Mom and BKT

winona

Hello Ladies,

Next week I am going to visit my mom.

BACKGROUND
Last year my mom had to do a BC because her natural hair had heat damaged VERY BAD:nono: after about a year of progress. She was recovering from perms that were thinning her very fine hair. She was very sad:cry: Fast forward my moms hair is should length natural AGAIN with no heat except dcing. She has had braids (micros) in since her BC. She loves straight hair and does not like what she calls "nappy" hair. (Uggghh I hate that word because of the connotation she uses it in). Anyway recently she decided she was going to try and take care of her natural hair by herself. In the past this has lead to frustration and heat damage.

I am thinking BKT might be for her and all the threads I found have not been updated in awhile. Is there anyone still out there who has had long term success with this treatment? Can anyone recommend a stylist in the Maryland area who can do this for my mama?

Sorry for the long post I just want to help her achieve long healthy hair.

I have been doing it myself for almost a year and I'm transitioning. I do my mothers too and she is relaxed. If she's looking for something that will help her straighten easily then bkt is the way to go! I live in the DMV and I don't know of anyone who does it in the area. I know the stylist I use to go to is starting training for it on Monday.

Thanks Monique. I want to order it the Soft Liss however I dont have anyone there that I can trust. I think I will put an ad out in LHCF for assistance when i wont be able to redo in 2-3months

Back