MTG or MN - Which Works Better?

• MTG (Sulfur)

Votes: 44 44.9%
  • MN

Votes: 54 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aliciaq said:
I would like to try this MTG or MN Where do you buy it from and what is the trade name?

I purchased a generic brand of Monistat (MN) at Walgreens - and the MTG is sulfar I purchased Sulfar 8 at Walgreens also:)

You can get generic Monistat cheaper online. I got mine from americanrx.com. Generic sulfur (also called Flowers of Sulfur) can be found at most drug stores. Some stores keep it behind the pharmacy counter. God bless.

i voted MTG (sulfur) because it has worked on me... I've tried MN, but only for maybe a week or two at a time, so its never been consistant enough to notice any positive results...i just didn't really give it a chance...

I'm thinking about making my own sulfur cream based mix with added MN... right now i'm trying to research different ingredients (like bases, stimulating oils etc) that will help make the two main ingredients work better...

Does MN weigh the hair down, or make it oily?

I just purchased some (for my hair!) and well... I'm not sure when to put it on. before or after washing?

*sooo excited to finally have subscribed to the site* hee hee hee :grin:

i voted mn because mtg smells and stains everything!! Also I dont think i got as good growth with MTG as MN. Also if you follow i think iaec's ?sp, mix she adds sulfur 8 to her mix along w/ essential oils soo, mixing them could also be good!!

Last edited:
I am also a MN user.

I almost stopped using MN because of the headaches, but I finally got my mixture right and I have stayed the course and I really feel like my hair is benefiting.

Definitely MN!

MTG dried my hair and destroyed my edges. Unfortunately BT dried my hair as well.

MN gives me great growth, its not greasy, no shedding and no headaches.

I mix my MN with my BT now and I'm getting good results as well. I've never tried MTG because of the reviews on the smell, shedding and that it grays some people's hair. That's enough reason for me not to use it.

MN on the other hand, there is no odor, no fear of getting premature gray hairs and I haven't seen any evidence of excessive shedding. Two thumbs up for MN.

I love them both!! :yep: I have been alternating for the past 3 weeks, I am certain that I am growing.:grin: Whatcha think? The 1st picture was taken Jan 1, the 2nd tonight. :look:

Attachments

• Jan2008 start.JPG
    Jan2008 start.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 8
  • MidJan2008.JPG
    MidJan2008.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 9
twice a day! Girl my scalp would be on fire! :lol: :lol:

With the Derma Doctor cream, I got tingles and scalp stimulation just from 2 days a week. It must have something to do with the cream, too. When I used Neopsporin AF, sometimes, I would not feel tingles until after a few applications.

I personally like MN better. That MTG just stinks. It's a sure way to keep the boyz away! MN has been goign well for me, but I think I should relax more often. Maybe every 7 weeks instead of every 8 weeks, because I ahd MAD growth that I could NOT handle!

Back