Back from PR with a SPECIAL TREAT! [long]

Starian- Yea, caffeine is bad... m'kay!

Isis
- Aww dang I wish that I knew her shop's name! All I know is her name. If I get really desparate, I will call my friend that I met there to get more.

MonaLisa- There is a huge section of Dominicans! But I don't think that Kuul is Kuz-- the label said "Kuul." I am going to have to look at the label of Kuz and see if it is anything similar to the one I saw in PR.

My friend is going to PR in two weeks I am going to get her to bring me back some of that Rivas silicon, I am so excited about it.

Anky, I'm so jello that you had such a great hair experience on your vacation! :spank: I wanna go too! LOL! :lol: There's actually quite a few Dominican salons in Miami, and there's a really nice Dominican beauty supply that I discovered right by my house, but every time I walk in I get overwhelmed by the choices, can't read the bottles/jars, and end up walking out empty handed and frustrasted. :ohwell: I've been like 5 times. I know the owners are gonna start thinking that I'm either crazy :nuts:, or stealing from them! :lachen:

This was a great story Anky. I am glad you had a hair enlightening trip too. THis sounds wonderful. This was very insightful too.

Thanks for sharing.

hey anky...

i am glad you enjoyed your trip to PR...your hair still looks thick and healthy... i love it...

but geez, when will more people realize that american black women can have nice hair too????? LOL...

I am glad you had a good time! :D The funny part about reading your story is I use to work in the travel industry and went to PR all the time and did not know those stores even exist. But I do love PR and had a good time everytime I went.

I just need to know now were in DC I can find a good Dominican stylist and BSS? Someone help me please. :confused:

Thanks I will stay away from the caffine and fast food.

Sounds like you had a ball. I love PR, can't wait to go back. That conditioner mix sounds like a for sure hair treat. I'll have to remember that on my next visit.

ayanapooh said:
Anky, I'm so jello that you had such a great hair experience on your vacation! :spank: I wanna go too! LOL! :lol: There's actually quite a few Dominican salons in Miami, and there's a really nice Dominican beauty supply that I discovered right by my house, but every time I walk in I get overwhelmed by the choices, can't read the bottles/jars, and end up walking out empty handed and frustrasted. :ohwell: I've been like 5 times. I know the owners are gonna start thinking that I'm either crazy :nuts:, or stealing from them! :lachen:

Yes, I agree with what Yokourt said... I was hanging on your every word! Each time I scrolled further down the page, I was like yes! There's more! :grin:

Ayanapooh, where is the dominican bss around your way in Miami? I would love to know, I just moved down there (S. Miami near the University of Miami) and still don't know where anything is! Also, which dominican salon were you referring to?

Thanks! :)

Anky, thanks for the tips. Did you ever find out if it was Kuul or kuuz? I have the Toque Emergencia and I am going to try it because Emergencee has not been working for me lately.

I'm going to make a mix this weekend with the following:

Nacidit Honey & Almond Hair Conditioner
Kan Kanechomn Lisshidrat Deep Conditioning Cream
Miss Key Super Conditioner 10 en 1
Faviola Carrect Olive Oil Rinse
Capilo Honey and Milk Rinse

I hope to have something good to report!

I finally did a dominican mix and used the following

Miss Key 10 EN 1
Rivas Silicon Mix
Nacidit Olive Oil
Crom Emergencia
Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse
Alopecil Cinnamon and Rosemary Oil-I had been sleeping on this product.
I will try it tomorrow hoping for good results.

Yeah I'm waiting for results too, although I should just mix what I have since I'm finishing products.

I like my mix, I get no tangles from it, the comb just glides through. Especially now that I've limited shampoo usage. Also I mixed the 10 en 1 with the Olive Oil rinse and some honey, my hair turned out really soft!

My hair is loving my dominican mix and seem to be responding especially when I do a pre hot oil treament with Alopecil Cinnamon and Rosemary oil this stuff really tingles my scalp I have to oder some more.

Bumping for Divinefavor and Macherieamour.

special note: Sneaky Diana mixed SIX and not five conditioners in my mix. I found out what made my conditioner green:

Rysell Avocado Conditioning Treatment! :lick:

Wow! Interesting experience! While I was reading your story, it painted a vivid picture in my mind. I felt like I was in your shoes! :)

Thanks Anky!! I'm gonna go on over to the BSS today to see if they have this Kuul, I do know the Suela Y Canela is the Capilo Sole Cinnamon Rinse, I have them all but the Kuul and the Rysell Avacodo Cond. Treat. so I'll see if I can pick up these two this late afternoon. Off I go and will post my results.

well I'm back from the BSS and they had the Rysell Avacodo Hair Treatment, but no Kuul.
The ingredient in the Rysell looks yummy: it includes biotin, Castor oil, Lanoline, Elastin, Natural Avacodo Oil, Collogen, Proteins and some other stuff. I know it smells good and I can't wait to get to mixin. lol

I tried "the Concoction" and I loved it!!! The only variations I made was in the Avocado Conditioner: I used Avocado oil instead... and I added Carrot Oil.

1. Toque Emergencia
2. Capilo Suela y Canela Rinse
3. Miss Key 10 en 1
4. Rivas Silicon Mix
5. Kuz Double Tips Cream Conditioner (for Unhealthy Hair)
6. Avocado Oil
7. Carrot Oil

Mixed it up in a reused "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" bowl and applied with a perm/color brush (I know that's a bit much but I felt like I was able to apply it to smaller sections of hair with more control and without dropping "the Concoction" in the sink!) Covered my hair with a plastic cap, vacuumed the floors, washed a load of clothes and changed the linens on two beds, then washed it out followed by Lafier Rinse (pink). Very nice!!! Now, I'm thinking about adding a glob or two of the Rinse to my next application -- just for additional slip.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :notworthy

And you're right: this was a pricy enterprise. The Kuz conditioner was $19.99 alone! Luckily I had the Silicon Mix and 10 in 1 in the back of the closet!

Best,
BamaBelle

How many of each ingredient to mix in? Equal parts? How much oil did you use?

BamaBelle said:
I tried "the Concoction" and I loved it!!! The only variations I made was in the Avocado Conditioner: I used Avocado oil instead... and I added Carrot Oil.

1. Toque Emergencia
2. Capilo Suela y Canela Rinse
3. Miss Key 10 en 1
4. Rivas Silicon Mix
5. Kuz Double Tips Cream Conditioner (for Unhealthy Hair)
6. Avocado Oil
7. Carrot Oil

Mixed it up in a reused "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" bowl and applied with a perm/color brush (I know that's a bit much but I felt like I was able to apply it to smaller sections of hair with more control and without dropping "the Concoction" in the sink!) Covered my hair with a plastic cap, vacuumed the floors, washed a load of clothes and changed the linens on two beds, then washed it out followed by Lafier Rinse (pink). Very nice!!! Now, I'm thinking about adding a glob or two of the Rinse to my next application -- just for additional slip.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :notworthy

And you're right: this was a pricy enterprise. The Kuz conditioner was $19.99 alone! Luckily I had the Silicon Mix and 10 in 1 in the back of the closet!

Best,
BamaBelle

So Spanish Speaking Ladies::::::What is Kuul? PAR FAVOR???? Several ladies have asked on this thread, but so far, no response. Please Reply. bonjour

?

Yes, it sound like a great trip, wished I was there as well.

I'm brand new to this site and already I see I'm a product junkie. I have a list of things to buy. Everytime I think I've ended my list I add something else.

Thanks so much for all of your input.

Back