Moisturizing Questions

girlyprincess23

I have a few questions? I am so confused I can not find a moisturizer that actually leaves my hair moisturized all day...whether I seal it or not. It is either too watery for a rollerset or filled with mineral oil! I was just wondering if some of you ladies could chime in and answer these questions.

1. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your is wet? Do you seal it? If so with what?

2. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your hair is dry? Do you seal it? If so with what? Can you use it on flatironed or rollerset hair?

3. If you rollerset, do you moisturize and seal before you rollerset?

4. If you rollerset, how do you make sure not to get crunchy rollersets?

I ask these questions because I am really trying to nail down a simple regimen that works because my hair is not doing as well as it could be. I should probably ask the same questions about protein:rolleyes:

Thank You!!

1. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your is wet? Do you seal it? If so with what?
Moisturize with Motions Nourish Leave-in and Seal with Vatika Oil or Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil

2. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your hair is dry? Do you seal it? If so with what? Can you use it on flatironed or rollerset hair?
ORS Hair Fertilizer every day and I sometimes seal with Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil. When I roller set my hair I add ORS Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse

Yes and sometimes afterwards also.

If you are using setting lotion you will have to dilute it with water, but the ORS Mousse that I use gives me hold with the crunch.

Moisturize with Motions Nourish Leave-in and Seal with Vatika Oil or Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil

ORS Hair Fertilizer every day and I sometimes seal with Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil. When I roller set my hair I add ORS Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse

Yes and sometimes afterwards also.

If you are using setting lotion you will have to dilute it with water, but the ORS Mousse that I use gives me hold with the crunch.

do the motions or the ors products have mineral oil in them?

1. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your is wet? Do you seal it? If so with what? When my hair is wet, damp I use products depending on what style I'm gonna do for the week. When I baggie/bun I use Suave humentant conditioner as a leave in, and seal with avocado butter mixed with oils. When I'm doing a braid-out I use Rusk smoother leave-in and seal with avocado butter mixed with oils. When I'm doing my hair wet I go to the salon and only use Aveda anti-humentant.

2. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your hair is dry? Do you seal it? If so with what? Can you use it on flatironed or rollerset hair? I use HE-LTR leave-in, and seal with avocado butter mixed with oils. When I use to roller-set I used the same thing

3. If you rollerset, do you moisturize and seal before you rollerset? Yes

4. If you rollerset, how do you make sure not to get crunchy rollersets? I don't use setting lotion.

1. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your is wet? Do you seal it? If so with what? When my hair is wet, damp I use products depending on what style I'm gonna do for the week. When I baggie/bun I use Suave humentant conditioner as a leave in, and seal with avocado butter mixed with oils. When I'm doing a braid-out I use Rusk smoother leave-in and seal with avocado butter mixed with oils. When I'm doing my hair wet I go to the salon and only use Aveda anti-humentant.

2. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your hair is dry? Do you seal it? If so with what? Can you use it on flatironed or rollerset hair? I use HE-LTR leave-in, and seal with avocado butter mixed with oils. When I use to roller-set I used the same thing

3. If you rollerset, do you moisturize and seal before you rollerset? Yes

4. If you rollerset, how do you make sure not to get crunchy rollersets? I don't use setting lotion.

Do you do this like every day you have a rollerset?

I've recently discovered the wonders of water, aloe vera juice, and glycerine as a moisturizer. it's great! I did 1 part glycerine, 3 parts AVJ and 3 parts water and spritz it on. I seal with EVOO, castor oil for the edges and nape. I'm still working on EVCO since it makes my hair greasy

Yes, I moisture my hair regardless of the style atleast once a day. I just use less product depending of the style. The only time I might not moisture as much is when I wear my hair straight.

The pic in your siggy is outrageous.... I just burst out laughing in my cubicle at work! There's no way you could feel that bad in the AM. LoL.

I have a few questions? I am so confused I can not find a moisturizer that actually leaves my hair moisturized all day...whether I seal it or not. It is either too watery for a rollerset or filled with mineral oil! I was just wondering if some of you ladies could chime in and answer these questions.

1. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your is wet? I use either Giovanni Direct LeaveIN(no mineral oil, no petroleum) or HydraTherma Naturals Growth Lotion (no mineral oil, no petroleum). Do you seal it? Yes If so with what? I seal with Vatika Coconut Hair Oil :heart:

2. What leave in moisturizer do you use when your hair is dry? Exact same as above. No deviations whatsoever :yep:Do you seal it? If so with what? Can you use it on flatironed or rollerset hair? Yes

3. If you rollerset, do you moisturize and seal before you rollerset? I am current protective styling until December 31st, 2009. My big reveal will be around Christmas/New Year's....can't wait. Right now I am stretching, bunning, flat-twisting exclusively. I choose not to rollerset - for ME its simply too much manipulation...especially nearing the end of each stretch.

4. If you rollerset, how do you make sure not to get crunchy rollersets? N/A

I ask these questions because I am really trying to nail down a simple regimen that works because my hair is not doing as well as it could be. I should probably ask the same questions about protein:rolleyes:

Thank You!!

Good luck in your search! :yep:

I've recently discovered the wonders of water, aloe vera juice, and glycerine as a moisturizer. it's great! I did 1 part glycerine, 3 parts AVJ and 3 parts water and spritz it on. I seal with EVOO, castor oil for the edges and nape. I'm still working on EVCO since it makes my hair greasy

I am really considering trying this but I am scared as my hair does not usually fare well when I mix things up myself:nono:

Homemade Spray rose water, glycerine, aloe - I think I need to add a little conditioner. Add shea butter to ends seal with oil usually vatika frosting or vatika oil

I rollerset this weekend. I put advocado butter on and sealed with coconut oil. My hair is still soft and moisturized now.

I put on my leave in, sprayed each section and combed with the fine tooth comb, put a dab of grapeseed oil on ends. My hair was not as moisturized as I would have liked this time. It wasnt dry but I did not have much shine. I used a really light leave in. Last time I added a dime size amount of haiveda whipped cream as my leave in.

I am no expert. I have only rollerset 3 or 4 times. I think crunchyness would come from the product you use. You have to find out what your hair likes from trial and error. If I use too much product my hair will come out crunchy and/or weighed down. I have not used setting lotion but I highly doubt my hair would like it. I think the right combo for me is a small amount of creamy leave in with a little oil on the ends.

What leave in moisturizer do you use when your is wet? Do you seal it? If so with what?

HE LTR leave-in: If I air dry I seal with Africa's Best Herbal oil

What leave in moisturizer do you use when your hair is dry? Do you seal it? If so with what? Can you use it on flatironed or rollerset hair?

HE LTR leave-in or darcy's bontanicals transitioning creme (darcy's tucuma butter is good too; it's thicker so I'll use while I'm stretching). I don't flat iron, but I use chi silk infusion after my leave-in when I roller set.

If you rollerset, how do you make sure not to get crunchy rollersets?

I just use my leave-in and serum so it comes out soft & silky

Back