Moisturizing your Braid-outs

**WonderWoman**

Can I get some tips on how to keep my braid-outs moisturized & sealed with oil?

My hair soaks up s-curl pretty fast & I was hoping there was something better. :perplexed

Not that I'm the authority on hair ,heck I'm still learning
but I'd use a light water based moisturizer (when i did braid outs or twist out i would use NTM and seal with Africa's best herbal oil)

But now I've switched to Giovanni direct leave in but i have not done a braid out or twist out on my hair yet

I just did my first twist out last Sat. and it's still soft without being frizzy. I spritz my mixture of rosewater, glyercin and jojoba oil every morning and it stays soft. I haven't had to use anything else.

Thanks ladies. I have no problem with softness. My hair just looks dry & dull. I keep spritzing with S-curl or Ojon Revitalizing Mist or Jane Carter's leave-in revitalizer & each just makes my braid-out go limp. But then in a few hours my hair looks dry & dull again.

Hmph! Any ideas?

I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but AVOCADO BUTTER!! It keeps my braidouts soft, supple and shiny without weighing it down at all. I usually follow up with a little avocado oil just to give it that polished look, but it's not a must. HTH.

I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but AVOCADO BUTTER!! It keeps my braidouts soft, supple and shiny without weighing it down at all. I usually follow up with a little avocado oil just to give it that polished look, but it's not a must. HTH.

I am too...SHEA BUTTER...I wet my hair and complete my braidouts with SHEA BUTTER...and then lavishly coat my ends with SHEA BUTTER...my hair stays moist for a couple of days and my braid out keeps it shape...when my hair begins to loose it's shape, it's dry and I know it's time for a wash. HTH

Do you use the avocado butter to "set" your hair or do you use it after you take the braids loose?

Yeah! I wanna know that too. My problem is moisturizing after I've let the braids loose.

Gatcha on the AV Butter. Will be using it tonight!

Can I get some tips on how to keep my braid-outs moisturized & sealed with oil?

My hair soaks up s-curl pretty fast & I was hoping there was something better. :perplexed

How did I miss this thread?!? :perplexed I use Profectiv Growth Lotion. It's in an 8 oz bottle. I've been doing this for about 3 mos.

Is it in a spray bottle? If not, how do u apply it without messing up the wave patterns?

Are you talking about after you take your braidouts down? I've never applied anything. I put the growth lotion on while I'm braiding. It's usually very moistrized when I take them down. The ingredients in them are wonderful!:grin::yep:

My braidout pics below...

Attachments

• 051507_1609ba.jpg
    051507_1609ba.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 7
I have the same problem. I'm doing braidouts all the time and I use mango butter after braiding. When I take the braids down, they look all great and moisturized. BUT as the day wears on, hours later I can tell my ends are getting a little dry. I've tried to apply End All or mango butter on the ends during the day but that just makes my ends limp :nono:and they lose all curl (if i rolled them night before) I'm gonna try rebraiding at night and spritzing with some form of moisture (s curl, h20,ntm) before rolling. I love my braidouts but what will we do in the winter when hair will obviously dries out easier. :wallbash: Gotta get me some avocado butter-thanks Diya

Do you use the avocado butter to "set" your hair or do you use it after you take the braids loose?

Both, actually. I find my braidouts work best when I braid my hair after it has dried about 75% and is juuuuust damp. At this point, I add a generous amount of avocado butter---> braid---> sleep on it :grin:

When I wake in the morning, my braids have finished drying and I'll add just a touch more avocado butter to spruce it up and keep me moisturized throughout the day. You'll be amazed how long your hair will stay moisturized with this stuff!! Let me know how it works out for ya!

I have the same problem. I'm doing braidouts all the time and I use mango butter after braiding. When I take the braids down, they look all great and moisturized. BUT as the day wears on, hours later I can tell my ends are getting a little dry. I've tried to apply End All or mango butter on the ends during the day but that just makes my ends limp :nono:and they lose all curl (if i rolled them night before) I'm gonna try rebraiding at night and spritzing with some form of moisture (s curl, h20,ntm) before rolling. I love my braidouts but what will we do in the winter when hair will obviously dries out easier. :wallbash: Gotta get me some avocado butter-thanks Diya

Girl, I really think avocado butter is gonna SAVE me in winter because it's the only moisturizer I have that I don't have to reapply multiple times in the day. And with the harsh, drying winter winds, I know it's going to work leaps and bounds better than anything else I own!

Back