MN new growth PIC thread

shadylane21

Hello all I would like to see some pics and help others out there who want to see the effects of growth aids. So I am starting it off.

Growth aid-MN 2% wal-mart generic
How long i've been using- about 2 1/2-3 weeks
How often- every other day

I am 4 weeks post relaxer and I never have newgroth this early.

This is actually from september but this is what my hair usually looks like around 3-4 weeks post.

This is now, actually a couple of days ago.

:needpics:

I am still new and I am on my first 10 week stretch thinking it would be all good! But know I think this is going to be a challenge with using this MN and having 6 weeks to go:grin: I will be doing my first henna tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

How much newgrowth does this look like I am really bad at measuring?

I don't own a camera, but my now 5 weeks post hair got the "it's time for you to relax your nappy hair before it breaks off" comment from my mom a week ago. There are parts of my new growth that are at about an inch and a quarter.

I'm ignoring my mom and going for 10 weeks (I would go for 12 but that would mean me having to have out of control naps for Christmas, then the whole family would feel the need to get on the "you need a touch-up" bandwagon).

Last edited:
You have some great growth there. I'm still over here laughing at your husband making faces in the mirror while taking your progress pictures! :grin:

WOW! That is some nice growth there, Shadylane!

And how cute are your ponytails?!

Can't wait to get started with mine after my relaxer on Wednesday; 11 weeks post! :wink2:

It is vaginal creame for yeast infections, sounds gross and off the wall but it really works! After all penicillan was discovered from moldy cheese and we use that.

Wow good growth Shadylane. I have been using MN for about 6 weeks now and the growth is unbelievable! Will post pics later in the day.

I had a d'uh moment yesterday, so I had been "using" my MN the last few weeks, when I took out my weave to re-do it I had a lot less growth than I've been used to and wasn't best pleased.

Anyways last night I was applying my MN or so I thought and realised the tip of my applicator bottle has been clogged and I think its been clogged for a few weeks:perplexed and I hadn't realised I thought it was winter which is why my scalp seemed to be drying out, anyways sorted now and back on it!:grin:

I'm Transitioning so I'm about 3 mo post. I was 2 1/2 or so in these pics.

I use BT off and on...:look:

S7300077-vi.jpg

S7300070-vi.jpg

I had a d'uh moment yesterday, so I had been "using" my MN the last few weeks, when I took out my weave to re-do it I had a lot less growth than I've been used to and wasn't best pleased.

Anyways last night I was applying my MN or so I thought and realised the tip of my applicator bottle has been clogged and I think its been clogged for a few weeks:perplexed and I hadn't realised I thought it was winter which is why my scalp seemed to be drying out, anyways sorted now and back on it!:grin:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: girl i have been there the only difference is I sprayed it in my eye trying to see what was wrong with it ..

I am still new and I am on my first 10 week stretch thinking it would be all good! But know I think this is going to be a challenge with using this MN and having 6 weeks to go:grin: I will be doing my first henna tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

How much newgrowth does this look like I am really bad at measuring?

Girl... I feel you! I was trying for a twelve week stretch. I found out on Monday I had to go to a dinner on Wednesday. I had so much new growth (over an inch in spots) from the MN and the vitamins, I ended up doing an ORS Relaxer on Tuesday.

Girl... I feel you! I was trying for a twelve week stretch. I found out on Monday I had to go to a dinner on Wednesday. I had so much new growth (over an inch in spots) from the MN and the vitamins, I ended up doing an ORS Relaxer on Tuesday.

I am trying my best to hold out, I have my appoinment scheduled on Dec 20th and I can't wait. Silicon mi has been my friend lately.:lick:

wait a minute. does different mn give different growth?

I don't know for sure because I came to LHCF and MN bus late. But, some folks suggest that you get more growth using the Family Dollar brand. I can't say if you do because I started off using the family dollar brand. I am getting 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches of growth per month.

I don't know for sure because I came to LHCF and MN bus late. But, some folks suggest that you get more growth using the Family Dollar brand. I can't say if you do because I started off using the family dollar brand. I am getting 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches of growth per month.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! Im going down to albany this weekend im gonna stock up on the family dollar brand!!! how are you applying it?? are you mixing it with anything?

Back