moisturized hair without it looking all oily

Inches411

ok guys heres my problem... every so often when i comb my hair its sounds bad ... like its breaking but its not.. i deep condition every week.. use a light moisturizer on my hair at night but its seem especially when my new growth comes in its hard to keep it moisturized.. i use s curl mango butter you name it and its works for a lil while theni t just goes back to being hard and cruncy.. i use a gentle shampoo and good condition all the time and i am getting annoyed... my hair is growing well and i think this problem in particular is going to hinder the process. oh yea im relaxed and my hair is fine so i try not to use over moisturize cause i dont want it to look dull and flat but it dosent work... any suggestions.....

a spray moisturizer on relaxed hair... or are u just talking about my curly coiled roots?... im asking cuase if i spray something watery onmy relaxed ends on shaft it will mess up the style?

To me it sounds like you haven't found the right moisturizer/leave in.

Which ones have you tried?

Giovanni Direct is a good one. Maybe a liquid is better than creamy for you too. I like the liquid giovanni leave in as well... Giovanni Vitapro.

Do you use any oil to lock the moisture in? You don't have to use anything heavy, I don't like heavy oils in my hair myself. Jojoba is light and absorbs into my hair very easily... doesn't leave any residue, but it does its job.

I wouldn't clarify already dry hair unless it really needs it. Does it seem like you have build up?

ok guys heres my problem... every so often when i comb my hair its sounds bad ... like its breaking but its not.. i deep condition every week.. use a light moisturizer on my hair at night but its seem especially when my new growth comes in its hard to keep it moisturized.. i use s curl mango butter you name it and its works for a lil while theni t just goes back to being hard and cruncy.. i use a gentle shampoo and good condition all the time and i am getting annoyed... my hair is growing well and i think this problem in particular is going to hinder the process. oh yea im relaxed and my hair is fine so i try not to use over moisturize cause i dont want it to look dull and flat but it dosent work... any suggestions.....

Are you combing your hair dry? I HARDLY ever do that (perhaps only if my hair is flat ironed)...

Also, if mango butter is making your hair crunchy you probably need to try a new daily moisturiser. I use profectiv break free and love it...there are other good options too.

Also what conditioner are you using? Do you DC? Are you using a moisture or protein conditioner? if your hair is crunchy, you need to deep condition with a moisture conditioner. You are going to rinse this off so its not going to weigh your hair down.

One thing you need to be aware of is that it will take a lot of trial and error to have your final regimen, so try and be patient and keep switching things up till they are perfect for you and your hair.

I've been here for near two years and its only as of 8mths ago that i realised that i'd PJd my way into a good regimen:spinning:
HTH

Are you combing your hair dry? I HARDLY ever do that (perhaps only if my hair is flat ironed)...

Also, if mango butter is making your hair crunchy you probably need to try a new daily moisturiser. I use profectiv break free and love it...there are other good options too.

Also what conditioner are you using? Do you DC? Are you using a moisture or protein conditioner? if your hair is crunchy, you need to deep condition with a moisture conditioner. You are going to rinse this off so its not going to weigh your hair down.

One thing you need to be aware of is that it will take a lot of trial and error to have your final regimen, so try and be patient and keep switching things up till they are perfect for you and your hair.

I've been here for near two years and its only as of 8mths ago that i realised that i'd PJd my way into a good regimen:spinning:
HTH

yes i am combing my hair dry.. its relaxed... only time i comb it wet is when i wash it or have new growth i spry the roots till wet let it absorb and comb... combing relaxed hair wet doesnt make sense... the mango butter is not reallyt he problem... its the fact that my hair doesnt stay moisturized and i keep on having to reapply which in return leaves me with greasy oily limp hair..i hardly ever use protein.. i always use a moisturizing dc... imma keep trying but this is son annoying and frustrating..

yes i am combing my hair dry.. its relaxed... only time i comb it wet is when i wash it or have new growth i spry the roots till wet let it absorb and comb... combing relaxed hair wet doesnt make sense... the mango butter is not reallyt he problem... its the fact that my hair doesnt stay moisturized and i keep on having to reapply which in return leaves me with greasy oily limp hair..i hardly ever use protein.. i always use a moisturizing dc... imma keep trying but this is son annoying and frustrating..

It may be an idea to list what you use on your hair/ Post your regimen

I know for a fact that Mango butter makes my hair (and the hairs of quite a few ladies here) hard.
You might need to change that. My hair is also relaxed. But i comb when Damp. This works best for me.

And why are you having greasy oily and limp hair? Are you using too many products on your hair?

It may be an idea to list what you use on your hair/ Post your regimen

I know for a fact that Mango butter makes my hair (and the hairs of quite a few ladies here) hard.
You might need to change that. My hair is also relaxed. But i comb when Damp. This works best for me.

And why are you having greasy oily and limp hair? Are you using too many products on your hair?

umm because i use a lot of moisturizers to keep it from getting hard... mango butter actually doesnt do taht to my hair.. cause i notice with any other moisturzing product i use..... my hair just gets hard that after a period of time... my regimin is simple.. wash dc and rollerset once a week.. a few times in the week... i just put oil or some light moisturizer on my hair.. thats it.. nothing more ... u know what... i think i might know what it is.... i think its sweat... like if i sweat and let my hair dry i think that might be the reason...its dries out and becomes crunchy

suggestions:

Change combs. Get a shower comb. Jilbere at sallys.

Clarify. Use a clarifying shampoo to remove buildup so ur products will work better longer.

Hi!

This used to happen to me and I used to use the same combination of daily moisturizers. :wallbash: I dont anymore. I use ORS olive oil and my hair ALWAYS feels light, soft, and bouncy. Even after air drying. :drunk:

I think you should change your daily moisturizers to something a bit more light and creamy like ORS olive oil instead of S-curl since that will definitely weigh your hair down. And I thought I saw you mention that you let sweat dry on your hair? I do that sometimes (although I try to avoid it) and my hair NEVER feels dry and crunchy afterward. In fact, it feels more moisturized for some reason. But like I said I dont like doing it so I usually rinse sweat out of my hair after my work-outs. :grin:

Back