Affirm Fiberguard or Affirm*

Nikki

I will be purchasing the affirm relaxer line, By experience I wanted to know which is better... The reg. affirm or the Fiberguard. I will purchase one in mild.... Also, how does it compare w. the Mizani mild... Please try to reply before 7 pm, i'm going after work to make the purchase...

Thanks in advance LHCF ladies :wave

I've used affirm regular, affirm fiberguard, mizani sensitive scalp, and mizani mild. Mizani sensitive scalp is the best straightener but will dry your hair out because it is no-lye. Fiberguard led to dry, frizzy hair and a lot of shedding. Mizani mild is my current texturizer but it doesn't get my hair anything close to straight (4b/a). Affirm regular burnt me like crazy.

So I'd recomment mizani sensitive scalp if you want nice straight hair and can combat the dryness. I'd recommend mizani mild if you're more concerned with health than straightness.

I too experienced lots of shedding from Fiberguard mild, but it was no-lye. I also had scalp irritation with Fiberguard. I currently use Affirm Lye Mild and I love it.

[ QUOTE ]
Nikki said:
I will be purchasing the affirm relaxer line, By experience I wanted to know which is better... The reg. affirm or the Fiberguard. I will purchase one in mild.... Also, how does it compare w. the Mizani mild... Please try to reply before 7 pm, i'm going after work to make the purchase...

Thanks in advance LHCF ladies :wave

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I forgot to mention I will be switching to lye...

DahomeyAhosi, Both you and your sister have Beautiful hair... I actually used the Mizani no-lye I;m not sure if she put reg or super but I had a very, very bad experience with it... I liked the way my hair felt but it was thinning badly... so if The BSS carries it I may try the Mizani Mild In "LYE"... Thanks a bunch..

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
I too experienced lots of shedding from Fiberguard mild, but it was no-lye. I also had scalp irritation with Fiberguard. I currently use Affirm Lye Mild and I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

o.K. so Fiberguard is not the way to go.... By the way I was checking out your photos and your hair is very pretty...

I have to give my vote to Affirm lye mild, my retouched hair felt very soft and silkier and more moisturised than with the Fiberguard system, which made my hair tangle a lot and shed more.

I am a recent affirm lye mild convert and I LOVE LOVE it for my 4b hair -- soft, smooth as silk, moisturized, bouncy . . . I could go on and on. My dominician stylists uses the mild and somehow it gets my resistant hair nice and straight -- about 90% so that I have a bit of "spring". I have had 2 touchups with this and I'm loving it. I will not be going back the design essentials relaxer. I will NEVER use no-lye relaxer again -- baaad experience with no-lye about 3 years ago . . .I don't want to talk about it . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Nikki said:
[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:

[/ QUOTE ]

o.K. so Fiberguard is not the way to go.... By the way I was checking out your photos and your hair is very pretty...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Nikki

Thanks a bunch ladies, I appreciate your response.... I am striving more towards the affirm LYE in mild.. I will keep you guys posted... on my my choice and will update w/ pic

I've tried both and I'd have to say I like the fibreguard hands-down. My hair is very fine and the Affirm mild really underprocesed me each time I used it. The Fiberguard on the other hand seemed to moisturize my hair very well. also it didn't take out the natural wave in my hair even after leaving it on for roughly 17 minutes. I used the regular strength. I've heard many stories about underprocessing with the mild formula, so I steered clear of that. My hair is in the best condition ever with this relaxer
smile.gif

Back