BKT: my wave pattern did not come back

Here's basically what happens when you do a BKT:
-Chemical service (not required but strongly recommend for optimal results)
-Clarify
-Blow dry with brush
-Apply Keratin treatment
-Blow dry again with brush
-Flat iron hair on at least 450 degrees! passing through each section at least 10 times!
-Leave the hair alone for 2-3 days
-First wash w/ shampoo sans sulfates

Following how other people on here how they did the treatment wrong is what got me in trouble like the stuff you stated above...for my BKT treatment I did the whole 10 pass thing and all that crap and still ended up with my hair blowing up when I conditioned it in the morning. I emailed Dream Hair (BKT brand I used) and this is what they said.

Hi Dear,
OMG! Let me explain you what happened:
1- You don t have to apply the deep cleansing 3 times, that s too much, one time is enough, maximum 2 times, no more than that.
2- You don t have to leave the deep cleansing 10 min at the hair, the shampoo is just to clean the hair before the treatment.
3- After you wash the hair with deep cleansing shampoo, you have to dry almost 100% of the hair before you apply the product, it doesn t have to be completely dry.
4- Just after that you put the hair in 4 sections and start to apply the product. Is really important for you to know that you don t have to apply a lot of product to make a good result, don t use more than 3oz (if your hair is long) for a regular size hair 2 oz is enough.
5- After that you blow-dry 100% of the hair.
6- The flat iron is the must important part of the process. The temperature can be between 410 and 450 degrees and PLEASE, you don t have to pass the flat iron 10 times at the hair to make a good result, that s too much and you r going to burn your hair!!!! to make a good result you have separeted the hair in small sections.
7- You can wash the hair in the same day but we always indicate that you wait 24hrs to have a better result.
8- For "after treatment" you have to wash the hair with salt and sulfate free shampoo.
Let me know if you have any other questions. The best thing for you to do is to have another person to apply the product for you.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that, Moustacy. Those initial instructions are how it has been done per the Global instructions. I don't follow those instructions when I apply BKT for myself. But I've tweaked it for myself to find the best result. Good luck to you

Back