Mizani no lye relaxer for sensitive scalp

tangie8277

Hi ladies,
I have a really important question. My hairdresser put a no lye relaxer in my hair two times within the past 4 months. Initially I thought this was the best thing that ever happened to me. However, my hair is so dry now. No matter what I do, it is dry, even after I used the conditioners recommended on this site. My question is, if I switch back to Affirm lye relaxer will it take out my hair and do I need to grow out the no lyer first? Also, if I continue to use the no lye relaxer can someone suggest a way to moisturize my hair? I'm really in need of some help, so if you nay sayers of no lye could keep your "that's why I don't use no lye comments to a minimum I would really appreciate it. I'm really worried about the health of my hair.
Thanks for understanding

lol- i'm not going to get on a no lye soapbox bc i too have switched to nolye bc it doesnt burn as much.

anywhoo, you can switch back to lye. it wont take your hair out and you don't have to grow out the no lye first.
to moisturize i would spray with water daily or twice daily then seal in the moisture with oils or creme moisturizers like elasta mango butter or humectress.
also, you should preshampoo and deep condition with moisturizing conditioners like kenra or nexxus.
hth

Back