Mizani honey shield

GettingKinky

Has anyone used this to protect their previously relaxed hair? I'm looking for something good to protect my hair during my next touch up. When I use oil my stylist says it's hard to rinse out and that the relaxer "sticks" to it. As my hair gets longer I really want to be vigilant about protecting it.

My last touch up I used conditioner and serum, but I'm not sure if the honey shield would be better.

Ive never used it but Ive considered buying and trying it. I used vaseline the other day for my tu. It was not hard to shampoo out. The relaxer didnt stick to it, and I add a generous amount of oul to my relaxer for less processing (to get a texlaxed result). Hope other ladies who've tried it can chime in. Hate to buy that big bottle then not like it, but my SIL has some and loves it. She's relaxed with fine hair, and a stylist.

I want to know the same thing. I have seen videos on youtube where ladies have you Paul Mitchell conditioner on their strands. I would do a search there too.

I have used it. I think it worked great although as with anything that coats your hair to protect from the relaxer,then it is hard to part the hair in order to apply the relaxer and smooth it. It's key to part your hair well beforehand. I don't remember the relaxer sticking to it.

I have used it. I think it worked great although as with anything that coats your hair to protect from the relaxer,then it is hard to part the hair in order to apply the relaxer and smooth it. It's key to part your hair well beforehand. I don't remember the relaxer sticking to it.

danysedai is the consistency of the honey shield just like conditioner or is it super thick?

^It's watery.... Like a rinse out conditioner.... I use the honey shield mixed 50:50 with Roux PC to protect my ends... never over processed my hair.... The key is topart first before you apply the conditioner else you cant part your hair.

^It's watery.... Like a rinse out conditioner.... I use the honey shield mixed 50:50 with Roux PC to protect my ends... never over processed my hair.... The key is topart first before you apply the conditioner else you cant part your hair.

judy4all why do you mix the honey shield with Roux PC? I was planning to prep my hair before work and then put it in a bun since my appointment is right after. But that doesn't sound practical if you have to part your hair first.

I mix it with Roux PC because it is specially made to keep the cuticles closed... the PH of Roux PC is around 4.5 and it will keep it there.... Relaxers work by lifting the PH of the hair to around 10-12, which raises the cuticles and then breaks down the protein before the hair can be reshaped....

I figure since the Roux PC is formulated to keep the hair's PH down, even if I go over it with a relaxer, it would work to prevent the relaxers from working...

I also figure mizani hires really good chemists to make their products .. so the honeyshield must be effective (at least in the lab).... hence why I mix them 50:50.

This is how i do it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgPuPyiVcU&list=UUX4Xtry9NRDViYz9nFLNeFA

Just looked at this in my Stash. I currently use Affirm's Preservo.

GettingKinky did you ever end up trying this?

I will use it since I have it. I do like/love Preservo, but won't reup on it until I use this 33.8 bottle of Honey Shield.

Back