Moisturising Stretched Hair

snookes

Every time I spritz or use a water based moisturiser my hair it tangles and shrinks shall I stop doing it? Can anyone suggest how I can moisturise my hair in between wash days please ??

Are you spraying it and then twisting or braiding it to stretch it? Otherwise it'll just shrink.

Are you spraying it and then twisting or braiding it to stretch it? Otherwise it'll just shrink.
Spritzing after my stretch usually the next day or so. Should I not spritz anymore?

Ps is the shrinkage causing the tangles?

Spritzing after my stretch usually the next day or so. Should I not spritz anymore?

Ps is the shrinkage causing the tangles?
Spritzing is fine but depends on what you're Spritzing with and I would spritz and quickly stretch my hair out so it doesn't shrink.

For me at least, shrinkage causes tangles. All about management

How are you styling? I use a water based cream moisturizer but I do it in sections. I've found doing it in sections reduces tangling. I also use the praying hands motion which helps with stretching. I mostly wear braidouts and twistouts. I stopped spritzing or using a water based spray because of shrinking and tangling.

How are you styling? I use a water based cream moisturizer but I do it in sections. I've found doing it in sections reduces tangling. I also use the praying hands motion which helps with stretching. I mostly wear braidouts and twistouts. I stopped spritzing or using a water based spray because of shrinking and tangling.
That's a good tip. Thank you. I just put condish in palms and slather/rub it on all over. Will do in sections from now on :)

Back