 said:
I just jumped on the MTG wagon. Your hair is beautiful I hope I get some results form using this stuff. Am I supposed to applyit to my scalp only after washing or use it daily like Surge? I ordered my stuff today.

Hi harden718,

Thanks for the compliment. I don't think there's any one way to use MTG because there are so many ladies using it in so many different ways with success. However I apply it right after washing and then every 2-3 days. The bottle says it should only be used once week. I hope it works for you.

pharmd said:
Phyto index II is stronger than index I, right? I think I'm using the stronger phyto relaxer and my hair is bone straight (too straight). I don't leave the relaxer in for more than 30 minutes (probably more like 20-25 minutes -- working as fast as I can when applying). I would love to have the texture you achieve with the phyto relaxer but I'm not sure how. I even add a few teaspoons of oil and AO GP conditioner to try to dilute or slow down the relaxer, but haven't had much luck. My hair is fine 4A/B. Any suggestions?

P.S. when you texturize using a relaxer do you apply the relaxer and skip the smoothing step?

Hi pharmd,

Yes phytoII is stronger than phyto I. I think the best way to figure out the timing is to do a strand test on all different textures on your head. My texture is not uniform by a long stretch. It's so hard to get texturized hair consistent.
No I don't smooth very much at all, especially the 4b hair because it straightens way too quickly. My smoothing time is about 5 minutes max. It just takes about 30 minutes because I'm slow to apply it and my hair is thick in the front. I think I'll get faster with time.

Back