Moisture Madness

InJesusName

I am having some trouble keeping my hair moisturized. I am still kinda new to this healthy hair thing, and I have some questions...

1) Which moisturizer do you use and how do you apply it?

2) What do you use to seal and how?

So far I tried pink oil moisturizer, but it dried my hair out. I tried BB and it weighed my hair down. I have been using S curl but only after I take my bun and baggie down. I see a lot of you mositurize twice daily. How are you doing that? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I use a lot of products but If I had to pick one for pure moisture it would be Silk Elements Moisturizer cream:)

ORS Olive Oil (jar), Mizan Rose H20, QB Sidr Tree Butter Balm.... I use these when wearing my hair flat-ironed

QB Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, Neutrogena Silk Touch...these I use when bunning.

A few other good ones that are raved about are Elasta QP Recovery, Profectiv Break-Free, ORS Carrot Oil.

HTH

Yeah, definitely not the pink oil moisturizer. I will NEVER use that crap again as long as I live. I like Elasta recovery, and then I seal immediately with kemi or coconut oil.;)

UBH Moisturizer is the best I have ever tried no other hair lotion can compare.
I usually seal my ends with castor oil or Barry Fletcher Liquid Moisture oil.

I've been S&C daily, and my hair is loving it!! So much moisture. Qhemet's products have given me the best moisture, ever!!

InJesusName said:
I am having some trouble keeping my hair moisturized. I am still kinda new to this healthy hair thing, and I have some questions...

So far I tried pink oil moisturizer, but it dried my hair out. I tried BB and it weighed my hair down. I have been using S curl but only after I take my bun and baggie down. I see a lot of you mositurize twice daily. How are you doing that? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

i had the same problem untill recently when i started using profectiv break free and profective healthy ends mixed together, then WGHO to seal...This has really really helped. My hair always feels soft and moisturised now.:)

trimbride said:
I use a lot of products but If I had to pick one for pure moisture it would be Silk Elements Moisturizer cream:)

Me too! Silk Elements Megasilk leave-in cream is my absolute favorite right now. When my ends need help I seal with WGO and rollerset with flexirods. Otherwise I use different oils like Dabur Vatika, Africa's or Hot Six to seal. :grin:

shunta said:
Yeah, definitely not the pink oil moisturizer. I will NEVER use that crap again as long as I live. I like Elasta recovery, and then I seal immediately with kemi or coconut oil.;)

ITA...that pink stuff. NOOO:mad: lol

When ever my hair feels dry, I go for the Jane Carter Hair Nourishing Cream or Norish & Shine, which can be used on relaxed or natural hair. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny even though I'm transitioning. Also the Qhemet Alma & Heavy cream works very well. With both of these products a little goes a long way.

HTH

I use Garnier Long and Strong Leave-In or Silk Elements leave-n and usually seal with Kemi Oyl.

I use:

Olive oil [edges]
Castor oil [edges-nape & ends]
ORS Olive Oil (jar) [scalp]
Mizan Rose H20 [overnight on ends when dry]
Coconut oil [seal]

Protective styles daily.

The best thing for my hair (so far) has been my spray bottle mixture (filled with distilled water, a few squirts of elucence moisture balance conditioner and a few drops of essential oils) I part my hair and mist daily. I swear I hear my hair and scalp say "ahhhh" :lol:.

InJesusName said:

How do you seal in the moisture effectly? Do you just add the oils to your hair right after you moisturize? Do you wait a certain length of time. My hair just seems to be so dry at times and whatever I use just weights my hair down. I see this especially when I blowdry (2X a month).

that pink oil moisturizing stuff is the devil.
throw that junk out- send it straight to hell. Ok I may be a little exaggereated, but for real, there is nothing moisturiaing about it. I think once you find one which many of lthe ladies has commented on, I use a few like ORS Olive oil, UBH dew and moisturizing creme, break free, infusium moisturizing, s-curl and so forth, you may want to baggy a couple nights a week overnight to lock in the moisture.

My hair was extremely dry when I first started and after 2 months I finally got to a place where my hair for once felt a little over moisturized. who would have ever thought with my hair!!!

with a lil trial and error you'll find the perfect one but that pink oil- hmph I don't know what that's good for.

Still a newbie at the product cocktails, but right now what I do is use Jojoba oil on my hair right after a wash,massage in a little bit of very watered down Pantene Relaxed and Natural Oil Cream Moisturizer, then mist over with S-curl, and seal the ends with more Jojoba Oil.

Do NOT use the Pantene on dry hair ever - it's like toothpaste! For dry hair, I just mix a little water with some oil in a spray bottle and use that. For now. Till the werewolf PJ in me strikes again...:sekret:

This is the mixture that I use when I can afford it s-curl, carefree curl, aloe vera juice, honey, glycerin, water, rose water, little oil emu preffered, and conditioner.

If Im on a budget this is what I do and it works just as good. Water, glycerin, rose water, and emu oil, and conditoner. HTH

B_Phlyy said:
I use Garnier Long and Strong Leave-In or Silk Elements leave-n and usually seal with Kemi Oyl.

OT: B Phlyy, I absolutely love your new avatar! The sight of all those products leaves me positively weak in the knees. :drunk:

Priestess said:
OT: B Phlyy, I absolutely love your new avatar! The sight of all those products leaves me positively weak in the knees. :drunk:

Lol, that's only a very small portion of my conditioner stash. If you saw everything, you'd probably start salivating or something.

I use Profectiv break free and jojoba oil. I use these when my hair is wet before I rollerset once a week. During the week I just use jojoba oil

Back