MTG burn/irritate your neck or dry your hair?

yodie

Has anyone had any negative effects from MTG? Seems like it has slightly irritated the back of my neck and dried my kitchen, which is already wayyy short.

From others on the board,

don't let the MTG drip down ur face or neck---it may cause irritation. Alot is not needed to see results

Also---MTG is not at all a moisturizer---so be sure to get it on ur scalp and then use a moisturizer on ur hair (not MTG on ur hair)

HTH!

i stopped using MTG a loooong time ago, back when we 1st found out about it..the same think for surge..i broke out form MTG , a rash kinda like ezema or itchy dry patches on my neck..and they got dark..took hydrocortizone and time to get rid of it...you must be allergic to it also..there have been quite a few people who could not use it...

I experienced irritation to my neck. My skin is verrrry sensitive, for I have ezcema. I think it penetrated through my scarf and got on my pillow, hence making its way to my neck. I never let it drip, so this is my only explaination for making contact with my skin. I have reverted to just using sulphur.

Yes...I actually have a slight rash right now on the back of my neck from my homemade mtg mix. But it's my fault for letting it drip, I usually put one of those headband things on to stop it from dripping right after applying and I'm fine.

Thanks for replying ladies. I too have eczema (inactive right now). I noticed that the back of my neck has turned slightly dark and is irritated. I believe it also dried out my kitchen and that's the very area that I need growth.

Glad I only brought the small bottle of this stuff.

I purchased Naturallady's version of odorless MTG. Maybe I'll just stick with her version and leave this one to the pros.

Hi Ladies,

I haven't used MTG or Surge, but I have burned my neck on two

occasions by adding too much rosemary EO to my homemade

concoctions. The ends of my hair touched my neck and behind the ear

area, it didn't really drip. The skin felt really dry and tight, especially

when you turn your head. I made sure I wore my collar up! Shea butter

on it twice a day for a few days really helped it heal.

So, I said this to say, that maybe you are not allergic, or the product

unsafe, maybe it just needed to be diluted more. But as an extra

precaution, I wash my face and neck area after I use this stuff, and it

doesn't bother my scalp at all.

prettypuff1 said:
i have the dry patches on my neck, but i want the growth so i will put up with it...

You have to be careful.

Neck skin is just as sensitive as facial skin. So at least put some kind of cream on it, so it doesn't become worse than it already is.

I had the same reaction to my neck so I used some raw shea butter on it and it cleared up. It also made my hair very dry.
I don't use that stuff anymore liquid or powder and I have a whole pack of the powder sulfur left. I feel if it did that to my skin eventually there could be some irritation to my scalp. :ohwell:

lil'paw said:
I had the same reaction to my neck so I used some raw shea butter on it and it cleared up. It also made my hair very dry.
I don't use that stuff anymore liquid or powder and I have a whole pack of the powder sulfur left. I feel if it did that to my skin eventually there could be some irritation to my scalp. :ohwell:

Yeah I usually put something on it too and it clears right up. I've never had any irritation with my scalp and I guess that's because the majority of it sometimes leaks down. But once I protect my neck I don't have any problems.

If a person is proactive by putting a heavy scarf around their neck shoulders or a towel or cape and make sure to wash their neck and even using vaseline as a neck base the same as they would for a relaxer or hair color, there should be no problem. Unless you are trying to grow skin on your neck, lolololol * couldn't resist...but by not protecting this sensitive answer, we could not expect anything but trouble. I make sure I protect and wash my ears and behind my ears as well because they are very sensitive. Hope this helps. bonjour

It irritated my neck, not my scalp, so I stopped using it over a year ago. It was not going to work for me because I exercise frequently and I sweat. That is how it got on my neck and face. I just started using wild growth oil over a week ago and I think I am seeing some results, no irritation.

amwcah said:
I experienced irritation to my neck. My skin is verrrry sensitive, for I have ezcema. I think it penetrated through my scarf and got on my pillow, hence making its way to my neck. I never let it drip, so this is my only explaination for making contact with my skin. I have reverted to just using sulphur.

yea i have ezcema also, but is makes my hair thicker and i get some growth as well.

Back