Misting Bottles

Laginappe

Ok here’s what I learned today! Not all pump misting bottles are created equally! Some dispense a lot of product, while others dispense a true fine mist. But the problem is, how do you know which is which when you’re in the store buying one?

I bought a pump mister at The Container Store yesterday. It cost a little (tiny) bit more than the similar bottles I’ve purchased in the BSS, but I can tell that the extra fifteen cents or so was totally worth it. The bottle I bought yesterday dispenses a super fine mist. While the bottles I’ve purchased in the past dispensed a thicker mist. It makes a huge difference when you’re trying to moisturize, but still preserve a press or a flat iron. I’m currently wearing protecive buns everyday, but my sister is wearing Hairlocs extensions. She’s relaxed, wears her hair flatironed, and she has about a half inch of new growth. She only washes once a week and I’ve been trying to find a way for her to moisturize her roots, while preserving her flat iron. So tonight I misted her roots with my new bottle using a moisturizing combination that I got from another poster here on the forum. The fine mist worked great! She can moisturize – even though it’s a wet moisturizer – and while she got enough to work, its not enough to puff up her roots.

So I’m going to stick with the nicer bottles from The Container Store from now on – at least for situations like these. I’ll save the BSS mister bottles for stuff that I actually do want to dispense more of!

Just thought I’d share!!

Oh, here’s a link to the bottles I purchased. They only run from .99 – 1.69!!

Container Store - Translucent Mister Cylinder Bottles

I like those as well. I purchased mine from Walmart for about 39 cents for the smaller bottle.

Something I've been thinking about trying is one of those pumping bottles sold in the kitchen gadget area in Walmart. The pumper allows pressure to build up in the bottle so that when you spray you get a fine mist that is similar to the mist you get from an aerosol can. I use this on the few occasions when I bake rolls to evenly distribute a thin layer of oil when coating my bread pans/cookie sheets.

Thanks for the review Laginappe!

Oh how funny....In July, I replaced all of my fine & super fine misting bottles for SUPER SOAKERS
laugh.gif
! I'm transitioning with no heat... so having very moist hair most of the time is best for me
cool.gif

I do however have a 2 oz sized fine misting bottle for those quick touch ups when I'm at work
cool.gif

When I advised my neighbor to keep her flat iron'd styles moist, she looked at me like I was crazy
crazy.gif
. Then I gave her 1 of my super fine misting bottles to use... Now u can't keep her from misting her heat styles
smile.gif

I bought my small bottle years ago from Walmart (it needs replacing soon though). I love it because it sprays a fine mist instead of a stream. That makes all the difference in the world! A fine mist doesn't revert my flatironed hair as much as a stream would.

Thanks for bringing this up Lag because I think a lot of people that wear their hair pressed/flatironed would benefit form knowing this.
smile.gif

Now see... I just don't get it! The misting bottles I've purchased over the years from the BSS and Target etc have never been fine enough. They always deliver a heavy heavy mist / stream!! I guess I've just been unlucky when I've picked them out of the bin! Shoot!

I wish I could sneak somewhere in the store, fill the bottle up and test drive it before I buy it! Naaaah, I'll just stick to the sure thing at the Container Store!

Hmph. My favorite misting bottle broke last week. Then again, I had it for so long. I plan on replacing it in January some time.

ooh Igot this bottle and the mist is incredible. (Its so good it Makes ya wanna slap ya mamma, lol.) I would neva do that in my life GODFORBID!!!!!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nessa said:
ooh Igot this bottle and the mist is incredible. (Its so good it Makes ya wanna slap ya mamma, lol.) I would neva do that in my life GODFORBID!!!!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

Unfortunatley, my small bottle from Walgreens broke recenty after less than a year.
mad.gif

The leave-in that I use, Elasta QP H-2 has a fine mist. So I just save the sprayer from the bottle. I've found that the smaller, skinier the wick(?) the finer the spray.

Back