Moisture Resistant Hair!!! Please Help!

AMC7590

I need help with my hair. I wash and deep condition my relaxed hair weekly, and I don't use heat on my hair, and yet when it comes around to
moisturizing my hair, the oil or leave-in will just sit on my hair making it oily while my hair itself remains or turns crunchy and feels like wire.
I get enough protein fomr my deep conditioner and yet i cant balance it out my moisturizing.
I have already switched products and still nothing.
The only time my hair feels moisturised is after I've finished washing it.

Anyone have any advice??

Hey welcome to the site:grin: What are you using for a moisturizer? What kind of conditioner(s) are you using? Maybe you have porous hair:ohwell: HTH

i would clarify as well. also, how did your hair respond to oils before? maybe you can find something besides oils that work for your hair.

Thank you for the welcome and the reply.:yawn:

I was have used Doo Grow Leave in Conditioner, Motions Leave In Conditioner, Afican Pride Caster and Mink Oil Hair Oil, Optimum Oil Therapy Hair and Scalp Quencher (Good Consistancy- Terrible Conditioner).
Im about to try Organic Root Stimulator Soy Hair Oil and Jojoba Oil
I moisterize my hair every 2-3 days.
I deep condition with Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise - What a God send this stuff is. Only time my hair ever feels conditioned and soft.

^^^when you say "moisturize" do you mean add more oil? if so that could be the issue. oil doesn't moisturize, it just coats... so unless you're putting it on wet hair, it's not really doing anything to moisturize.

definitely clarify if this is the case. :yep:

Which relaxer are you using?

When was the last time you've chelated your hair?

Do you sit under the dryer when conditioning your hair?

What does chelated mean? Is that a new method?
I dont use any heat on my hair, so no haet when I condition
I use PCJ, but im looking to switch my relaxer. Ive been looking into Phytospecific.
When i say moisterize i mean but in oil or leave in

Thank you for all the feedback so far!

What should I use to clarify? Should I do that, then wash and deep condition?

Kenra has a poo that clarifies and chelates at the same time. It's very gentle and does not strip the hair. It smells good too (like grapefruit). After that, I use Kenra Moisturing poo, then their Moisturizing DC.

I can't find Kenra here in the UK. The wesite doesnt ship either. Are there any other good clarifying lines I could use? Or anything from my good old fridge?

I add a little honey to all of my conditioners. That helps me. I clarify once a month to get rid of the buildup that blocks moisture from entering.

Back