Mowrah Butter

Kurlee

WHo's tried this?!!! I been using it in my homeade hair and body butters and my hair and skin are so moisturized and soft!:grin:

I bought a couple of tubs of this, but silly me, I didn't look at the expiry date, which was September 2008. I'm gutted, because I only got one use out of it, and I really liked the results.

This is what happens when you buy too many products! :blush:

I tried it years ago and had fabulous results. Don't know why I did re-order but I suspect it was due to low ends. It was great on my skin and hair. Really softens and moisturizes. When, I re-up my butters, which be sometime next year. I will definitely get some more.

Right now though, I have jojoba butter, olive butter and pistachio butter. I will be using these when I remove my tree braids.

Brazilian Murumuru Butter is supposed to be excellent too. It's one of the key ingredients found in a lot of deep conditioners. I haven't tried it yet as my local supplier hasn't got it in stock, so I can't vouch for it, but I will be trying it just as soon as she gets it in.

I tried it years ago and had fabulous results. Don't know why I did re-order but I suspect it was due to low ends. It was great on my skin and hair. Really softens and moisturizes. When, I re-up my butters, which be sometime next year. I will definitely get some more.

Right now though, I have jojoba butter, olive butter and pistachio butter. I will be using these when I remove my tree braids.

HEY,HEY,HEY,HEY,WHOA,WHOA,WHOA, WHOA THERE! You have got to tell me WHERE you got all of these butters!

Brazilian Murumuru Butter is supposed to be excellent too. It's one of the key ingredients found in a lot of deep conditioners. I haven't tried it yet as my local supplier hasn't got it in stock, so I can't vouch for it, but I will be trying it just as soon as she gets it in.
MURUMURU is the truthhhhhhhhhhhhh its the best butter for hair, period, end of story. I use that and avocado oil and its moisture heaven!!!!!!!!:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: I can't find an online retailer to order or I would go offfff, please tell me who';s ur pusher?

MURUMURU is the truthhhhhhhhhhhhh its the best butter for hair, period, end of story. I use that and avocado oil and its moisture heaven!!!!!!!!:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: I can't find an online retailer to order or I would go offfff, please tell me who';s ur pusher?

I get mine from www.sheabuttercottage.co.uk but she is based in the UK, so not sure about the shipping. I'm going to email her tomorrow and find out when she's likely to get some in, you've really convinced me now! :D

hey all, i got my murumuru butter through the post today!! so excited to use it, might just use it tommorrow i got mine from
http://www.vitalskincare.co.uk/akamuti-murumuru-butter-100g-p-3828.html
But you can also get it from here too http://www.akamuti.co.uk/products/new/murumuru-butter-100g/
Its by the same company. There both UK based so not sure if they ship outside of the UK. How have you all used the butter? I plan on using it as DC or a pre-poo, would that work ok?

Oooh thank you! I think I'll have to buy it from here, cause I can't wait to use this stuff.

I'm going to use it as a deep conditioner with a few drops of Argan oil. :)

PS: Please come back and let us know your results! :)

Oooh thank you! I think I'll have to buy it from here, cause I can't wait to use this stuff.

I will lol. I think il warm it up then mix it with some avocado oil and DC. Oh by the way, i only ordered it yesterday so delivery is hella quick!!

When i had it, I used it as a prepoo, mix it with conditioners and made a hair butter out of it. It was mah-velous dawlin, mahvelous! Im so mad there are no north american suppliers of murumuru. The place I used to get it from (new directions aromatics) stopped carrying it because many of their customers were complaining it was too natural and they wanted something more refined. They didn't want to refine it, because it was in a basically "virgin" state and had all the properties in tact. Lawd i miss it :cry:

When i had it, I used it as a prepoo, mix it with conditioners and made a hair butter out of it. It was mah-velous dawlin, mahvelous! Im so mad there are no north american suppliers of murumuru. The place I used to get it from (new directions aromatics) stopped carrying it because many of their customers were complaining it was too natural and they wanted something more refined. They didn't want to refine it, because it was in a basically "virgin" state and had all the properties in tact. Lawd i miss it :cry:

I love it!:lachen:

On another note.....WHAT! TOO NATURAL! I've heard it all..."No, don't give me the pure one, mess with it a little and then give it to me..." sheesh

This company ships murumuru butter to the states, but it's about $16, shipping included for 4 oz

http://www.theorganicbodycareshop.c...ID=1058&Brand=Akamuti&Product=Murumuru_Butter

And here's another too, that has bigger quantities

http://www.gardenstatenaturals.com/...2.html?zenid=72c2c5186a784aae1d399d722b3c7d53

LOL! They supply alot of companies who make products and it was too hard to work with in its raw state. A few in the office (read those with more melanin), when i went to go get my goods, were raving how good it was, but commented that the "buyers" didn't like working with it. BOO FOR THEM! Now its gonna cost 3905749857439853979 dollars to get my hands on some.:wallbash:

Last edited:

Cream Tee, this stuff is insane!! i used it today as a pre poo (warmed it up and mixed it with some avocado oil) and its left my hair sooooooo soft. Shampoo-ed it out with matrix biolage ultra hydrating shamp and DC with aussie 3 min reconstruction (loving the smellsss). My hair feels like heaven......murumuru butter....i salute you!

Ok... so I ordered both these butters and received them today.. the muumuu and the mowrah... I should just these as a prepoo... is that what yall are doing?

Okay yall... I used this last night as a prepoo...it's so light and makes my hair so SHINNNNY!!! I like this stuff.. it's a keeper.. I'm just mad about the expensive a$$ shipping from the Chemistry store...the shipping was 40% of my order!!

Okay yall... I used this last night as a prepoo...it's so light and makes my hair so SHINNNNY!!! I like this stuff.. it's a keeper.. I'm just mad about the expensive a$$ shipping from the Chemistry store...the shipping was 40% of my order!!
mowrah is what u got from the chemistry store?

Mowrah is my favorite butter. It is cheap, fairly easy to find and it has the best soft-solidity of any butter I have tried. I have tried murumuru and it was just okay. It was too hard and did nothing for my hair (until I mixed it with mowrah, smile) and I never reordered it.

Mowrah is my favorite butter. It is cheap, fairly easy to find and it has the best soft-solidity of any butter I have tried. I have tried murumuru and it was just okay. It was too hard and did nothing for my hair (until I mixed it with mowrah, smile) and I never reordered it.

Thank you!!!

Back