Most relaxed hairs do revert...at least somewhat...right?

zzirvingj

My question is about relaxed hair. If you go a long time without relaxing your hair, do the relaxed hairs seem to be less straight over time? Is there any amount of "reverting" that occurs over time at all?

I wonder about this because when I was relaxed, I used to think I had soooo much newgrowth. But then I thought to myself, since I believed my hair would get kinkier over time even if it was relaxed that I might be overestimating the amount of newgrowth I actually had.

In other words, some of the new growth wasn't new growth but in fact hair that had reverted somewhat back to being kinkier than before, and was blending in with my new growth making me THINK I had alot more than I really did.

Am I making any sense??? :confused:

My hair most of the time does. I only had it not do that once when I got it done and it was the best it was ever done.

what you are saying makes a lot of sense because I've been there, but I really don't have an explanation for it. I believe in my case I was just underprocessed every time. But see that's why stretching is good- just because of that.

I've never experienced this. Once I relax my hair is straight, that's it. It might look kinker depending on if I airdry, rollerset, or blowdry, but even if it starts to look kinky or wavy, it straightens back out in a few days.

But I have some friends who swear that their hair reverts so long after a relaxer. I'm pretty sure that they would love to hear some theories about this.

What your saying makes sense, but I just think that hair was underprocessed or somehow became extremely damaged. I've never had my hair revert. I once transitioned for 8 months before I BC'd and my relaxed ends stayed straight all the way through.

asubeauty said:
I've never experienced this. Once I relax my hair is straight, that's it. It might look kinker depending on if I airdry, rollerset, or blowdry, but even if it starts to look kinky or wavy, it straightens back out in a few days.
Same here. I think what many believe is reversion is really underprocessed/resistant hair.

I've always suspected this. But everyone says a relaxer is permanent and that's it. But to me, my hair is underprocessed yet but the relaxed ends do look less processed and more natural. I do a CW daily and my relaxed ends (which are fuzzy and never bone straight) get curly.

Back