Miss Key Diez y Uno

jazzyfunknastee

Does anybody use/have used this? I'm not sure whether this is a protein conditioner or moisturizing. The ingredients are in Spanish (it's a Dominican condish) and my reading Spanish is reeeeaaaaally rusty (so is my spoken Spanish but we ain't gonna talk about that right now
grin.gif
) so can anybody translate the ingredients for me if they have it?

TIA!

I have Miss Key 10 en 1 (diez y uno) SUPER Rinse. It detangles my hair like nobody's business. I think it smells good. I use this mainly when I do a conditioner rinse.

Oooh Allandra, I don't have the jar. I didn't buy it since I wasn't sure what it was. But thanks for the linkage.

As for the Super Rinse, is that in a bottle or jar? The one I'm talking about is tannish/beige in color and in a jar.

The Miss Key Ten en One SUPER RINSE comes in a bottle. Mine is a 16 ounce size. It sounds like you're referring to the Miss Key Ten en One CONDITIONER. I've seen that as well, but I didn't purchase it.

I have the 10 en 1 Super Conditioner in the jar. I thought it was a protein conditioner because hydrolyzed wheat protein is low on the ingredient list and my hair feels kind of hard after I rinse. No worse than a cholesterol conditioner, though. I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair is fine. If the company is saying it's supposed to be a moisturizing conditioner... umm... err... that's messed up!
laugh.gif

I believe its a moisturizing conditioner because it has many moisturizing ingredients and it leaves my hair soft. I use the super conditioner and the rinse and both are very moisturizing. I think just because something has protein in it does not mean it is a protein conditioner. Most of the ingredients, if they are in spanish are easy to decipher like Alcohol Cetilico=Cetyl Alcohol. The other ingredients are just chemicals that we couldnt read if they were in english. Also if the hydrolized protein is low on the list of ingredients, the LESS protein the product contains meaning it should be ok as a moisturizing or deep conditioner since most of them contain protein anyway. Plus the description on the back of the jar seems to say that the conditioner treats dry and damaged hair due to the sun and hair color. Doesnt sound like the explanation for a protein conditioner to me.
Key ingredents are: Cetyl Alcohol, Ceatryl Alcohol, Hydrolized wheat protein, Dimethecone, glycerin, Propolene Glycole. These are not all the ingredients but these are most.

I consider this a protein conditioner because of the way it makes my hair FEEL. My hair feels stronger, but rougher -and I MUST use a moisturizing conditioner or rinse after.

But it works like a wonderful protein conditioner. It does have some moisturizing ingredients, so on some people's hair you mayn't need to finish with another cond., but I would the first time around to be safe and then play with it after that.

The conditioner does say that it is for sun damaged and color treated hair. Both conditions are treated with reconstructors by Spanish women - otherwise known as protein conditioners. Many Spanish women have also recommended that I add Olive Oil and Lecithin to this cond to make it extra potent. I'm not a mixer
laugh.gif
so I haven't tried it.

Re: Miss Key Diez En Uno

MY GIRLFRIEND BOUGHT ME A JAR OF MISS KEY'S DIEZ EN UNO (10 EN 1) CONDITIONER LAST WEEK! SHE HAD SPOKEN ABOUT HOW WELL THIS CONDITIONER WORKED A FEW TIMES AND OFFERED TO PICK ME UP A JAR! MY STYLIST APPLIED IT TO MY HAIR AT MY LAST VISIT (SAT UNDER THE DRYER FOR 15 MIN W/CAP) AND THEN SHE PROCEEDED TO MASSAGE MY SCALP WHILE THE CONDITIONER WAS IN! THAT WAS THE BEST PART!
MY HAIR FELT SMOOTH AND SILKY AFTER RINSING!

THIS CONDITIONER IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
AS FOR ME, THERE'S NO TURNING BACK!

~AMBERSKYE~

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase this product? I'm interested in trying the super conditioner as well as the super rinse. I did a search and I couldn't find where to purchase. I did come across the tropical website where they sold the tropical avocado conditioner in the white jar with green lettering. It says it is the original one. Has anyone tried this brand because i hear there is a difference between the the dominican and the venezeula brand. Your input is appreciated.

HEY FANCY PANTS007,

SOME BEAUTY SUPPLY SHOPS HAVE A DOMINICAN/INTERNATIONAL SECTION, WITH A VARIETY OF PRODUCTS; WHICH USUALLY INCLUDE THE MISS KEY DIEZ EN UNO CONDITIONER AND THE AVOCADO CONDITIONER(S)

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

GET BACK :)

~AMBERSKYE~

[ QUOTE ]
I did come across the tropical website where they sold the tropical avocado conditioner in the white jar with green lettering. It says it is the original one. Has anyone tried this brand

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried this one. The label says it's made in the USA--Brooklyn,NY to be exact. It doesn't even come close to the Dominican version, IMO. It's ok for conditioner washes, though.

I live in the Maryland area. I called the Lucia's Dominican salon in Silver Spring, MD and they said they use the products, but they're not for sale. I asked where I could buy them and she said in the New York area. I have the phone number for the Uptown Beauty Supply, maybe i call and speak to George to see what help i can get. Thanks for responding. I particularly became interested in the products based on Allandra's comment regarding Miss Key Super Rinse..... "it detangles my hair like nobody's business". My hair is natural and it is a bear to detangle. So if I can find something that can help me it would be great!

Fancypants007,

I have relaxed hair. I'm not sure if that's why 'it detangles my hair like nobody's business' or not. Maybe some of the ladies with natural hair can chime in on this one (that use this product). Oh yeah, Sassygirl is natural. Does it detangle your hair good Sassy?

I'm only half natural.
laugh.gif
It's quite a sight... I frighten myself sometimes...
rofl.gif

But no, the 10 en 1 doesn't detangle my hair. I definitely have to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner if I want to comb my hair without pain and handfuls of hair in my comb. I thought it was protein conditioner. Maybe I should be afraid of this stuff..

Sassygirl,

I just re-read your post about you having the Super CONDITIONER. I have the Super RINSE (which is used to bust out the tangles).
laugh.gif

I'd have to agree with Tracy's comments, I would consider it a protein conditioner. I usually mix it with olive/jojoba oils. I have used it without following with a moisturizing conditioner. But, of course the results could vary from person to person. It's a keeper for me.

[ QUOTE ]
I have the Super RINSE (which is used to bust out the tangles).

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH!
I keep forgetting there is more than one kind 10 en 1 product!

I used the super conditioner last night about 3 0z's mixed with a tablespoon of olive oil for 25 mins w/ a shower cap and no heat... and i found it extremely moisturizing. I'm keeping this as my staple to alternate with Lekair cholesterol for deep moisturizing condits.

I really like this stuff!!!!
grin.gif
My hair was detangled and soft feeling upon rinsing, I achieved very good results. I finished with S&S just for the hell of it and it softened my hair even more!

Back