Moisturizing DC VS Protein DC

Tafa01

Hi ladies!
I am comfused about the DC treatments. which ones are moisturizing and which ones are protein? can you post names? and are we supposed to use both the same week? or moisture one week and protein the other week?
I am 4b, freshly relaxed (as of yesterday) and new here.
Right now I have ORS replenishing packs and Joico Kpack moisture intense hydrator. What are these?
Tia!

Hi!

Welcome to the board! Moisturizing DC's are conditioners that have moisturizing properties, whereas the protien DC's contain protien that fills in the gaps in your hair shaft, helping to strenghten and restore damaged hair.

Some good Moisturizing DC's are:

Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Keracare Humecto
Hairveda Strinillah

Some good protien ones are:

Aphogee 2 min (light)
ORS Mayo (medium)
Aphogee 2 step (Heavy)
Nexuss Emergencee (Heavy)

What DC you need and the frequency depends on your hair's condition--There is no hard and fast rule. But please take a look at Sista Slick's articles and they should help you to undertstand what your hair may or may not need:

Moisture and Protien Balance:
www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html
www.associatedcontent.com/article/1476956/protein_and_moisture_balancing_in_black.html?cat=69

HTH!!!!

I do a protein/moisture balance for MY hair, everytime I DC, which is 3x a week. I use YTC(Yes to Carrots Mask) moisture, and Aphogee2 Minute reconstructor (light protein). Even my leave in coditioners I use a protein one and a moisture. MY hair likes the balance. You have to get to know your hair, and it will tell you what it needs. BTW I am 100% natural with a BKT (brazillian keratin treatment) HTH :yep:

And :welcome:

also for a (light) protein DC Aubreys Organics GPB conditioner gets rave reviews here
I'm planning to try it after I finish my aphogee 2 minute
another protein conditioner thats gets rave reviews is Joico K-Pak reconstructor
I haven't tried that either though

Back