Moisturizing Dye for Natural Hair

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Hi Ladies,

I would like to dye my hair in the near near future. My hair is natural (4b) and I would like some suggestions on a what you thought/think is a pretty good dye for natural hair, one that won't dry my hair out too much.

TIA

I have only used Bigen Permanent Powder Hair Color on my hair in the past 6 years. I have used it while relaxed bone straight, transitioning, natural, texlaxed, and transitioning again, natural again. It has no peroxide or ammonia, so if you want to lighten your hair, this is not a good color as it only deposits color (darkens), and does not lighten.

It has always faithfully made my hair a beautiful, long-lasting color, doesn't dry it out, and actually seems to thicken it and make it stronger (probably due to the henna/indigo element). As for semi-permanent, Clairol Beautiful Collection is good, but it doesn't take well on my natural hair...on relaxed hair it did really well. HTH.

Clairol Texture and Tones or Revlon Colorsilk(if you are going for permanent). For semi-perm, ION(from Sallys) or Adore or KISS.

Back