Mixing Essential/fragrance Oils Into Homemade Products

VinDieselsWifey

is anyone a pro at making your homemade products smell good? i have plenty of fragrance oils & essential oils but i can't seem to make my products smell good. :wallbash:

it's like i can smell the fragrance oil & the strong herbal smell at the same time. i don't want to use too much scent, but i don't want to smell like those herbs either. i have glycerin & polysorbate 20. i wonder if they would help to fix the scent into the product?

I have just started purchasing Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Lemon Ecypultus(Sp?) and Lavender French and I have just been adding in the oil after I added all the rest of the product. I start with about 5 drops smell it and then move to 2 drops at a time. I haven't had really any that were way too overpowering. I also add a bit of water to thin them out a bit.

seriously, it takes practice and time to learn what to mix up, how much of an oil to put into something, and what oil would go best with what type of mixture. my fiance sells shea butter and he is a PRO with oils, what to mix and how much of it to mix in. i tried to make a hair butter with essential oils....yeah it didn't come out so hot lol.

i don't know if the glycerin will do anything....

also you have to check the quality of the oils you are using. there are some expensive but great oils where you only need to use a bit, and then there are some cheaper ones that you'd probably have to dump in darn near the whole bottle to get a whiff.

where do you get your oils from?

i buy my oils from camdengrey.com & fromnaturewithlove.com

i can scent up my homemade butters pretty easily but my herbal hair oils are hard to scent up.

i guess i have a lot of research to do about what mixes well together and how to make the scent stay in the product

Back