MOST GROWTH OBTAINED

What method do girls think is best method for maximum hair growth and lenght retentio

• sew in weave

Votes: 180 16.7%
  • weekly shampoos with deep conditioning

Votes: 329 30.6%
  • weekly shampoow w/ deep conditioning and cowashes daily or every other day

Votes: 262 24.4%
  • braids

Votes: 278 25.9%
  • dominican blowouts

Votes: 26 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mestiza said:
The only hair that I've ever worn is my own, so I had to vote for "weekly shampoos with deep conditioning." I don't use shampoo every week b/c I do many CO washes.
I agree...cw every 3 days w/ MTG

I think you have to find
what work best for your hair.
I'm a braid person
I love my braids
sometimes i feel like
I can't live without them lol

I say weave, my hair always came out longer and stronger when i used a weave. However my stylist does it horizontallty into that "beehive" shape, and ive never had a problem, however this might be because she braids it REALLY loose.

I got the best growth when i prepoo'd with coconut milk,shampooed and deep conditioned once a week and went to the dominican salon once a week for a wet set and to get my roots blown out.

my hair is growing quick recently because i have tweeked diet and stuck to my vits. i'm also washing every 3 days rather than 5 as my regrowth is gettin TUFF!!!

lots of water (inside and out)
no manipulation
just 4gettin bout it

Candy_C said:
lots of water (inside and out)
no manipulation
just 4gettin bout it

ITA! My hair has grown alot in the past few months, and the only thing I can think to attribute it to is diet (lots of protein and water)...protective styles with my own hair, and leaving it alone!

NYRICAN1 said:
I am trying to decide on whether to get a sew in or just stick to my regular regimen of wash, deep condition weekly, and co wash every other day. I got a lot of growth when I put my hair in a sew in for 3 months but also got some matting which I am still recuperating from the damage. Do you guys think I can get the same results without getting a sew in weave?

Nyrican,
without a doubt you can obtain the same results without a weave. In 2wks I have turned my hair around by doing weekly deep conditions, scalp massages and CWs, after slacking off my routine. I was looking through my photos and noticed that I have had at least 1/2-3/4" added to the length of my braids. I have treated my hair like silk and it has really paid off. 3mths is way too long for a weave, it will just causes you problems, especially if your hair is really thick.

HHG,
MeechUK

what worked for me are braids (cornrows or twists) and using mtg daily in between rows with baggy method and cowashing every 3 days now i just cowash once a week but keep the hair in twist and vits ( with everything combined i can easily get abnormal growth;the most i ever got was 2inches a month). i notice my hair grows very well with weaves i m planning to do a full sew in weave this month, mtg and monistat on the scalp and vits. I m rocking a huge BAA for now my hair is sooooo grown its weird to see my natural hair long but i m keep it hidden this year; for another week or two i m letting it out but cant wait to be waistlength. i m surprised my hair stays soft as i dont use shampoo just the praital cond and it makes my hair moisturized i dont add anything to go out on my fro no grease nothing its not oily it soft bouncy and moves with the wind and got sheen and shine lol

I believe braids have worked the best for me. I wear cornrows or micros and I moisturize EVERY day with surge or grease. I always seem to get great growth when wearing braids since I can leave my hair alone.

A sew in can give great growth but you really have to take care of your hair underneath so I say a sewin but wash your hair often and deep condition it underneath.

I've tried braids and done sew-in weaves too but what's working for me is...
wearing a fall:

I wash and deep condition my hair every 3 to 4 days and braid my own hair in about 8 plaits and leave a little of the front out, Oil with straight MTG. Once it dries I put on a satin bonnet with a stalking cap over that and then on that goes my quick weave or fall. I blend my hair with it and it looks natural. I don't sleep in it just wear it for my job and when I'm out. I like this regimen because when I want to do my hair I can. I love weaves but sometimes I feel I need to get my money's worth so I may leave it in longer than I should. Also I don't like the thead used for weaves.

Anyway I moisturize the ends of my braided hair and the part left out with BB Moisturizing Growth oil.

