Mizani or affirm relaxer

lennet93

I was just wondering what has been everyones experience with mizani or affirm? My stylist suggested that I use mizani or affirm for my next touch up. I've been using motions for a while now. I honestly do not know the diffrence between motions and mizani/affirm. I just need a little insight. Thanks in advance. :)

Well, when I used Affirm it was good but my stylist at the time knew she had to really smooth my newgrowth and let it thoroughly straighten my hair. If not it would come out underprocessed. Mizani left my hair straighter and I didn't have to leave it in as long. And my hair was pretty silky. Plus, I was able to relax every 10 instead of 8 weeks with Affirm.

I hate affirm relaxers, i used the lye once and the no lye once and my hair was so thin,flat and lifeless. I used Mizani years ago when i used to like my hair bone straight and i remembered really liking it but i dont really remember why:ohwell:

Affirm made my hair too straight. I believe it was too strong for my fine hair. I switched to Mizani for fine hair and my hair was much better. It left enough texture in my hair for me to wash n go.

ETA: My mom has had Affirm in her hair for the past 3-4 years and she hasn't had any problems. Her hair is really thick and long.

I USED MIZANI FOR OVER 10 YEARS. IF YOU WANT SUPER STRAIGHT HAIR, MIZANI IS A GOOD CHOICE. I DECIDED TO GIVE AFFIRM A TRY LAST TIME I RELAXED AND I WAS HAPPY WITH THE RESULT. I HAD BODY AND MY HAIR WAS STRAIGHT, BUT NOT FLAT AND LIMP. THE THING WITH AFFIRM IS YOU MUST BE SURE THAT IT'S SMOOTHED IN WELL, AND BE SURE THAT THE LAST SECTION IS STRAIGHT BEFORE RINSED, OR IT WILL SURELY BE UNDERPROCESSED.

WITH THAT SAID, I PLAN ON GIVING PHYTO A WHIRL BEFORE I MAKE A FINAL CHOICE AS TO WHICH RELAXER I WILL STICK WITH.

I use Mizani for fine/color treated hair (even though my hair is neither fine nor color treated). I've been using that for 6 years and I like it. I don't remember if I've ever used Affirm.

When I was relaxed I used Mizani for sensitive scalp for a few years and was fairly satisfied with it, but for some reason my stylist switched to Affirm and my hair went down hill afterwards. It became very fine and limp after a few touchups. Of all the relaxers, Design Essential was the best for my hair.

I have used Mizani for 2-3 years and it the the BEST straightener that I have ever found. My hair is very silky and bone straight.

HTH,

L

I have not had the opportunity to use Mizani yet. I want to try it at my next relaxer but I think I've switched too many times in the last year. Affirm, however, was NOT a good choice for my hair. My hair was dry and flat. Hated it! I have 3 friends who use that relaxer though and their hair looks pretty good! Oh well..

Back