"Moist" hair?

• Thread starter Thread starter HoneyRockette
  • Start date Start date
H

HoneyRockette

\"Moist\" hair?

I must be the slowest person on this board because I never understand what people mean when they say their hair feels "moist." When I think of something being moist, I think of it being wet or damp. Do you simply mean that it does not feel dry? My hair doesn't feel dry but I can't honestly say it feels "moist" either. I will sit in the corner and put on my dunce cap if someone would just PLEASE explain this to me. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Re: \"Moist\" hair?

This may just be me - but when I say 'moist' I mean my hair doesn't feel dry or rough. It is smooth, and conditioned and there is no ravaged or raggedy feeling to the length and ends in particular.

Think of the Wanakee example - you know how she's described the ear of corn where the outer layers of the husk have been exposed to the air and they are lighter in color, dry and rough to the touch? Well it's the difference between that, and the look and feel of the inner layers. Soft and smooth - no rough feeling. The latter would be 'moist' hair by my definition.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

HoneyRockette,
What I think of by "moist" is that the hair has a supple feel to it. The hair is smooth and pliable without feeling brittle or rough. Hope this helps.

Pallas

I'd like to just cut in here and say there's a different between moist and greasy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Moist for me is my hair looks shiney, feels smooth and soft and feels like it's moisturized with out feeling greasy. There is a definite difference. Once you feel it...you'll know it.

When I say moist, I mean that my hair feels EXTREMELY soft to the touch and silky. You know how your hair feels when it's wet and you have on a conditioner that makes it very, very soft and silky? Well, THAT feel on DRY hair is what I'm referring to. I don't just mean that my hair doesn't feel dry....I mean it feels almost like it's wet and silky, but it is actually dry. It's hard to describe...I'm probably not making much sense. The Na-PCA spray from Twinlabs gives my hair that feeling.

I too think about the silk inside a ear of corn when I say moist. It feels soft, pliable, smooth and healthy - kind of like the moisture is inside the hair shaft itself. Yep, moist is not greasy like HR said.

Back