Here are the ingredients:I don't know what half the stuff it but Ilike it.:ohwell:

It has: Deionized water, soybean oil, glycerin, aloe barbadensis, leaf extract, polyquaternium 37 & Propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate & PPG-1 Ttideceth-6, Methyl Gluceth-10, Propylene glycol, PPG-3, Benzyl Ether Myristate, silk amino acids, dimethicone PEG-7 Olivate, polysorbate 80, polyquaternium 6, Growth Complex(Sage, horsetail, scull cap, amla, grape seed, ginkgo biloba, rosemary, saw palmetto, pygeum africanum, hibiscus and nettle) Diazolidinyl urea & iodopropunyl butycarbamate, fragrance

What are falls? Is that something like the instant weave stuff that I see in the BSS. I've been wanting to try the instant weave so that I can hide my hair another way besides the phony pony. Any suggestions? Is the instand weave a good way?

ivanay said:
3 months!! Whoa, that is really a long time to keep weave in. I would recommend the weave but take it out in 6 weeks, 8 MAX. You can get the same result without a weave but..., the constant manipulation of your hair might not protect the growth the same way as a weave or braid would. Look at Reniece album how she weave up her hair periodically and experience tremendous growth.

I agree with you about the length of time to leave a weave in. I am in the progress of gaining back(hopefully) my hair from weave addiction.:ohwell:

cluelessaka said:
I've tried braids and done sew-in weaves too but what's working for me is...
wearing a fall:

I wash and deep condition my hair every 3 to 4 days and braid my own hair in about 8 plaits and leave a little of the front out, Oil with straight MTG. Once it dries I put on a satin bonnet with a stalking cap over that and then on that goes my quick weave or fall. I blend my hair with it and it looks natural. I don't sleep in it just wear it for my job and when I'm out. I like this regimen because when I want to do my hair I can. I love weaves but sometimes I feel I need to get my money's worth so I may leave it in longer than I should. Also I don't like the thead used for weaves.

Anyway I moisturize the ends of my braided hair and the part left out with BB Moisturizing Growth oil.

Here are the ingredients:I don't know what half the stuff it but Ilike it.:ohwell:

It has: Deionized water, soybean oil, glycerin, aloe barbadensis, leaf extract, polyquaternium 37 & Propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate & PPG-1 Ttideceth-6, Methyl Gluceth-10, Propylene glycol, PPG-3, Benzyl Ether Myristate, silk amino acids, dimethicone PEG-7 Olivate, polysorbate 80, polyquaternium 6, Growth Complex(Sage, horsetail, scull cap, amla, grape seed, ginkgo biloba, rosemary, saw palmetto, pygeum africanum, hibiscus and nettle) Diazolidinyl urea & iodopropunyl butycarbamate, fragrance

hmmm, I just started using this on my daughter's hair and I must say it's the best product I've bought her so far.

Thanks ladies for this thread. I just got a sew-in for the first time on Friday and my hair is itching like crazy. My braids have loosened up for the most part but I have the urge to scratch. I have the beehive/horizontal braids as well. I need to tell my stylist about the vertical.;)

in my op. the longer your hair, the more matting you will have. i had a sew in a few years ago and left it in for 6 weeks. my hair matted terribly and the top never recouperated (still thin).

can you leave your sew-in on for a shorter time?

i'm debating on get a lacefront or fall to protect my hair for the winter and keep my hands (and relaxer) out of it!

For two months out of this year I cornrowed my hair and wore wigs. I didn't do anything to it except for spray it with S-curl, oil my scalp with WGHO and MTG. I gained two and a half inches. My hair was thick, my hairline was back and it was healthy. Then I got lazy and had to get it trimmed. :mad: I'm going to try it again.... and be more consistent with my vitamins (just flinstones and nioxin) and try to eat healthier (because of my fibromyalgia.)

I'm ready to grow some grass!:)

I wonder why the people who voted dominican blowout, haven't posted in this thread...:look: Or if they were even serious with their votes?

Anyways I chose weekly deep conditionings. I think that adding no heat and protective styling to that mix and the growth/retaining will be unstoppable.

Weekly washes( even every 5 days) and the deep conditioning for me. I am too scared to put in a weave or braids. Scared that it will break up my hair.

I would say wig wearing has its benefits over the summer I wore a wig strictly for 1 month and my hair grew 1.5 inches. I think it may be one of the only ways I can pull off protective styling. This winter I plan on wearing a wig for the month of December and only taking my hair out during the holidays. I just bought 2 new wigs so this should be enough to last me a while. I didn’t really moisturize my hair b4 and this time I still plan on co-washing 2wice a week and oiling my scalp with a caster/rosemary sage blend. I am hoping all of this combined will seriously push me to my goal, ill probably straighten my hair in Feb of next year to check for any results.

Back