Moisturizing Braids

Ajna

Hello ladies

I am hoping you all can help me out, I decided to install braids last week as a protective style to gain some inches. I went with the Marley twists and I really like it so far. The issue I am having is what do I moisturize these things with. The last time I had them was a few years ago and I had this great formula but of course I have no idea where I put it.

As such I am hoping you all have some recipes that may have worked for you. Generally, I have not had good experiences with premade braid sprays but I am open to trying them again.

Thanks!

I used to use the Stay-Sof Afro Spray when I had my hair in braids and twists: it keep my hair moist and take down was a breeze. And it rinsed easily to get rid of hair/scalp building but I would get the perimeter and crown redone every month.

If you want to make your own spray, you could use deionized water, aloe vera juice, glycerin, silk amino acids, pathenol powder and some oil or your favorite conditioner. You would probably have to keep it refrigerated and make a fresh batch but it would be good for your hair.

HTH!

Hello ladies

I am hoping you all can help me out, I decided to install braids last week as a protective style to gain some inches. I went with the Marley twists and I really like it so far. The issue I am having is what do I moisturize these things with. The last time I had them was a few years ago and I had this great formula but of course I have no idea where I put it.

As such I am hoping you all have some recipes that may have worked for you. Generally, I have not had good experiences with premade braid sprays but I am open to trying them again.

Thanks!

I use a Refresher Spray to moisturize mine. I like Soultanicals Kink Drink or Annabelle's Perfect Blends Refresher Sprays (I am LOVING these right now, will definitely reup when she opens back up). As far as on the ground refreshers, I haven't experimented with them yet but these are both great at moisturizing.

I use a Refresher Spray to moisturize mine. I like Soultanicals Kink Drink or Annabelle's Perfect Blends Refresher Sprays (I am LOVING these right now, will definitely reup when she opens back up). As far as on the ground refreshers, I haven't experimented with them yet but these are both great at moisturizing.

Aww man she is still on the "short break" ...sigh...
The Kink Drink sounds cool just because of the lavender water

I use a spray bottle filled with a squirt of condish and the rest with water. I spray it on in the morning and at night. The least amount of product I use in extensions, the less buildup I have at takedown.

I love Nu Gro Leave in Moisturizer as a moisturizer for braids or any kind of protective style. I even put it in an applicator bottle to moisturize my hair under a sew in

Back